Forums / The Guardian - Footy News Discussion
Order: Newest / Oldest
Rafael Benítez Given A Temporary Reprieve At Liverpool But Loses Star Trio
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Stevie2010 4 years ago
Rafael Benítez
Rafael is probably the best person in control of Liverpool FC, I would deffinately not sack him, he is without doubt the best person at the moment to be in charge of Liverpool FC, there seems to be a lot of lack of money about within the bigger clubs within the Premiership just have a look at Manchester United they are up to their eyeball in debt, Leave Rafael where he is and he will and Livberpool will produce the goods.
Regards
Stevie2010
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I think liverpool are caught in a cul-de-sac here, the owners can agree on nothing due to their dislike of each other, they scuper any moves made by one or the other.
The money it would cost in compensation should they show rafa benitez the door, could buy you a good player.
And now to compound the situation, they have an injury crisis looming.
I can't see a top four finish for liverpool now, therefore no champions league place next year, i've just heard inter milan are linning up a deal for gerrard because they know liverpool are in finnancial difficulties, and they will almost certainly lose fernando torres and maybe one or two more players, if something is not sorted out and quickly.
I take no amusement from liverpools plight, who wants to see good players leave the premier league, certainly not me.
So lets hope someone can come along and oust the yanks at anfield, and old trafford, before it gets out of hand.
I don't want to see the greatest league in the world ending up second rate, with players moving out of england

Kick4Life - changing lives through football