Forums / The Guardian - Footy News Discussion
Order: Newest / Oldest
Gary Speed
BoboRed (Leeds United) 2 years ago
Leeds legend, a true gent and super footballer.

RIP. We have lost a good one.

Thanks for the memories.

GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Truly shocked and saddened by the news, my thoughts go out to his family at this sad time!
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I already said my piece in the united forum on speedo    Rest IN peace
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I just posted this in the Premier League board:

----------------------
I'm starting to be completely puzzled by Gary Speed's suicide. After hearing the news, I automatically assumed he must've had issues in his personal life, troubles with the family, or a lack of close friends he could really trust - anything that would drive a man to do something that dramatic really.

But apparently he had it all: everyone loved him, respected him and important people even idolized him. He had a loving family, enjoyed the company of friends often, and his managerial career was going great recently. What on Earth could have been wrong? Despression is often a mystery, but usually it has a cause somewhere. I just don't see it.

For those who still care: see how much football legends Alan Shearer and Robby Savage respected him and were true friends:

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15929414.stm...

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15911120.stm...

All I can say is rest in peace Gary.

----------------------

And I just keep thinking this is bizarre. Perhaps there was a dark side of his few people knew of, or perhaps there were actually troubles between him and his family only they knew of?
Sam (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
The man was the consummate professional. Loved by players and coaches alike and respected around the world. RIP Gary Speed

Kick4Life - changing lives through football