Forums / Switzerland
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Switzerland, Jun 4
Kevinmw1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Young was the man of the match for me,

England is a weird team, they have so much talent but then get results like this. They should have won by either having better discipline in the wall or by scoring another goal on a couple of opportunities. Poor they can do better
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
It's not individual talent, it's how well they perform as a team

Funny enough, most of their players are in the premiership; I still don't get why it's had for them to deliver since the style of soccer in PL is similar amongst teams
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Individually the players are really talented, they are just not gelling as a team yet!
Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Game ends with both teams happy. England must improve, Switzerland could have easily won this game
Stocksking (Birmingham City) 3 years ago
Another barca fan who thinks he knows everything.... You think england fans are happy because switzerland could've easily won? No, actually most england fans are kinda sad because bent and downing missed an open goal, and bent then again missed a 1 on 1. Sure england were miles off their game but in my opinion switzerland should feel pretty lucky that their goals went in, and even more that england huge chances didn't
Amicodinessuno (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Another birmingham fan that.... Just shut up you whining english fart.
You can be happy not to have gone under altogether in the first half and also that you played this swiss team now and not next year because we would have f****d you up.
Hopp schwiiz
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Actually if you don't think Switzerland are lucky then you are just stupid. I know it doesn't mean much to have more chances that you don't finish, but Switzerland really were lucky that England missed some chances. Even if one of those three chances that Stocksking said went in, then England would've won. England also far outperformed Switzerland in the second half and deserved a win
Stocksking (Birmingham City) 3 years ago
Amicodinessuno, we beat you 3-1 in the first leg, and you only DREW with us because we had a VERY unlucky DAY. Switzerland needed 5 lucky moments in this game to just draw, if just one of those lucky moments hadnt occured you'd have lost, so actually i'd look forward to player switzerland again next year if the chance came oh. Oh
Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 3 years ago
All of you England sucks. Get over it, you were luck not to lose this one at your own homeground
Yes superspurs, I am just stupid you are right you english superior being. But hey I am rather stupid than blind you twat. And yes the swiss were lucky that you tired boys missed an empty goal once and the swiss put the only 'two' shots on goal away. And these free kicks were our only chances throughout the whole game. Aaaaah, just leave me alone you english crybabies, hahahahaha
01hyrussk (Arsenal) 3 years ago
James milner running from the wall was criminal.... Its there for a reason!
I think wilshere was great today,
And the camera angle during lampard's penalty was pretty cool lol.... I hope they have that more in the future
Rob74 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Spider cams are cool!
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ya the spider cam tech is catching up nicely....  Excellent angles, its pretty awesome!
4X3X3 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Milner owes England
[account-removed] 3 years ago
England or Spain? Doesn't matter we take them all!
Rob74 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I'm sad because I couldn't watch the game! Beautyful goal by young. And this english-goalie-thing is funny. From a german point of view ;D though the wall witch wasn't one was the main reason for the second goal. And the guts and skill of barnetta of course
Armsred (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You can't blame hart for either...
Hart was actually excellent. I doubt Neuer or Adler would've even got their legs onto the second one
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Whats the point of having a wall when its gonna' split apart and go away from the ball? Cost them the goal, its not harts fault, near post should be guarded by the wall. Great goal by ashley young though, and baines had a great game 2. Bent should have scored on rebound after young's shot was saved
Armsred (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kinda like gerrards goal in old trafford
Dshar (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Wilshere is the future of english football
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Without doubt
Ninian (Chelsea) 3 years ago
And mceachron
And Jack Rodwell + Connor Wickham + Huddlestone + Lennon all of whom are fairly young
Yeah until somebody pays him 350 000 a week and there he goes like most of the other biatches
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
The swiss played good in the first have, I'm not takin anything away from barnneta but I think he was lucky scoring those goals, willsere was great today so a. Young and milner had some good moments. Bent shouldve scored at least once and dujouro"i don't know his name spelling" was awful
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I agree. Hart could've saved the first one at least (he just reacted far too late) and the second one just came off Hart's leg and in, which was horribly unlucky for him.

Ashley Young's goal was the best goal of the game, great shot. And what was with Bent missing a sitter?
Tentacles89 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Hart couldn't have saved the first one, any blame on hart is ridiculous, because that free kick was inch perfect, he can't commit to it in case someone gets a touch on it, so he's stuck in no man land and it looked like rio was gonna' deal with it, he doesn't and by the time its obvious that rio has missed it, its too late.
Goalkeeperfreak (Arsenal) 3 years ago
It's very hard for any keeper to save some random unexpected stuff like that. You usually expect a defender to clear. Hart's weight went to his right and then Rio doesn't get a touch and its even if you react to it, your body needs to adjust. The second one, near post, very well struck and that non existent wall didn't do anything. But I feel he could have used his hands if he really wanted to
Tentacles89 is absolutely right. The Swiss striker made a great run just across the face of goal to put Hart off and as Tentacles said, as a keeper, there's really not much you can do. You don't know if someone's going to get a touch on it so you are really stuck between two bad spots and there's not enough time to deal with it. That wasn't a strong free kick but it was a dangerous one and it was well hit. Joe Hart didn't really have a chance with that, I've seen more experienced goalkeepers let those kinds of free kicks in
Also, the second one didn't come off his leg and go in. It was going in anyways into the near corner. Hart did well to even get his leg to it but he was just a little bit late. However, I wouldn't have expected him to save it anyways. The wall didn't do its job and it was a well-struck free kick
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I agree Hart is not to blame but at the end everyone looks at the keeper like hey what happened!
England.... Good ol england...
Aacm51 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
England, England, England.... Oh dear! Such a waste of talent
Zkz424 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lol I cudn't agree more
Goalkeeperfreak (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I would have personally bet my house that Darren Bent would score that 1 second before he shot. What a great cushion down from Baines on his chest for the Young goal though
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Barnetta is an absolute gun for the Swiss, and their fans were far more vibrant than the English who made up the majority of the stadium. Well played by the Swiss, credit must be handed when deserved.

As for the poms, pffff. I'm still wondering whether a defence even existed in that team. Hart wasn't tested, he was given a full f*cking examination. Young was excellent though, but still Capello might still be ignorant and idiotic enough to leave him out of the team when the tournament arrives (provided England qualify this time)
Audentio (Liverpool) 3 years ago
England got lucky
I wonder what darren bent and rio ferdinand told ashley young during their celebration hahahah

Kick4Life - changing lives through football