Forums / Switzerland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Switzerland V Germany, May 26
Koopa13 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Dumbasses English fans.... Yea Germany lost but its a friendly Low try ed some new things with the goalkeeper and the back 4 obviously dint work.... Yea but look through the history for the past 70 years Germany are always in the last four of every major tournament.... England well its England that's the joke!
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Swiss 5th goal was beautifully crafted. I was amazed.

Germany's #3 CB Schmelzer was the cuprit for conceding first two goals. He was terrible
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Schmelzer is LB
KrazyMallu (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not bothered to scroll through the comments, but from what I'm reading English fans are apparently getting excited about Germany losing. Well, here's a sensible one saying it's a friendly, it does not mean anything. I remember Germany lost some friendlies before wc2010 and what happened then? They got to the semis, also smashing us along the way. If England make it out of their group, then that should be considered a good start. Germany will make it out of their group but it will be tough for them as well
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Allow me to post as an actual Swiss person who doesn't see this as some kind of cue to start going on about Germany and England, of all unrelated teams.

I barely felt like watching at all because I know our national team. I expected them to lose clearly and boringly against ANY German side. This is the team that lost to Montenegro and drew 0-0 to Honduras and malta. Yesterday was the best performance I've ever seen under Hitzfeld, way better than the (defensively great but ultimately lucky) win against Spain at the 2010 World Cup. Barnetta, Derdiyok, Inler, I have never seen any of them close to that level in a Swiss shirt. We didn't even have our most talented player, Shaqiri.

But to score five against Germany, Germany has to help. Since it's a friendly I wouldn't panic as a German but I would be concerned. Most of these players were supposed to build a case for Löw to take them to the tournament. They weren't just enjoying the nice spring weather in Basel. Mertesacker looked tired, Hummels disappointed me after his awesome Dortmund season. So did Schmelzer. And Gündogan, Özil, Khedira, Götze and Klose. The attackers did comparatively ok though without being brilliant. Midfield was uninspired, defence was horrible. Ter Stegen doesn't seem to be up to it. In the words of the commentator, "was ist denn da loooos?!? "

We all know Germany. They'll be ok. IF they take this seriously. It was Switzerland, not Spain
[account-removed] 2 years ago
They never win with green since it was introduced again. I hope they will not wear green in any Euro game
FootyFan11 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Guys no need to get happy, its the Mighty Germany they always play bad during friendlies but they kick A** at the competition, I guarantee
They will reach final stages of Euros
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
Although it was a friendly, I would feel a bit concerned with Germany's defensive performance. However, I only watched the highlights, as I was following Portugal's. Trust me, Germany's problems seem little when compared to the 0 - 0 draw we conceded against Macedonia yesterday. Low is a great manager, and it's a good thing this happened now, so that he can manage more carefully his defensive players, probably some of them are a bit tired
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
It's funny though how in that already notorious Group be you're still the only team that didn't lose. Though the only team with a real excuse for yesterday's result is Denmark since they had an opponent they were not supposed to beat
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
@Ilikeairports: No offence, but look at the lineup and the reasons the teams played these friendlies in the first place. Netherlands and Germany were experimenting for sure, and thank goodness they did! Now we know what we need to work on and which players aren't the best alternatives.

Had this game been of any importance the results would have been VERY different. Unlike Spain Germany and the netherlands don't have 30 worldclass players, but enough to have a shot at the title!
Della (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well done Switzerland, I have enjoyed watching Derdiyokl, Fernandes, Barneta, and their Capitan number 8 the Napoli player they are all good players
Lupfer (FC Augsburg) 2 years ago
Well.... I think this came pretty much in the right moment. It seems as our guys and the fans are a bit overconfident at the moment. The english style of tournament preparations in this euros, if you want ^^
Well done switzerland. Simply the better side in this match
.... Honestly I don't think it came at the right moment because now our second squad is not confident anymore. Hope we crush Israel (I know this sound ridiculous) to get back on track
RouslanH (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Nice result, but I'm pretty sure Germany will play way better in the euro. I also noticed that there are a few Swiss players that have a turkish background. Anyways, the swiss team is pretty good, especially their midfield!
Jlsox4 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Both goalkeepers were bloody awful!
Octopuss (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I think Benaglio (swiss) did well in 1st half, he's unlucky during the 2nd which I feel he probably got disrupted by the sun's flare.

But the German's keeper's is awful, maybe the lack of experience? :-\
Greyphantom (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
He's 20 years old. But an astonishing talen
Bayern13 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
And the fun of dealing with the english starts. It's okay to be jealous of Germany. If I was english I would too I guess, knowing my team is a mediocre and can't make it to a top four finish if their lives depended on it. Funny how the english seem to worry more about germany than we do. What sucks is that we can't meet england in the first round of playoffs. Would have liked to send them out if they managed to qualify from their group
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
This is some awesome performance by switerland but germany I hope they can play better in the euros
.... No worries there. Just look at the lineup yesterday and you know its gonna' get better
Lkerun (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm so proud on our national team, even thought it was just a friendly!
Renzrizmo (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Its just for warm up.... The real one is coming.... They will show the true of Germany...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football