Forums / The Guardian - Footy News Discussion
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ashley Cole Out For Season
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Not very good news for chelsea especially this time of the season when things start to get hectic.
It will definitely make a difference to chelseas title challenge, ashleys such a good left back that anyone would miss him.
I only hope he recovers in time for the world cup, but then again wheres he going to get playing time before the world cup, if he's fit by then.
It could make a bad situation worse with wayne bridge definetly being brought into the squad to be reunited with john terry, which will stir the media frenzy all over again, and probably effect team morale, as the english press are so good at that.
Hope he recovers soon
[account-removed] 4 years ago
How long is he out? Will he be on the WC squad?
Razza (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He might be back by the end of the season for Chelsea and play a few games but I don't think his form will get up to what it has been by the world cup
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
That's put an end to this thread, with ashley turning out for chelsea last week, and he played well for someone who hasnt played for a while.
I'm sure the england camp are rubbing there hands at the thought of ashley being back, and it would be a shame for a player of his calibre to miss out on the world cup, we want to see the best players compete in the wc, and ashley is up there

Kick4Life - changing lives through football