Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Balkan Affairs
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 1 year ago
Hey there Balkan boys! Here are results ex-Yu clubs had in group stages of UEFA champions league and Europa league. Fun facts, if you are a fan of dark humor.

Dinamo Zagreb - 0 wins, 1 draw, 5 loses, total 1 point - 1 scored goal, 14 given away

FK Partizan - 0 wins, 3 draws, 3 loses, total 3 points - 3 scored goals, 8 goals given away

NK Maribor - 1 win, 1 draw, 4 loses, total 4 points - 6 goals scored, 10 given away

Interesting fact is that for example if you combine Partizan's and Maribor's points, it still would not be enough to get trough any of the groups in Europa league!
Here is a little laugh! Top ten list of insane football club owners, and off course there had to be place for one Serb and one Croat! Guess who are those two!

Link: www.whoateallthepies.tv/lists/146224/top-10-insane...
Macedonian (Napoli) 1 year ago
Velja what hapend on this match

Quite honestly, I know pretty much as you. I did not watch that match either live or on TV. All I have seen is from internet and newspapers.

English are pretty much saying that our fans abused Deny Rose on racial basis all match long, while our FA says that Rose himself provoked our fans at the end of the game. However, our fans should have not imitated ape sounds, that is way over the line! On the other hand, there is a question how come only Rose was a target? I guess for every fight there needs to be two sides, but Serbian issue is that we have no limits when emotions start running, and again our fans in Krusevac were way out of the line
Your Serbian fans not helping Serbia football at all creating picture for Serbian people are uneducated uncivilised idiots for west to many problems every time when Serbian team is involved in any sport I can’t believe your FFS and government they don’t take any much more series action against hooligans. I know the mentality for me it is easier to understand your frustration with west but is wrong way to be showed youse just helping them to make you look worst then it is.
Same in match with Macedonia in Skopje about 1000 Serbian supporters come on the match to provocative incidents.
Your media publish articles they will kill Albanians in streets of Skopje.
Just to boil before the match, before match starts Serbian spectators pull out Greek flag to provoke Macedonian spectators knowingly will cause reaction which they succeed they whistle Serbian national anthem which I don’t approve need to respect and be civil.
Which put black hole in regional derby.
Was reading news they talking about all out ban of Serbian football which is very bad and not solving the problem at all.
We all as region will louse from that sort hash action.
Racism is big think every where even in England but I can’t see how can be put stop to that always in crowd will group which will cause the problem in any country and fire of the moment will get support from majority.
I get your point and I agree with you. Issue with Serbian governing bodies (in football and state) is that we do nothing to prevent problems. We only act on it and try to resolve it as best possible short term, like now, where our FA is trying to build a case that Rose provoked Serbian fans with his gesture after England scored a goal, without thinking of why did Serbian fans react so disgracefully, no matter if Rose provoked them or not.
Again, we come back to corruption in justice system. It is individuals that start things like this, hooligans that have a goal to make a trouble, and do not care about football. The issue is that in western countries people like this would end up in jail after first incident, and never be allowed to set a foot on a stadium again, while in Serbia we have so called "fans" that publicly brag about having 20 criminal charges against them, and still walking free. Until we do not solve that, not much can be done to stop incidents like this.
As far as incidents in Skopje, I read about Greek flag and reaction which Macedonian fans had once our anthem was played, and I understand that reaction. They were simply provoked. But you cannot justify stabbing three people no matter what (I read this in newspapers as well, that three Serbian fans were stabbed on the street). This is just to state my point that there are idiots everywhere, what makes difference is how justice system deals with them. Unfortunately, in ex-YU countries we obviously do not do that well.
I agree that stuff like these do not reflect well on our image in the world, but I also believe that person which judge one nation based on incidents that were obviously caused by hooligans with no brain, is as ignorant as those who were insulting English player on racial basis.
As far as Serbian football, I am so tired of problems surrounding it, that I truly would not be worried at all if FIFA and UEFA suspended our national team
Totally agree with you for the stabbings regardless of media publishing articles which add fuel on fire who knows what is the whole truth behind the whole stabbing who initiated and how all happened I am confident in Macedonian police will deal with them also our courts are in much better state now than ever before. Macedonian juridical system has improved a lot but still not up to the level of west.
Yes people with brain intellectuals on west know better for Serbia and Serbian people but crowd will only know what their media serves to them they will have perception for Serbian people are still cave men without any intellectual back ground.
No more then week after those incidents again Grobari basketball in Montenegro provoke incident.
If I was on head of Serbian government I will ban the whole group must put stop on all this.

Again, Partizan fans did provoke Buducnost fans (which at the end is what fans do, do not know what did they exactly chant), but Montenegrin police should have never let Buducnost fans enter the court with flares and run towards stand where were Partizan fans, and than as a reaction Partizan fans enter the court as well. There is statement from the Montenegrin police, that there was no enough police to secure the game at the first place.

Let's not lie ourselves, it will take the long time before we kick out nationalistic chants from stadiums in Balkans due to our history (we cannot brain wash people), but what must be stopped is poor organization of the matches and punishing the individuals that constantly make problems in the sports matches. This way you will make potential idiots that come to watch games, think twice about causing issue. This is by far biggest issue we have in Serbia.

And to be realistic, tough economic situation in all ex-YU state does not help solving these issues, because people will come to stadiums and release their frustrations, which on Balkans is never a nice site
Again, Partizan fans did provoke Buducnost fans (which at the end is what fans do, do not know what did they exactly chant), but Montenegrin police should have never let Buducnost fans enter the court with flares and run towards stand where were Partizan fans, and than as a reaction Partizan fans enter the court as well. There is statement from the Montenegrin police, that there was no enough police to secure the game at the first place.

Let's not lie ourselves, it will take the long time before we kick out nationalistic chants from stadiums in Balkans due to our history (we cannot brain wash people), but what must be stopped is poor organization of the matches and punishing the individuals that constantly make problems in the sports matches. This way you will make potential idiots that come to watch games, think twice about causing issue. This is by far biggest issue we have in Serbia.

And to be realistic, tough economic situation in all ex-YU state does not help solving these issues, because people will come to stadiums and release their frustrations, which on Balkans is never a nice site
Totally understand the current situation and history connected but governing bodies they don’t do absolutely nothing to change the hooliganism .

Velja found this on you tube is very funny this men is legend what passion in him He will best replacement for Mihajlivic.
Make shore do no drink or have mouth full vile you watching this

HAHAHa
Exactly, governing bodies are not doing a thing to stop hooligans, and that is the difference between us and the western countries. While their idiots are behind the bars, our are walking free on the streets and off course going to football matches!

I watched this video while ago, but it still makes you cry laughing! We need a coach like this one!

Just recap what happened in last round of FIFA 2014

16/10/12 20:45 Brussels Belgium 2:0 (0:0)Scotland

16/10/12 20:30 Skopje Macedonia 1:0 (0:0) Serbia

16/10/12 20:00 Osijek Croatia 2:0 (1:0)Wales

12/10/12 20:30 Skopje FYR Macedonia1:2 (1:1) Croatia

12/10/12 20:30 Belgrade Serbia 0:3 (0:1) Belgium

12/10/12 19:45 Cardiff Wales 2:1 (0:1) Scotland

Belgium 4 3 1 0 8 1 10
Croatia 4 3 1 0 6 2 10
Serbia 4 1 1 2 6 5 4
Macedonia 4 1 1 2 3 4 4
Wales 4 1 0 3 3 11 3
Scotland 4 0 2 2 2 5 2

My view the favourites to win group got separated from rest and I think this the way will finish could be only changes on bottom end of table
Macedonia prove over and over again if opponent can’t win the game from play our team will reward goals to them two stupid mistake from defence give the win to Croatia on plate,
Small correction with Serbia in defence and proved was the formula but still attack is without killer finish Macedonian coach needs to find striker who can covert.
We had problem before start up our self made stars Popov & Ristic made scenes before start and they were not included in line up cong to Cede J for showing character proving on one is before national jersey
Serbian team has big problems on field also of the field same as Macedonia
Croatia has problems also to but their quality and experience prove to be winner combination for them.
Belgium like sad before are team to watch out
Wales also are good but depending on the day
Scotland no words
I believe that in order to disrupt Croatian and Belgian fight for the top, it would take for Macedonia and Serbia to have a six game winning streak, which is, based on what both teams showed so far, extremely unlikely.

As far as Serbia, there have been some turmoils in our locker room. Apparently, Ivanovic and Kolarov did not like the fact that Mihajlovic blamed them directly for loss against Belgium. Against Belgium we played well first 40 minutes, but after giving goal away, our play fell apart. Our game against Macedonia is not worth commenting. There is several months break until next matches, and we will see if anything will change. I am not very optimistic ahead of our match against Croatia
Zenpull (NK Celje) 1 year ago
Thanks for the link. I guess this type of the competition is interesting for British clubs as well, because there was always talk about Celtic and Rangers joining PL
Zenpull (NK Celje) 1 year ago
Anyone have a website link?
Again is actualised old idea of Balkan Regional League apparently in Montenegro in September was meeting from Head off Balkan FFA Serbia Croatia Serbia Slovenia Bosnia Macedonia And Bulgaria and Hungary apparently Platini wants to see regional league with 16 clubs some think like that from 2015 this will be great for Balkans
Hope fully will create format which will benefit all also don’t kill home competitions.
I read about it as well, and off course I am as well hoping that this idea that will no doubt benefit football in Balkans will come to an realization. I do believe that due to security reasons, fans should not be allowed to have organized travels to away matches.

I believe that in order to save domestic competition, qualifying for UEFA competitions will have to stay through the national championships
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 2 years ago
In Serbia nothing new!

After Red Star firing Petrovic "Pizon" couple of years ago and Partizan firing Aleksandar Stanojevic nine months ago, Vojvodina sacked coach Zlatomir Zagorcic for being on the 1st place in the national championship after four rounds! Reason was "boring style of football"! Vojvodina scored 4 goals in four matches, while winning three and drawing one.

I guess Fabio Capello would not survive one day in Serbian football?!
Macedonian (Napoli) 2 years ago
Tipical balkan
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol how is this real?
The thing is that clubs in Serbia have presidents that are mostly egomaniacs and they cannot have coaches with authority bigger than theirs in the club. As Macedonian said, typical Balkan mentality.

We have a saying here:'' The one that does not go crazy in Serbia, is insane!''
Borg (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully that can change in the future!
UEFA published list of clubs that will not receive bonuses for competing in Europe due to unpaid taxes and debts to other club and players. Out of 24 clubs, 10 are from ex-Yu countries. These are:

Borac, Sarajevo I Željezničar (BIH)
Hajduk Split, Osijek (CRO)
Škendija 79 (MAC)
Budućnost, Rudar (MON)
Partizan, Vojvodina (SRB)

This is preliminary list, and still not active. Clubs still can pay off their debts and receive bonuses
Very impressive score is Serbia that good or Wales had bad day.
Honestly I thought Wales will be much better side
In my opinion top 3 places will be
Belgium
Serbia Or Croatia
Macedonia
Scotland
Wales
Macedonia not hope in this group for top 2 places we don’t have strong bench but we definitely we can stuff up plans to some team.
Skopje Fillip2 will be hell for Croatia & Serbia in October.
If Macedonia can mange 4 points from 2 games will be super duper but hard to believe.
Belgium team looks impressive all young players playing in good leagues and good clubs I think they are the one to watch out.

Maybe it will sound funny, but I think Welsh player underestimated our team based on our performance against Scots. By the time they realized what hit them, we already had 2-0 lead and our youngsters were all over the place, playing confident.

As I said, the main task for Mihajlovic will be to keep this type of play constant, which will be tough because our starting line up has five players with age between 18-21 (Nastasic, Tadic, Ignjovski, L. Markovic and Djuricic).

Match against Macedonia in Skopje will be tough for any side in our group. I truly believe Macedonia deserved to have 4 points out of these two matches, but obviously there is a problem in converting chances they are creating.

I was not impressed by Croatia's performance against Macedonia and Belgium, it is obvious that they are still adapting to their new coach.

Belgium has a great talent and they are definitely going to be toughest opponent for anyone in this group.

I do still believe that this is group with no clear cut favorites and I think last week of qualifies will decide which two teams will progress further
Serbia - Wales 6:1

Quiet honestly, this was the first time I watched Serbian team pressing for the goal the whole match. I new this match was important for young players in our team to win (average age of the Serbian squad is 24), so they could build their confidence which was lacking in the match against Scotland. Once Kolarov scored first goal, you could see youngsters getting more and more hungry and courageous. I think Serbian team finally showed their full potential, but the question is can they keep consistency and play like this against Belgium and Croatia. If they do, we will have success in this qualifies. Keep an eye on Dusan Tadic (last season 22 assists in Dutch championship), this guy has a football vision you can rarely find! Also, I like 4-3-3 system we are playing, because it gives Kolarov and Ivanovic a lot of space to come forward from behind.

Honestly, I think Wales still did not recover from Garry Speed tragedy, because their game is not even close to what they showed in EURO 2012 qualifies
Didn't watch Wales Belgium
Serbia Scotland my view Serbia had more of possession but Scots look more dangers in their attack this game can gone other way to bee despondent for Serbia and Scotland I think the score was fare what happened on pitch

Croatia - Macedonia I could not believe this the same team played against Spain so well Croatia was lucky to got away with 3 Points from this game in first half Macedonia overplayed Creation side we had more promising chances then Croatia Unlucky Macedonian site if you look statics off the match Croatia had more possession but less shots on Goal and off target Referee favoured Croatian side could of easy shown two red cards Pandev was always stopped by Faull right on score box Simunic I think could of get straight red card for karate kick as last men. Conservational penalty on Pandev ref didn’t call Pletikosa goal keeper actually was fare and after match admit was slate touch on Pandev.
Over all happy how Macedonia played but unlucky and paid the prise of too many misses and because on stupid mistake of defence conceded naive goal but Modric show why is Real he placed prefect ball in Square.

2014 WC qualifications: Scotland - Macedonia 1:1 .

Noveski (#4) celebrates his goal; photo: amazonaws.ComMacedonia opened with a positive start and took the deserving lead in the 11th minute but a defensive mistake just before halftime allowed Scotland to tie the game for a final result of 1:1.

Manager Chedomir Janevski made one change to the Macedonian squad that faced Croatia on 7 September by starting Mirko Ivanovski instead of Stevica Ristic as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Macedonia opened brightly and took the lead in the 11th minute through Nikolche Noveski. Ivan Trichkovski took a short corner, the ball would eventually reach Demiri who made a good pass back to Trichkovski whose low cross towards goal was sent to the back of the net by Noveski. Macedonia was the much better team at this stage of the game and you could hear Makedonija chants from the crowd while the Scottish fans were booing the performance of their team. Agim Ibraimi should have made it 2:0 in the 30th minute after receiving a great pass by Pandev but his effort from a good position was saved by the Scotland keeper. Macedonia seemed to be in absolute control but a defensive mistake by Vanche Shikov just before halftime allowed Scotland to score an easy equalizer. Shikov's clearance was poor and the ball eventually reached an opposing player who then passed the ball to Kenny Miller for an easy goal from close range.

In the 37th minute, Ivan Trichkovski suffered a hamstring injury and was substituted by Ferhan Hasani.

The 2nd half opened tense as neither side wanted to concede a quick goal after the break. The first chance didn't come until after 10 minutes when a strike by Hasani hit the post. For Scotland, their first real opportunity of the half came in the 68th minute when a quickly taken free kick saw substitute Jordan Rhodes send a header just wide of the right goal post. Four minutes later, Pandev again sent a great through ball, this time to Ivanovski, but Mirko's shot was also saved by the Scottish keeper. It was a very similar chance to the one by Ibraimi in the 1st half, also created by Pandev. Scotland, however, was the more aggressive side to finish the game as the Macedonian players started to tire. Scotland was desperate to score a game winner and pushed forward with the support of their home fans but the score would remain 1:1 at the end of regulation and each side will settle for a point.

Link: youtu.be/-rwkBRfdjfQ

Group A
Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
Serbia 2 1 1 0 6 1 4
Belgium 2 1 1 0 3 1 4
Croatia 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
Scotland 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
Macedonia 2 0 1 1 1 2 1
Wales 2 0 0 2 1 8 0
Based on the highlights, how did Macedonia manage not to win against Scotland?! A lot of miss clear chances and awful mistake by defender to give away a goal. I think Macedonia will make a lot of trouble to every team in the group.

Scots are weak team. As I said earlier, young Serbian players paid the price of not having courage to attack like they did against Wales, and this is the reason we played goalless. But Macedonia should have won
Croatia - Macedonia 1:0
Wales - Belgium 0:2
Scotland - Serbia 0:0

Our team is filled with players younger than 22 and we play that way. You could see that Serbian players were scared, and there was no one able to take the charge, especially offensively. Overall we payed fine, putting aside that we are not able to score goals. The only chances Scotland had came out of our mistakes, so if we correct that, we will be solid, but still stuck with the scoring issue. We simply do not have a real striker able to make a difference on this level.

Your thoughts?
Peteko 2 years ago
Tirana eliminated Grevenmacher (Lux) in the first round of Europa League.
They were eliminated in the second round by a Norwegian side (Aalesund), losing a humiliating 0-5 in their away game.

But, now UEFA are investigating whether there was a match-fixing deal there. Since when do Albanian sides need to be paid to lose 0-5? We've done it for free over and over again.
It is sad that from time to time Balkan clubs get involved in investigations about fixing UEFA games! Seven years ago Partizan was under similar situations after winning their away match against Maccabi Petach Tikva (ISR) after we won away game 2-0, and than lost at home 2-5! It was an embarrassing display! I do guess it is not easy for UEFA to prove these allegations without any inside lead (domestic agencies)...
Peteko 2 years ago
If they really did it they deserve to get banned and pay for it.
Unfortunately, there is little hope of fighting corruption, bribery in the domestic leagues, right now
Partizan is out of champions league! Honestly the way we were playing, I am not surprised.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football