Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
11th Hour Transfers
Darius (Southampton) 2 years ago
Here's a quick list of the biggest names that made switches to and from the EPL before the transfer deadline ended:

1. Charlie Adam Liverpool To: Stoke City
2. Christian Benteke Genk To: Aston Villa
3. Dimitar Berbatov Man United To: Fulham
4. Nigel de Jong Man City To: AC Milan
5. Ashkan Dejagah Wolfsburg To: Fulham
5. Clint Dempsey Fulham To: Tottenham
6. Giovani dos Santos Tottenham To: Real Mallorca
7. Maurice Edu Rangers To: Stoke
8. Javi Garcia Benfica To: Man City
9. Pablo Hernandez Valencia To: Swansea
10. Hugo Lloris Lyon To: Tottenham
11. Maicon Inter Milan To: Man City
12. Stephane Mbia Marseille To: QPR
13. Matija Nastasic Fiorentina To: Man City
14. Steven Nzonzi Blackburn To: Stoke
15. Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe Club Brugge To: Everton
16. Bryan Oviedo Copenhagen To: Everton
17. Gaston Ramirez Bologna To: Southampton
18. Kieran Richardson Sunderland To: Fulham
19. Scott Sinclair Swansea To: Man City
20. Rafa van der Vaart Tottenham To: Hamburg
21. Richard Wright Free Agent To: Man City

Surprised by any? Overrated? Underrated?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
As a Club Brugge fan, I'm a bit saddened and surprised Vadis left. He's a great guy, fantastic midfielder and I still like him, but to see our best player leaving in the final minutes of the transfer window is harsh.

Lloris to Tottenham seems like a great deal for them at only 10m; since I rate him very highly. But today old man Friedel showed his supreme reflexes again and he should remain their n°1 for sure if he keeps performing like that, despite being 16 years the senior of Lloris
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I like the Gio dos Santos move. He just needs to get out of Tottenham as fast as he can and he will do well in Mallorca. Too bad his brother didn't want to make a move and grow. Gio and Jonathan seem to be have polarized decisions. Gio left too early and Jonathan staying a little too long
Darius (Southampton) 2 years ago
I've heard that Vadis will be a very solid player for Everton, as does all players that end up playing for them. They always seem to make good transfers that fit into their squad seamlessly, so I don't expect anything different from this transfer.

It seems as if Tottenham were making moves ahead of time. Have Brad Freidel play at the level he is until he hangs it up and have a quality step right in to take his place once he leaves and/or retires. Thinking about it, I'm guessing Lloris wouldn't have agreed to the transfer knowing that he would have to be 2nd choice for at least a season. He's in my mind solidifying his future for the next decade or so, which is a smart move in my book.

I'm happy Dos Santos left as well, even though I thought with AVB stepping in that he could have been in AVB's setup. At the same time I'm sad for him, because I think despite having little playing time in the EPL, deserves to be at a bigger club. Arguably the best player in concacf, and I'm American. To me he is hands down
Otownballer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The Maicon transfer is intriguing. How will he be incorporated into the City squad and which established, senior defender will he potentially displace and unsettle?
I agree with you both, TheBarcaShow and Darius, I think it was good for Dos Santos to get out of Tottenham so that he can get into a first team and show Europe what he can do.
I want Berbatov to start sprinkling his black magic around the league again. At his best Berbatov reminds me of a lazy, misanthropic, nihilistic Dennis Bergkamp: humiliating the little people with one hand behind his back, just because he can
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm wondering how much playing time Clint Dempsey will get at spurs since AVB always plays with the now famous 4-2-3-1. Seeing as how he'll be competing against Adebayor and Defoe, and there's no way he'll play on the left with Bale around

Kick4Life - changing lives through football