Forums / Switzerland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Switzerland V England, Sep 7
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Another good game from england. Lets hope they keep it up.

2 goals from two games for adam johnson. Let's hope he keeps it up as well. A great run from him and a great ball from gerrard. Really great for him. Also glad to see rooney back on the scoresheet and bent finally on it as well.

Switzerlands goal was decent but in all honesty, hart seemed to have just fallen asleep on it. Should have stopped it
InFearor (Groningen) 4 years ago
It's a great goal, that's not Hart's fault.  Good to see Darren Bent in the English squad!
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Plus Opening His Account...
Natiz (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Definitely gutted after Lichtsteiner was sent off, knew from then on the best we could hope for was a draw.

England played really well in general, Adam Johnson really is a talent.... Defoe should have also gotten a few goals with the amount of chances he had.

Switzerland at times played some nice football, although it really gets to me when they decide to turn off I. E. Sloppy passes, poor marking etc. They really need to work on improving their play in the final third of the pitch as well. Shaqiri's goal was an absolute beauty, no one can blame Hart for not saving that.

Not the best start to the qualifying campaign, but I do hope Switzerland are able to claim 2nd place, only time will tell, plenty of matches to go!
KeNnii (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Adam Johnson = Englands Robben , Hart seemed a bit shaky but did well still.... First goal for rooney! Yah! Hope Defoe is okay
Trepca (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Shaqiri!  Albanian FOR LIFE!  Damn Switzerland got their ass kicked
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Great Victory By England.... Hehe Barry Looks Awful In Lampard's Number Kit.... What A Strike That Was By Shaqiri.... Now Capello Is Talking Some Business.... Sad About Walcott And Defoe.... For Arsenal Fans.... Its A Huge Shock While Van Persie Is Injured As Well.... Hope Chamakh Can Show Some Great Football In Their Absence.... I Wish Capello Gave Bobby Zamora A Try As Well.... Congrats England...
KeNnii (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Zamoras injured
Lbcguy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Adam johnson > theo walcott. Theo should be more of a 70th min sub. His pace late in matches could prove to be his best asset. Also, England fans seemed to be be quick to praise Hart, however I am still skeptical (he had butter fingers today, and was almost caught in possession 2 or 3 times). England deserved the game but Goal of the game was Shaqiri's, what a cracker!
Not sure you can blame hime for dropping a few crosses. That was some brutal weather. However as far as I'm concerned, he should have stopped shaqiri's shot. If you watch the replays, he not only reacted pretty late, but never even extended his arm completely. It was a good shot, but it was close to him and he really should have got it had he put a bit of effort into making the stop
Maccorm (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Are you actually serious? He should have stopped Shaqiri's shot?

That shot was an absolute rocket! Speaking as a goalkepper, (in my opinion) that was a brilliant goal that Hart had very little chance of saving.

If you have ever stepped into a goal and faced a shot with that kind pace and that kind of movement, you would rethink your comment. When shots move like that, at that speed, it is very difficult to stop.

I'm not sure why people are knocking Hart. He was by far the best GK in the Premiership last season and has been so far this season. For all those who say he is not proven as an England number one.... Then who has proven themselves? Hart is England's #1 and should have been in the World Cup
Lbcguy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I guess your right, at the moment Hart appears to be the best choice for england, but he is unproven and I think if he played for any other major football country he'd be a #2 or #3 keeper. I guess I'm just surprised that a country with so many great footballers seems to be in 'dead era' for goal keepers
Amuminho (Liverpool) 4 years ago
"Also, England fans seemed to be be quick to praise Hart, however I am still skeptical (he had butter fingers today, and was almost caught in possession 2 or 3 times). "

@ Lbcguy, Did you see the weather today?!?! Any goalkeeper would of struggled, even our pepe!
[account-removed] 4 years ago
The England Goalkeeper (the one that you're all raving about here) could have done better. I don't rate him at all! He put in a few good performances of late and suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread. Flavour of the month competetion. Football fans are so fickle. What about Shay Given sat on the bench at Eastlands, wasn't he once considered one of the best keeps in the prem?! I'm starting to think that one in ever 4 of you is a dumb f**k!
Kean0 (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
You are quite clearly, an idiot
I'm smarter than you! I can deduct that just by reading your comment. The picture of Keane and your profile name also strengthen my theory. Like I was saying.... 1 out of ever 4
Kean0 (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Yes very smart, judging people by their display pics. Hats off to you genuis
Rooney5 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Jogador80, are you the guy on your pic?
Adamvdvsreds (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hart has been playing well since last season, why would a young keeper like him be considered over more experienced players? And as a young keeper he is going to make little mistakes. Needless to say he's going to be a great shot stopper as he gains maturity and experience. Unlucky that he is on man city team!
Come on guys lets keep things calm here. No need for the name calling or rude comments.

Now about hart, I honestly believe he is one of the best young keepers around. I've been watching him since he took the starting role at eastlands a few seasons ago and has impressed me thoroughly. I never thought city should have bought given. Waste of money if you ask me. And he proved me right during his tenure at birmingham. If anything they have a stronger outfield squad this year yet they don't look half as strong defensively since he left. Don't get me wrong given is one of the worlds best keepers, but I just don't think city needed him with hart already under contract
Treeface (Karlsruher SC) 4 years ago
Jogador, I don't understand what you're trying to communicate. Joe Hart is an inadequate keeper for England because he hasn't proven himself by your standards, but Shay Given, an Irishman, is?
Joe hart is the best.... He should've started in the world cup for England, nuff said
Cascabel (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Joe Hart is a very good young keeper. The end
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
Jogador is only 12. Be nice to him
Eezzee (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I agree I think shay given should have been dealt before the transfer window shut.

Mancity arent going to make champions league but they will make money in jerseys sold
In response to Rooney5. No! The image is that very funny referee. Search youtube for gay referee and you might see it. It's very funny. Totally OTT! Getting back to the subject about this hype about Joe Hart. I withdraw my earlier comment, I was perhaps a bit too harsh! Sure he's a great young keeper and I'd have him over Green anyday, but I still think that he's not a fantastic as he's made out to be. He's young and fearless and has a good mentality, but I can think of 20 other keepers that do what he does week in week out and they don't get hyped-up so much. Just saying s'all
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Hart, Barry, Milner, Johnson, SWP, Lescott. 6 City players played in this game. Now I wonder if City have risen the new England generation? Forget sticking Gerrard-Lampard thing in the midfield and put more City players = WIN
Lol man city bought those play ers
Vika09 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
HAHA. Are you kidding? City bought all but one of those players. Hell, even Joe Hart was from Shrewsbury, so yeah....

Not many English clubs can claim they produced World club talent. It's mostly the lower leagues because the 90's and early 00's were filled with buyers than producers, it's only recently focus has shifted to youth development.
Altocirrus,    Instead of changing "Gerrard-Lampard thing" probably City should buy them too and be done with it. Haha.
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
English are really on top form !
I thought so too, but then I changed the channel to watch Spain v Argentina too see how football should be played. Ha ha! England are an ordinary team, don't get carried away
Jogador, meh, winning cups it is not the same with playing beautiful football.

The only thing I remember from Spain in the last World Cup are 1-0 victories a few minutes before the end of the game.

Spectacle came from other teams. If that is "how football should be played", then excuse me for taking a pass to watch the "ordinary teams" play
Filiboy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Jogador80, Mate your comments don't make sense! Spain got hammered by Argentina.... That also got hammered by Germany, in the World cup. Now Germany beat us 4-1 and then they went on to beat Argentina 4-0. Oh wait a minute didn't we at least scored against Germany and not Argy bargy?! Duh I think so! Oh and plus!.... Wait for it.... Spain got beat by Swiss obviously the only lost in the World Cup! Oh hahahaha shall I continue this is too funny! Ok I will then.... Spain can't seem to score a goal until the very last minute or in one case in extra time!.... Soooo my analyst on your comment is.... If you think that is how football should be played.... Mate I'm glad we don't play it that's for sure!
P. S. Out of 15 meetings with Argentina, England 6 wins, Argentina 3 wins, 5 draws & 1 abandoned
Listen! Spain play great football, it's so pleasing to watch. They scored a sublime goal albeit a consolation, but if you watched the match you'd have seen that they hit the frame of the goal 4 or five times and they passed the ball like England could never do. Spain have a good footballing ethos and they play a much more tactical, intelligent and skillful game to what you'd ever see England doing. Argentina didn't play them off the park, they just took their chances well. Spain gave a good accountof themselves and if I were a Spainish person watching this I wouldn't be at all disapointed as Spain played beautiful football. It was a friendly and it was just one of those things, they were beaten, but it doesn't matter in the least. The match was much easier on the eye than watching England runnin around like headless chickens and playing a lot of wasteful passes
Whatever about scoring one goal in the dying minutes of the match. The Spainish way seems to be only shoot if the shot is on, otherwise you're just surrendering possesion to the oppostion. I think in the Champions league semi final second leg between and English club and a Spanish club (Chelsea v Barca) Iniesta scored the decisive goal minutes from full time. It happened to be the only shot that Barca had on target, but they worked hard as a team to create that opening and they kept their cool under great pressure and played their usual way and won the game. That's the difference in mentality between English football and Spanish football
One final thought. As an irish person obviously most of the players we produce here apply their trade in the premier league. I hope that this league can develop and starting playing the brand of football that the likes of Barcelona play so that our players National teams can do better in competetions. The current Irish squad is made up of a lot of Championship players and most of our premier league players these days are sat on the bench ie. Keane and Given. We always struggle to get results, but we play with a lot of pride. The English team however is basically the best English players from the Premier League, but they really don't play a very attractive style of football. It's not agood situation. And I want to see these Island nations playing good football. As Ireland didn't make it to the WC I was routing for England, but I've lost hope in the type of players that are being produced here and the overall footballing ethos. OK! That's enough ranting out of me!
Ossie (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Good one England. Keep it going, glad to see them on better form now
Alexw14 (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Great performance. I just hope Defoe will be ok
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I think this was an easier game for england than it looked.
Its a pity young walcott got injured, he looked as if he was going to enjoy himself tonight, but johnson done very well when he came on.
Great to see wayne scoring, but I thought he looked a little subdued at times.
You can do no better than win your first two games
Codino (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Johnson. This kid is a star
KingMarvinho (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Too right
Thias (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Very nice game

Kick4Life - changing lives through football