Forums / The Stands: Intelligent Footy Debate
Order: Newest / Oldest
1 Dead, Several Injured In Fight Between Bosnia Soccer Fans
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yay here it comes all over again.... And the sad part is the guy the Croatian fans killed was a Croatian from Sarajevo.... Anyways just wanted to share this

Media reports say one person has been killed and several injured when fans of two Bosnian soccer teams got into a fight before the start of a game.

Bosnian TV says the fight erupted as soon as the Sarajevo soccer team fans arrived in the southern town of Siroki Brijeg on Sunday. The station quoted witnesses as saying that shots could be heard and several vehicles were set on fire, including a police car.

Windows on nearby shops and private homes were smashed by stones the rival groups threw at each other.

Sarajevo fans are predominantly Muslim Bosnian, and fans of the Siroki Brijeg team are Catholic Croats from Bosnia.

The two were enemies during the 1992-95 Bosnian war and animosity from the conflict probably contributed to Sunday's clash.

Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
We do not talk about football, it's because of the past (war and animosity between these two countries). Sadly, it only takes a few wrong people for the conflict begins. In each fighting, he is injured. Sometimes people who do not fight are also injured. We never understand why people are bats. Unfortunately I think this kind of tragedy will always exist
Here is a video of the aftermath    
Just released the name of the person, was a 24 year old male, Vedran Puljic, RIP

One soccer fan was killed and 22 people, including 12 policemen, injured in clashes before a Bosnian Premier League match on Sunday in the southwestern town of Siroki Brijeg, police said.

The game between Sarajevo and Siroki Brijeg was called off after several hundred Sarajevo fans threw stones at shop and bar windows in the centre of the Croat-dominated town, demolishing several cars and setting a police vehicle on fire.

Fans who arrived from the majority Muslim city of Sarajevo clashed with police and 24-year-old Vedran Puljic was killed, the regional police said.

Mostar is known for soccer violence and observers said that most of the regional police were focused on Sunday in the town to prevent possible problems during the Premier League derby between rivals Zrinjski and Velez.

Mostar has been divided between Bosnian Muslims and Bosnian Croats since the end of the 1992-95 war, with Muslims supporting Velez and Croats Zrinjski.

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This is terrible. Sorry to hear it
Yeah crazy stuff here are some pics I got from a friend of mine

Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
RIP from Singapore
Well apparently their are more dead now according to the news,

MOSTAR, Bosnia, Oct 4 (Reuters) - Two soccer fans were killed and 22
People, including 12 policemen, injured in clashes before a Bosnian
Premier League match on Sunday in the southwestern town of Siroki
Brijeg, police said.
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Oh my god how the f*** did that happen?
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well that's very unfortunate. Sport is supposed to allow people to vent their frustrations during the heat of the game. Too bad they can't let their teams sort it out on the field in a friendly yet competitive manor
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Some of those pictures were really scary.... There should be no violance in football!
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Football is a game. Why do I have to say this in every post I do! Why don't people get along. I really don't get it. No, seriously: I don't get it. It is only a piece of leather with air inside. Why the heck shoudl people be injured, more so dying from this? The players have to play each other and they are both on the same pitch and they can do it so what about the fans. Bosnian games are not known for this; the place I hear about most violet football matches is Itaky, then Argentina, never mind Bosnia. It is absolutely disgraceful. Are. I. P for both of you two. But again - why can people die because of football? I am speechless really.
Well it wasnt just about soccer 99% of the soccer fights in Bosnia are between Bosnians, Serbians and Croatians over ethnic tensions, its a bit different than football firms, and the latest news is that it was 1 person not 2 as I said above, and that he was killed by the police

Here is a police video of what happened

Keep in mind their is some graphics violence

This is my own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the footytube group
The latest,

This was him before the incident,

This is what happened after, it is also all in the video above, clearly shows the cop with the gun out

This is my own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the footytube group
And the Cop who is suspected of doing the shooting Escaped from Jail last night hmmm......

Link: www.javno.com/en-world/video--oliver-knezovic-esca...

Suspect for the murder of Vedrana Puljic escaped from the hands of the judicial police thirty minutes after midnight.

SARAJEVO -- The suspect in the murder of football fan Vedran Puljić, Oliver Knezović, escaped from custody last night, say local police.

A police spokesman for the Western Herzegovina canton, Damir Čutura, said that police “are doing all they can to find the suspect.”

According to Sarajevo media, Knezović admitted to shooting Puljić and turned himself in to police yesterday.

However, police have not confirmed that the bullets fired from Knezović’s gun were the ones that killed Puljić. The autopsy did confirm that he was killed by a gun shot, not a rock, as was earlier reported.

According to B92’s unofficial sources, Knezović was once a member of the Croat defence forces.

He is not an active police officer, Čutura said.

The federal police have joined the investigation in Široki Brijeg.

Two days ago, hooligans clashed before a match between Široki Brijeg and Sarajevo, when 24-year-old Sarajevan Puljić was killed and more than 30 people injured.

Sarajevo fans claim that local police opened fire at them. .

Link: www.b92.net/eng/news/region-article.php?yyyy=2009&...

Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't tell me this stuff, this is sad...
Kovex (FK Sarajevo) 4 years ago
I am fk sarajevo fan and I was in siroki and vedran puljic wasn't a croat he was from sarajevo and sarajevo fans are catolic and muslim it doesn't matter.... We were attacked and they shot at as (6 my friend are in hospital because they were shot from cops and siroki fans)but we defend our self in every way that we could.... Once again vedran puljic wasn't a croat he was a sarajlija because he loved our town and our club.... There is lot of clips that they don't won't show to public what they doing to us from first moment that we walk out of bus(there were about 700 our fans) but nooone of them now can come in our town Sarajevo(capital city of bosnia and herzegovina)because they now that we are going to revange our brother vedran.... ALL COPS ARE bastards ! NO justice NO peace ! Are. I. P. Vedran Puljic

Kick4Life - changing lives through football