Forums / Switzerland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Switzerland V Germany, May 26
Amicodinessuno (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Should have been 7-1. 2 benaglio presents to the germans. The swiss are young and wild. We will be upsetting more big teams in the future and that not just in friendlies. By the way.... Xhaka shits on reus and dortmund should have bought him instead.

Hopp schwiiz
DangerDustin (1. Köln) 2 years ago
Wow. So much ignorance man. Your display yesterday was awesome (the free kick!) and the win was well deserved but you certainly have no idea about Reus. He's an offensive midfielder with 36 scorer points in 40 games last season while xhaka is central midfielder with 5 scorer points and 500 minutes less played than Reus. I do not doubt that xhaka has talent. You just can not compare them
Amicodinessuno (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Alter.... Nur ruhig bleiben. Musst' nicht alles so seriös nehmen. Komm' schon, wir haben euch seit 5000 jahren wieder einmal in den arsch getreten und is ja klar dass der reus ein top spieler ist.... Aber alter
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
LOL, I like the comment. I understand the swiss excitement after finally winning.... Although against a weakened team and switzerland playing with their best 11 all game.... (sorry, but needs to be mentioned)

Congrats anyways, hope you manage some more wins like this one in the future! (with the exception of Germany for the next 50 yrs or more....)

Btw: reus> (xhaka x 1000)
Djs821 (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
What a reminder of how important chemistry in a team is.... Just like Spain game, quality individuals that didn't do so well collectively
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Great game
Bayern13 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Glad to see coach Hitzfield again. He has done a fantastic job with the swiss youth. Miss him at Bayern tremendously.
I hope Jogi got answers today. Reus should be a starter. Gotze is not ready physically so should be sent home. Gundokan definitely not ready for the national team. The BVB players clearly lack international football discipline and Hummels is horrible at positioning. Clearly the philosophy of the BVB will bring the side down. I can't believe Hummels made the same mistake 4 times. If you are a CB, you can only afford one mistake, not 4, leaving your keeper exposed like that. Feel sorry for Ter Stegen as he probably just wrote himself off the Euro though. Apart from that I was hoping to see more of Draxler and the Bender twins but not enough time on the pitch
Weegeez (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I hope nobody takes this match seriously, yes germany were wrecked, but guess what its a friendly, they mean nothing, germany barely win their friendlies anyway, and lets not forget, aside from ozil, khedira and klose, their starting lineup didn't play
Areacodeboy7 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Butt hurt germany fan. Can't admit this was a poor display
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hummels, mertesacker, poldolski also played
Hansjoachim (Everton) 2 years ago
Hummels & mertesacker aren't starting lineup
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Hummels is starting lineup (I hope). The main problems were Schmelzer an the left, Götze (after a long injury) on the 6 position and Mertesacker after long injury. They defiately can't start in the EM (although Götze is a great alternative for starting when he's in better shape in 2 weeks)

@Areacodeboy7: Being a Germany fan I admit it was a bad performance, but considering the given circumstances there isn't too much reason for other nations to get excited
Areacodeboy7 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Didn't expect to see this scoreline though  
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Germany sure missed neuer in this game
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I mean there is a reason why this group is labeled the group of death!  
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Unfortunately, germany suffered an important injury today.

Low won't be able to scream at euro because he lost his voice today. Lol

But seriously I think Low's biggest concern is his forwards. Both klose and gomez don't seem reliable. I think Germany will have a hard time qualifying.

They have failed to qualify from group stage twice recently. Something they hadn't done in world cup, ever
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Klose not reliable? Are you on drugs or did you miss the last 5 major tournament?
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
I didn't catch the last 5 tournaments

Steve, you can't argue with someone without insulting them. I have a question for you: why?!

And please for once, forget about jumping on someone and enjoy the joke. Low having jaw injury? That's funny! Laugh at that !

My reasons for what I said is that did you watch the game? And do you know he's been injured most of the second half of this season?

Klose is my legend but doesn't seem fit. Although, he's a tournament player, at the moment he's a concern.

It's stupid to think he's going to be the Klose from 2008 or 2010 simply because he's the same man.
Emazin (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Derdiyok(3 goals), Schrulle(Germany, 1 goal) and Barnetta(2 assists) all from Bayer Leverkusen. Watch them in the Bundesliga next year
Danielx7 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Derdiyok has already for Hoffenheim, Barnetta's contract with leverkusen ends in like a month and it doesn't look likley he will renew. We'll only get to see them play togeher with Switzerland
Applejuice (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lets put it this way, germany without neur= cyprus with some offense
Sgbianconero (Juventus) 2 years ago
I'm so proud of Stephan Lichtsteiner! And also kudos to the other Serie A Swiss- Inler and von Bergen!
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I would extend the kudos to the Swiss players that are not in Serie A. The Bundesliga scored as many goalks for Switzerland as it did for Germany
DONK2DONK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol that germany goaly sure did suckk eggs
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Tbh it was the defence that was more at fault. The goals that the swiss scored were near unstoppable. The Goals the germans scored should have all been saved. The swiss keeper was poor imo
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Benaglio was poor on the third goal. But Ter Stegen is in no man's land on both headers, especially the one from Lichtsteiner (4-2). If he stays on his line there, probably nothing's gonna' happen; if he dashes out, he has to get to the ball, period
Octopuss (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The German's keeper should've done better, I think the goals during the 2nd half Benaglio conceded is unlucky due to the sun's flare and then the slight deflections...
Bayern13 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Glad to see the english fans are out in numbers writing against Germany.
Go nuts fellas.... We will speak in 2 weeks time. Until then write what you please. We only hope you by some miracle make it to the semis where we can meet, so you all get a chance to cry again. This time it won't be 4-1.... It will be 4-0
Garzu (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Good thing Switzerland won, otherwise their goallie would have gone through a lot of trouble

Kick4Life - changing lives through football