Forums / Sunderland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V Sunderland, Dec 18
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Wow none of the videos are working >
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Check using a different browser, like firefox
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I always thought Pavlyuchenko was amazing. He should come to Arsenal, he would fit better there
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Haha, just because he scored a goal? He was useless for most of the game, VDV and Modric did all the work and he takes the credit. He only came on as a sub for Lennon. I think Kranjcar would've done better and I KNOW that Defoe would've done better if he was fit. Pav is really not that good a striker, he would do well in the Championship or abroad. No way is he at the level of quality needed to be a striker for a top 6 team
Kats69 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Defoe is average my friend. If redknapp actually knew how to otate a winning team he's have all his players in touch and would be more consistent throughout the year. The spurs squad is where it should be on the ladder, he failed last year becuase he persisted with the chocolate fire guard, crouch and defoe and pav still ended up with more goals. A rusty spurs squad is to blame for losing to an average team like paok. How many times do you see VDV slap his hands on his thighs in anger everytime defoe touches the ball? He has no idea what he's doing and his knocking on 30 yo. Pav can shoot with both and play witht he mid field. Dos santos should also be given a run in tandem with lennon - he is now out and the other guy has not started once (ex starting and bench for barca) watched him play for barca live mate, how he cannot play at spurs with modric and co is beyond logic. Harry even tried to get rid of bale as one of his first moves. Enough said there
"defoe is average my friend. "

Invalidates the rest of your comment, so I didn't read.

Have you been watching him play this season or are you just judging him based on 2010-2011 when he was injury-plagued? He's as good as, if not better than Adebayor. Tell me the last time you saw Adebayor score one from outside the box, Defoe is the leader in goals scored from outside the box in the EPL this season. Adebayor is offside about 6 times on average per game, Defoe maybe 1. In terms of positioning, pace, Defoe is superior and he can match Ade in strength on the ball.

I really doubt your knowledge of our team if you seriously believe Pav is better than Defoe. Hilarious, mate
COMEONYOUSPURS (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Completely agree @SuperSpurs - Defoe is brilliant when he plays, his power (especially with his small legs) is unbelievable. He is strong on the ball and makes many defenders lapse concentration and gets in the gaps that Adebayor simply cannot!
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 3 years ago
No hell no he would not fit in at arsenal.  He would be worse than arsha has turned out.  Waster.
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 3 years ago
Pavlyuchenko proving his critics wrong. Hope this guy establshes himself under Harry. It will be a waste watching him go to some other team and become a star. Anyway well played Spurs. Colback looked good for Sunderland though
I don't get why everyone is saying Pavlyuchenko is proving his critics wrong. He has done nothing today except score a goal which any decent EPL striker should score after creating nothing and waiting around for VDV to slide him a brilliant pass. He's not going to make it in the EPL for sure. He just hasn't got the quality. Don't like his attitude either, he's just too laid-back, doesn't work hard enough
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Pavlyuchenko is average
Kats69 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
You have obviously never played the game before
LOL! Pavlyuchenko is very mediocre, all you need to know is that his value now is about half what it was when we bought him, even when it's the Russian clubs trying to bring him home! Pav scores one goal and people think he's alright? He was pretty poor for the rest of the game and has been s**t for the past two seasons. He is far from the quality we need and far inferior to Defoe. One goal (that was created by Modric and VDV and not Pav) is not enough to make up for all the mistakes that he's made. There's a reason he's called "Row Z"
Average at best.  And i've been playing for 17 yrs.  
I think that we're forgetting that Ade, who got 8/9 offsides against sunderland, still gets a starting spot. That's ridiculous, he should be made to work for a starting spot. Defoe runs relentlessly and still doesn't start, makes you wonder how on earth Redknapp can still start him.

Ade should have scored about 3 yesterday! Modric is and was brilliant, we can't let his miss reflect on his work ethic and general technique that he brings to the club
Modric is definitely your best player. He's brilliant.  Defoe needs more love from harry I recon.
Parkerm35 (Sunderland) 3 years ago
footytube sucks
Alright, simple enough question.

For everyone who thinks that Pav is being wasted at Tottenham and that he is, despite comprehensive evidence to the contrary over his Premier League career, great, give me one good team that would employ him as their main striker?
If you remove the word 'good' it would be much easier :/
Well that's the point
Chargui (Arsenal) 3 years ago
If he wants to be a starter in a champions league team, he should go to France, OM, Lyon, Lille, PSG....

Edit: I still don't know about the word "good" either though
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
SuperSpurs,
You are gonna' wear yourself out beating down all the newly discovered Pav worshipers. LOL.

Grinded this result out today. True test Thursday. COYS
Have to at least try to eradicate any misconceptions about Pav's ability!    And ya, Thursday is going to be tough
Kodyx (Juventus) 3 years ago
Well well.... Credits to vdv on pav's goal
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Bendtner is a joke. Pavy is a wasted talent at Spurs
Gazetron (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Er, what?
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Altocirrus, people wouldn'nt no what the hell your talking about.... Pavlychenko is not a wasted talent at spurs so why do you think that redknapp bought him to play, train and get paid? Mate get some sense in your head =S
Aviko1120 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
@Alocirrus    Lol nothing screams wasted talent like benching Tevez who scored something like 20 goals for you last year
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
^^^^^ pwned Alocirrus
Yavihah (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
^^^^^^ felt that in the ass.... Pwned!
Pwned son!
Good work Tottenham Pav.... Still unsure about you, even though last season, when you played you scored.... Still confused.... You're an impact striker I think!

Wingson (Ipswich Town) 3 years ago
He was the one who scored and that's what wins matches. There's been so many strikers not doing much in 90 minutes but they stil score vital goals
Spartan (West Ham United) 3 years ago
Gimme better highlights not Romanian Youhoo guy
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Bit lucky this ame, but well grinded out result, one of them we surely would have lost a feww season bk!
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 3 years ago
Tottenham is not playing realy good at the moment but they win and I'm glad. Tottenham champion !
Losing both our wingers (who also happen to be our fastest players) and Defoe definitely hurt us. We could've done much more damage to Sunderland with a full squad
Partoba (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Sublime finish by Pavlyuchenko! Nice shoot!
San43 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Good performance from spurs and got 3 decent points...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football