Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
3 Players That Can Save Liverpool's Skins If They Come To Anfield.
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
1 penn  2 teller  3 copperfield    Sub.... Tommy cooper
Johnbull (Millwall) 5 years ago
I like your style Tony,
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
I think these players cand save Liverpool this season if they are transfered:
1.Xabi Alonso (back from Real Madrid)

2.Franck Ribery

3.Alexandre Pato

Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
All the three are very good players but they are among the most expensive players too. Livepool can never afford them. Just a rough estimation:Xabi(30M) + Pato(40M maybe) + Ribery(80M) = 150M Eoros?
Notatall possible. Rafa alredy told that he don't have any money for this winter transfer!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Yup!It will be impossible.... So i'll be realistic and modify yours!

1) yaya toure (barca sounds like they don't need him anymore)

2)Rafael VDV(unhappy at madrid)

3)Ricardo Quaresma?
I think Liverpool don't need Yaya Toure 'cause he is bit defensive and we already have mash who is a similar player like him. We need some one who plays as a holding midfielder
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Quaresma flop at Chelsea....

Rockerr, I do think buying Yaya Toure is good, just in case the next window Mascherano leaves....

Anyway, I just read that Ruud van Nistelrooy might want to leave in Jan, so perhaps Liverpool can buy back one of their rival's former player?
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
I don't think Liverpool will buy Ruud back, most players at his age mostly are playing in some smaller clubs, like Juninho - Al Gharafa, Ronaldo - Corinthians. I don't think Liverpool will buy a player with a grand age, furthermore, Real Madrid are money grabbers, they will sell him at a very high price, don't think Liverpool would even think of buying Ruud
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I would think otherwise. Since his salary is high, and its a foregone conclusion that old guys don't sell well, then perhaps Madrid would be just happy for him to leave the club rather than sitting around not playing and collect pay. Maybe Florentino Perez might send him to Liverpool himself, LOL. Just a thought...
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think the suggestion of Quaresma is very good! He is such an excellent player

Drukdude (Chelsea) 5 years ago
1. Dzeko (He is great and Liverpool desperately need another striker)
2. Rafael vdv (some ideas in midfield, and he is unsettled in Madrid, so there might be a chance)
3. Rafael (plays in Berlin, they could trade him for Voronin, whom they want)
Do you think that they will give Raffael who is just 24 for Voronin? , I don't think so
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I like the idea of bringing in Van der Vaart in during the transfer window, he would be a great signing for us. I have been saying we should get Misimovic, but he will be quite pricy I think
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I like van der vart as well. He was awesome ar hamburg, I wonder how good he can be at liverpool
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Oh That would be wonderful for Liverpool especially since he's looking to leave Madrid and at a lower price tag. The things I've seen from at Hamburg and Madrid (he was treated unfairly) are wonderful. I like Van der Vart and Sneijder a lot would like one of 'em at United
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Chiellini  Trochowski  Cassano
Throchowski, THE most underated player in the whole of germany. Seriosuely. He was the key man in the game againts werder bremen, when bremen lacked quality (No Diego) he took the field by storm. Still one of my fave Wingers of all time.

And cassano. This man needs to be given a medal for bieng so awesome.... And achieving so less. He is one of the best strikers in italy right now. Brininging to liverpool would be awesome. He is better then ngo'g and vororonin anyways
Ngo'g and vororonin absolutely suck your first team may look like a team that's worthy of high competition (mosty cause of Gerrard and torres) but on the bench and else ware you look like Portsmouth
Lool haha. I won't take a lot away from ngo, but voronin needs to get a grip and score. As for the team. We aint half bad. We got the players. We just need a few more beneyouns in the team who really give the extra dimension to the team. Hopefully aquallani will do good. Damn i've been saying that for a long time now. Damn when is that fool gonna' play. 20 million to warm a bench is not good
I thought he was supposed to be back by now. You've been saying that for four months
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yes trochowski is a great player I don't knoe why he is still in Hamburger and Cassano would be great for liverpoll playing behind torres and gerrard in the midlfield
Thochowski could be good for the prem. And cassano would get 1st team football. Its almost certain
Yea cassano would get first team football for practically any club. Good player him, and good signing for Liverpool I imagine
I don't think Chiellini will come since he is Juve and Italy's key defender, Juve will set a high price tag on him
Maybe that ex barca player at juve. Whats his name again. That young defender?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Name's Caceres
Aha him. (Yamsy to the rescue eh)
It's a bird! It's a Plane! No it's Yamsy!
All fantastic picks Bloodbrothers, I especially like Cassano and Trochowski all realistic choices as well, no Ribery or David Villa(we can not afford them). Cassano I think would be a better investment than Ruud as well, younger, less expensive, and a fantastic goal scorer Trochowski I know less about, seems very underrated. When I saw him he was great, would love to see him in a Liverpool kit(still think we should get Misimovich instead though)
Zzlatan (Barcelona) 5 years ago
They need one midfielder in place of xabi alono.
So there are many, but I think Fabregas has the skill what it takes to replace a player like xabi alonso.

He has best skills in assisting goal,
Perfect penalty taker,
And Also he can take free kick like xabi was doing at liverpool.

Then they want one striker. [center forward]
So I think Samuel eto'o can change the thing at anfield.
He can put opposition in trouble with his speed.
And like he was in barca, he got some great through ball through xavi and iniesta, so here Cecs Fabregas can provide some through balls.

And 3rd players as incuteartion has said that Eric Abidal as Left back.
It is the perfect spot for abidal to play in there.
Because liverpool has already got Attacking right back. {glen johnson}
So Abidal is also attacking left back, He wants to go forward and he can provide some nice ball to the striker.

SO THIS players CAN SAVE liverpool's SKIN IF THEY COME TO anfield....

{But I think none of the player is likely to come at anfield}

Long live liverpool.

Okay barca lover lol maybe a few players that havent been in barca already
Wow haha, anybody not acquainted with Barca?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
We all know that Rafa's got some problems when choosing transfers, so lets all think abstractly about the players we choose. Pick some players that's not very famous, but yet good....
Eg. Suarez from Ajax, Danny Alves from Zenit and Niang from Marseille....
Who's Suarez? Haha if only Liverpool could afford a few more Torreses
Danny Alves. Brother of Dani Alves.... Where there Parents on Crack?
LOL! Haha what where they thinking, Dani vs Danny
I mean the names are to similar. Its like rooney and his brother called rooni or something
No I know, now that would be creepy
Suarez is first on the list for Liverpool I think, he is a inspirational captain and a classy forward for the Ajax team. A lot of composure for this young man whom is only 22, great penalty taker
Oh my god, I would love Saurez to come to Liverpool! He would be a kop legend, the young Uruguayan, but do you think it is realistic we could purchase him? He is running rampant in the Dutch league, he recently scored his 17 league goal and I think his price tag must be over 30 million dollars at this point in his career. Something we couldn't easily afford, but I would absolutely love to see this player in a Liverpool shirt
Ciankc (Manchester United) 5 years ago
David villa and torres would be a great striker partnership. Just like on the spain squad!
And torres wants this move. But its so hard when the owners turn out to be so cheap
Cheapskates
Saad but soo true
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Carlton Cole
With Fernando Torres injuries all the time, Liverpool is planning a swoop for West Ham striker Carlton Cole. The England man has been attracting interest from a number of clubs suc as Tottenham , Aston Villa .

Matthew Upson
A steel defender that can do great in Liverpool`s defence . He cost about 5m pounds

Rafael van der Vaart
With Aquilani not being able to adapt, Benitez is looking for more invention in midfield. Van der Vaart was thought to be about to sign for Everton in the summer.

Roman Pavlyuchenko
Pavlyuchenko can`t adapt at White Hart Lane . Benitez needs something new in front.

I suspect this is copied from some other articles
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Detective:> show the evidence
13 hours ago exactly after you post, I see "(independent)", but I see now you have edited it. But it's ok, I see summarised the post
13 hours ago exactly after you post, I see "(independent)", but I see now you have edited it. But it's ok, I see you have summarised the post
13 hours, 14 days ago I see you double posted
Double posts D:
I think Liverpool's stupid owners won't invest much money.So,let's be realistic and analyze who they can get.First they should sell voronin and Dossena and mange to get around 10 Million.

1)Ruud Van Nistelrooy(on a loan deal)
There would be many debates going wheteher he would do good or not,but I believe Van ins the man that LFC need.Yes,he is injury prone,I agree.So,they should get him on a 'pay as you play' deal.He would definitely serves as a good back-up for Torres and also can be used as a supersub.

2)Juan Mata(Trade with Babel)
Young,agile and would definitely do good for Liverpool.Maybe LFC can use Babel as a bait to get this guy.His pace is much needed for Liverpool.

3)Simon Kjaer(12 Million)
Young and considered as one of the strongest defender in Italy.Already he's price tagged as 12 Million,so Liverpool should must get this guy and end their defensive woes.

Getting Rafael VDV on a loan basis would be also a good deal
Great choices, but VDV won't suit to the Liverpool squad, he prefers playing in the centre attacking role, which is already occupied by Gerrard, he can't play beside Masch because he don't really know how to defend, he is also not really effective on the wings role, I say VDV come Everton
Devang (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Liverpool don't need star players they just need to stay injury free....
The first 11 squad can do some serious damage if every player is injury free and not constantly substituted according to rafa's tactics which till today I couldn't understand....

I would like to see Liverpool buy a new right winger as kuyt is a striker
1. Kaka(Neva gana happen)

2. Leo Messi(Neva gana happen)

3. Xabi Alonso(may happen)
Xabi alonso-may happen? You gotta' be kidding.... No way xabi is gonna' come back!
Yup he won't.... But he played so many seasons for the reds the passion might bring him back!
Alonso should come back to save Liverpool next season
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is living the dream at the moment, even though he was brought up in barcalona he always supported the madrid lions. I don't think he will ever come back, its sad but he made his mind about his career.

Maybe he can Manage us One Day
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Upson  Dzeko  Gago
Good Choices. Very Realistic.

Upson- don't think his enjoying losing at West ham atm he could be a good choice but I don't think he would like competing with Skyrtel, Agger etc. Its a position we are lacking quality so yeah, ,

Dzeko- if his rejecting offers to United, Chelsea etc I don't think he will come to ours. But he would could part with torres. But dzeko's won't work in liverpool as we don't play 4-4-2. Putting Either Him or Torres in a position that they won't fit in.

Gago- Great Pick

He is not doing nothing at madrid and I believe has a lot of quality and his style is very rare. He holds the ball very well. And can attack. Does lack a lot of potential bieng " One " of the many players in the Madrid Reserves
Liverpool is reported that they are chasing Upson! Link: www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/01/09/1735058/...
Very Good News but please god say we have enough money
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You should, I mean this is West Ham your dealing with here
Even still. A Defender of his class won't be under 10milion
But the problem is with Westham's Manager if he let him settle in Anfield or not?!
Most chances no. Zola thinks very highly of his players. I won't want to be him if upson wants to leave
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Good choices. But Dzeko is high-priced, so I don't think LFC can get Edin Dzeko
Upson:He is the right defender that any one needs. He is strong good on his head and feet. And good in defence and going foward

Dzeko:He is the striker every one wants. And when he forms a lethal force with torres there is no stopping them.

Gago:We need a second passer of the ball. And Gago is the right person. He is not treated well at Madrid. And he can fit in well in the EPL
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Zola won't want to let Upson go. Only if he's forced to. They're in debt and out of money right now, so they might go for a good money deal. That's just the thing they'll want over 10m for Upson, and maybe Liverpool can't afford
Kimaway- Torres hasn't played 4-4-2 for almost 2 years now. How do you think his gonna' change now?
He could try to adapt
And last season he played 4-4-2 with stevie
Arda Turan from Galatasray  Maroune Chamakh from Bordeaux  Upson from West Ham United
Don't know the Turkish lad. Chamakh is too young and un-experienced. And well upson has been mentioned before
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Maxi Rodriguez

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpoo...

"The Argentina international, 29, who is a close friend of Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, is likely to sign an 18-month contract with the Reds."

Any news on this?
Heard that he will be a Liverpool player by this week. And also some problems have arrised as he is demanding some 5M Euros as loyalty bonus from Athletico Madrid

Kick4Life - changing lives through football