Forums / Switzerland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Switzerland V Germany, May 26
Enterd (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Green does not work
Baymuen (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Don't jinx the team because of colour! Its stupid!
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
5-3 to Switzerland.... Who would've thought

Really poor defence for Germany on this one

5 BVB players appeared on the field today
My thoughts about their performances:

Schmeltzer - quite a poor performance
Hummels - was nice but not great
Gundogan - unimpressive
Gotze - did a few things good but again I expected more
Reus - did a pretty good job!
Vitruvius (Toronto) 2 years ago
Schmeltzer - poor defensively, didn't really show in BVB because Grosskreutz helps a lot in defence
Hummels - not as good as the BVB version, but much better than the rest of the defence yesterday
Gundogan - unimpressive? He kept the ball well
Gotze - still getting back in form
Reus - haven't played a single BVB game yet
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Gundogan may have held the ball well but didn't see him initiate offensively....
Reus is now a BVB player although he hasn't played a game yet.... I can still remark of his performance
Agree with you about Gotze (though he seemed brighter in the last season game)

About Schmeltzer, are you saying he didn't show in BVB throughout the whole season? Have to disagree on that
Didn't Switzerland beat Spain in 2010 as well? I see where this is going
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
LOL how funny how everyone is making such a big deal out of this friendly. There were no Bayern players and the ones that were on the pitch played for the first and last time in this constellation.
4 players have to go from these 27 and I guess everyone was a bit nervous.
If all the Germany haters feel like celebrating, they should, like before the WC where we got beaten by Argentina (at home ground), before the last Euro where we drew against China.
Don't you worry world, we will win this tournament
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
.... Hope your right. Nice pic btw!
Germany was very sloppy. Havent seen them playing this bad. We have lost 2 in a row. Hope better performance against Israel next.

The 2nd goal-keeper and the center back position are problematic.
Dortmund players were playing with half hearts.
Enlarged (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Some tuning up required in the back and Germany will be back to its form,
UnderArmour (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Poor defence by Germany. Switzerland can sure shock some top teams
14Hesus (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I won't be surprised if Germany crashed out of the Euro's at the group stage. If they are to advance they will have to work hard outscore their opponents a great deal
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Lol. Not surprised? Your are surely a arrogant person. Just because our b-squad experiment went wrong doesn't make us a bad team. I won't be surprised if Spain gets knocked out by Ireland because they underestimate them...
Muesl1 (VfB Stuttgart) 2 years ago
Actually over the past 10 years it has become common practice that the german team performs horribly before tournaments. That's why in germany nobody is really upset about the result anyway. The whole match was totally experimental.
Löw wanted to test Ter Stegen who is most likely to be sent home now. Also he decided to let Mertesacker and Götze play who have both been injured for a long time. Not to mention the latter has pretty much never played as a center before.... Germany will perform splendidly at the Euros, no doubt about it
Friendlies cannot be used as a valid measurement for the real quality of the team. In a tournement
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Yes it's a hard group stage, we all know it! Best of luck to germany...
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Germany very poor
Crxxx (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Yeah, right, you believe that mat...
Pepperoninipz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Some shocking goalkeeping.... Good god
Germanfan (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I believe the awful green uniforms are to blame
We have to get rid of that jinx! The green colour is okay but just some players are so awful that they were not what they have played in their club matches!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm very excited for the Euro's coming up but this was pretty sad out come letting in 5 goals I know this wasn't our best line up at all but still 5 goals alot, good for Switzerland to get this win, they won't be in Euro's but I think Germany going to destroy in Euro's can't wait! Good amount goals for all fans there
Atrixer (Norwich City) 2 years ago
Germany's kit reminds me of Mexico
Gabecvsfn (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Every single one of the Group be teams lost or tied.... And Portugal's draw was against Macedonia! They need to pick it up
Maxfield (Bayern München) 2 years ago
It was a tale of experience vs inexperience. The actual German team that will compete will not have an inexperienced keeper and half the team will be different
Maxfield (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Klose, podolski, hummels, gotze, khedira, schurrle and metzelder will be going to euros
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Yes but gomez, badstubber, kroos, schweinteiger, lahm, muller and nauer are the players who will be starting, just look at the names I mentioned, they will add alot more to the team
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Reading those names are kind of scary.... Germany will be the hardest team in the euros
Lahm alone will make the team twice as good
Hummels, gotze, schurrle where are they going to?    Metzelder is not selected where will he be playing next?    Thx!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football