Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
Are We Witnessing Chelsea's Golden Era?
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 3 years ago
Also I think Chelsea is good enough to win the champions league, and I think this would solify there golden status. PLus I don't think they have won a champions league. There team is aging so they better win this year or next
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Most Def. This is the best start in their history to the premier league. This is their best team in their whole history. They are jst strolling past teams. Something they hardly did under The Speicial One
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
It was only three months ago....    It stands as a monumental reminder that the start of the season is often deceiving.
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Totally right, funny how some people already gave Chelsea the title after the 1st couple games (and talking about Golden era lol). It just seemed inevitable to me that Chelsea would have a tough stretch at some point during the season, I just didn't know it will be this bad
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I think I jinxed it up all, sorry y'all boys in blue, and United fan boys can thank me later!
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah, you owe me a big apology. Now we are in 5th place and might be missing out on Champions league.... Lol
Pragathish, the only way to make it up to them is to start another thread now about Manchester United: Are they the new "invincibles"? I bet they will start losing games like silly. Lol
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
This is why I don't like to predict things at the beginning of the season
Mumbai (Chelsea) 3 years ago
It is not just silly to hype the things but also not to get hassled rating Chelsea down yet because of the current situation! Chelsea is backed by a soccer passionate Billionair! Who knows; you ll see these guys might be back again! Who knows they get some good player on board? I think after past few good years this could be clean up time - Chelsea's aging squad saw few players out of the club during last transfer window. You might see couple of more clean ups and good signings,
This transition should be good (young lads replacing oldies) for eg. Arsenal - 5 yrs so far (I am not Ferguson fan but he has done that job pretty well);
Yes title hopes are fading this season but real Chelsea fan would want right signing and real power game by Blues!
It might be a small blip in golden era buddy!
Mumbai (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I mean Arsenal took long time amid money saver Wenger. I don't know what he does sitting on all that money Arsenal have!
He sh*ts on them to make a point. Lol.

But seriously you are right that just like early success in this season does not mean that Chelsea are living a golden era, it is also true that this dip in form excludes the possibility of an on going golden era.

First of all, if Manchester United falls for some reason and Arsenal or City win the Premier League this year. Chelsea's fall will get lost among the discussion that the Premier League is changing.
Second, if Chelsea finds the strength (relieved of the EPL race tension) to win the Champions League and/or FA, it will still be considered as a good season for them, assuming that they will end up at least in the top 4.
They will need also to go back and win the Premier League in the next season and this will look like a golden era in the making.
So the chances are there. But Roman has yet to show what he intends to do with the club

Kick4Life - changing lives through football