Forums / The Guardian - Footy News Discussion
Order: Newest / Oldest
José Mourinho Says He Wants To Return To English Football
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He'll probably come to united after he's done at madrid, fergie will be leaving then
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yeah, that looks like a possibility. I do hope ol' red-nose stays for a while. He's pleasant entertainment and he brings much nicer football than Mourinho
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Jeroen, I know you like the dutch but quit smoking that stuff man, you're seeing things backwards
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hah, yeah, Fergie is a love 'em or hate 'em guy. And as much as I understand a kop like yourself hate him, I like that Scottish grumpy git
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Why do these attacking teams think that Mourinho will solve their problems?
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I want him to go to arsenal if Arsène Wenger does not win a cup  
Anhad (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I really admire Mourinho's credentials and achievements, but I just can't see him at United.... He doesn't fit our style. As much as I hate to admit, I think City is probably where he will go. Think about it.... If not United.... Then United's big rival. He is kinda obsessed with being SAF's successor but SAF's gonna' opt for someone from Britain. Mourinho's obsession is gonna' turn him crazy and soon he'll start hating United.... Lol yes I've been seeing a few movies!
GeorgeMiles6 (Woking) 3 years ago
It would be great to see Mourinho back in the Prem. Personally I think he would go to Man City, because he would have loads of money that he could spend and he could control all the egos at the club
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ya, I miss Mourinho alot! Hopefully he goes back to  Chelsea for like 5 or 6 years
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Liverpool    You heard it hear first
SexyAmyMUFC (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Actually, that's been being said for years here
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ouch Charlie lol
Jawn (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Yeah I can totally see the headline

"liverpool legend KING kenny steps DOWN after JUST A YEAR OR TWO AND turning liverpool around A complete 180º"

Riiiight right
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Of course he wants to come back to england, where the best league, and fans are, its no big surprise. I just hope its never man utd, his football is effective, but not in the tradition of any top english club, he's a negative hit and run merchant.... Lol
[account-removed] 3 years ago
The best league? Haha funny stuff mate. He wants to go to England because all the teams are about at the same level.... Everyone is mediocre Which means that he actually will have a chance at some trophies.

I hope he takes Ronaldo with him
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
He will never win anything in Spain as long as Barca are there, so his best option is to leave Madrid. All teams in EPL might be the same, but La liga is even worse.... There is Barca on level 20, Madrid on level 13, and the rest on level 2 hehe
QuentinMax (Manchester United) 3 years ago
The only place he come to and its the only the united, because as he mentioned, he said "I want to go back to Premier League but not to same place, this time will be different" so we know that he won't comeback to Chelsea because of Abramovich and he won't be going to Liverpool neither. Mourinho needs winners and when it comes to that point, we know that Man United is only team that live up to that sort of expectation. Its only united!
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Who can blame him though, I mean he nearly got stabbed last week.... That would never happen in England lol. And to where he might end up, I will stick my foot out and say Chelsea. If the talks of Carlo to Roma are really true, then I have no doubts he will be the first person Roman will offer the job. But he did say he won't return as long as Roman is in charge, so it "might" be tough to convince him. Apart from Chelsea, only other place he can end up is Man utd.... Don't see him taking over Arsenal or Liverpool or even Man city
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Cause people never get stabbed in England.... Lol
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Never happen in England? MU fans brought in weapons during Manchester Derby. I wouldn't say never ;p if he decides to join City.

The thing about Mourinho is he prefers a club with financial muscle, he is a great scout and a great manager as a whole. Do I want him in Liverpool, No. We have our beloved Kenny Dalgish, the manager with the special bond to the root of the club, he is the man, our man. Back to the the point, there are a certain way he go about selecting his clubs. He prefers clubs with financial muscle, that's one. He prefers clubs with a long record of trophy drought, where he can be THE MAN. Another is, Champions League football. This would shorten the lists of possible clubs, removing Blackburn.... And making a certain club looking like his prime destination, Manchester.

It is a little obvious the relationship that Mourinho has been trying to build with Fergusson, out of respect, fear, or business; no clue. There are very few managers who could survive going against Fergusson, it is like a social suicide in the EPL if you go against him (How many managers are basically his sidekicks? Ex-players, laundry boy, etc. And boy, they love attention). So it is only natural that he will join MU? Perhaps. The city of Manchester is famous for their financial muscle in the footballing world, however, as of late the shift has changed, Manchester City is now not only comparable with the former giant, they've surpassed the giant in term of wealth. Thirsty for glory, they too willing to do about anything to ensure a great party!

Pretty sure Dj Mourinho rocked Chelsea like a hurricane, City right now is very similar to Chelsea, don't you think? -ticks all the requirements- If he is going to moonwalk back to England, I think City is a place to be; unless he is afraid of getting stabbed.

Ps. This is just an opinion, my personal point of view, not a solid documentation or anything with sources to back it up
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Totally agree, Mourinho and city is a match that was meant to be. He will have the resources, the squad, and maybe he can bond with this owner. And he can stop this apparent disharmony in the locker-room
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Azeal, I think you hit the nail on the head, City or as an outside chance even Liverpool if the new owners keep giving funds, up till now theyvé stuck there hands in there pocket a few times
3 years ago
I think that Jose belongs at Chelsea and he loves the club and the supporters of the club. He would not be interested in coaching another side in English football because that would be odd, mainly for him. We have a saying that goes "once a blue, always a blue" and most of our ex-players are still supporters and lovers of the club (unless they were crackheads like Adrian Mutu lol).

Well, that is my opinion on Jose. Nevertheless, this is only speculation and it isn't a sure deal just as of yet. However, I believe that if Chelsea doesn't go anywhere this season then Jose will be back and replace Carlo in about 2 more seasons. I think the stabbing incident made him uneasy
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You are saying like "Once a blue, always a blue" is your original club's invention. Heard of "Once a gunner always a gunner"? Or "Once a Red, always a Red"? "Born a Red, die Red"? In order for him to come back, the Russian mafia must first welcome him to the club, looking at his reaction after the defeat by Inter, unlikely. However, it is true though, Chelsea looks like still operating on the system he built
Your not understanding "once a blue always a blue", it doesent mean they play for us for there whole career, we understand players leave and go, and back again, it just means a part of there body will always be chelsea
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Unfinished business in the EPL for Mourinho, who's aiming at winning the Champions League, which he couldn`t while at Chelsea. I was surprised when he got sacked early in the season, they didn't give him time (.... As always).
This was a failure to José, he can't wait to return to england and win trophees again.

Much More Special 1 TV episodes

JustGary (Manchester United) 3 years ago
As long as it is not at Manchester United or Tottenham Hotspur it is fine. But, I wouldn't want him to ruin the attacking traditions and attacking legacy of those two clubs, especially Manchester United
Jean0987654321 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
.... And its not gonna' be for Chelsea.

I do think he has a chance for Arsenal, but I think he might wanna stay at Real after this season because his system works best for Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuin, and Adebayor

Rhyolite11 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Lets hope he comes 2 Arsenal.... By the way beware of him. He is a eye-poker.... Lol
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Watch the video again, he grab the guy by the ear
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Rhyolite are you sure? Joses like the anti christ compared too Wenger ! There football philosophy's are total opposites ! That's winning at any price mate !
Atleast bro, we'll send some money on good talents out there...
Megoogie (Club América) 3 years ago
He is a loser and can't give real madrid the results that he wants
Lol.... Man that was rude.... Give him enough time. I guess he will prove you wrong
Sammy111 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Modern day legend.... Good football brain and brings entertainment every where love da guy.... Hope he don't go tonnthe manks
Manchester City is my bet, than Utd, then Us.... Hopefully we stuck on this portugese guy...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football