Forums / The Guardian - Footy News Discussion
Order: Newest / Oldest
What Should Michael Owen Do?
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
If Houllier offers him a first team position with Villa?

He is frustrated as revealed in this story by The Guardian ( ), but then SAF has said that Owen is going nowhere and that he has a future in Manchester United.

Owen though at 30, might think that he can't afford to wait. He had reasons to believe that SAF would start him against either Everton or the Rangers
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
I will try my luck at The Terrace
RuudBoy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He should stay. And teach chicharito how to become even more lethal
Numaan75 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree but also chicharito is learning on his own as well as help from rooney berbatov and fergie owen should stay but it would be better if we loan him out
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
He barely gets any playing time, he should move it would probably be the best for him
Barracuda (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He should join Villa, its the best for him. Maybe not this january, next season perhaps. Would be funny to see Owen win the league before gerrard and carra
RocknRolla (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yep, I guess he will have to go this summer, the guy's 30 and next year with danny coming back I don't think he'll get enough playing time
Bladecatcher (Manchester United) 3 years ago
When Owen joined he said he knew he wouldn't get much playing time but I think he's still a class player but I don't think Villa would be a good move. They already have Bent, Agbonlahor and.... Heskey. He wouldn't get played that much there either. I would like him to stay
Numaan75 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think Man UTD should loan him out so he can play more but not sell him as he can score vital goals for example in the Carling cup final last year he saved us and against Southampton he gave us a boost when he scored
JustGary (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Stay, compete.... Win!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
A Good striker like Owen should be playing on a regular basis. That`s for his own good as a footballer, even though he might be happy with being a sub at United (I dunno). With Roo, Berba and Chicharito ahead of him this season, he`d rather move to another club on a loan where he would play week-in week-out.

But I gotta' give him some credit, as everytime he gets a chance to play, he does a great job. My favorite example is his last minute Goal against City last season
Tommax2001 (Juventus) 1 year ago
Owen is a amazing striker. Stoke are not using the most of him. He deserves a transfer to one of the (top of the table) teams like Lazio or A. Madrid. Maybe a loan at least?
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Eventually he did the right thing

Kick4Life - changing lives through football