Forums / Sunderland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sunderland V Chelsea, Sep 10
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Chelsea! I think we played pretty great, we had a bit of a different line up, with Mata, Raul Meireles, Sturridge, and whatever, and Torres not starting, but I liked the game, and think we played pretty good, and controlled most of game, I was happy with result, Sunderland got a late goal which made it interesting but really shouldn't have happened
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Meireles assists
Masam12 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Daniel sturridge is the future of chelseas strikers!
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Thumbs up if you think terry can take over torres in his role as a striker!
LOL
NAOTA (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What is this youtube?
Even david luiz can replace torres! Lol
Greeco (Chelsea) 3 years ago
STURRIDGE!
The main guy.... Lol
McEachran (Chelsea) 3 years ago
If anything, Lukaku deserved a start. Anelka wasn't much better than Torres. Why doesn't AVB play him and Mata at the same time? Maybe he rested him for Bayer, idk. Anyways that finish from Sturridge was baller!
SeanPaul (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yes. I guess mata was subbed to keep him fresh in the leverkusen game. He started anelka because he trained with chelsea during the international break (thanks to domenech hehe =P). Depends on torres performance in UCL, AVB will decide whether to start him or anelka against man utd
Kraybon (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Lukaku isn't eligible for champions league
Churro36 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Two reasons why sturridge should start:  1) he's much more consistent than any other chelsea striker  2) he's on my fantasy team
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I agree. And he's eager to impress, so unlike most others he will give his all in just about every game. Lol @ the fantasy part
Torres should learn frmo sturridge
Gnelkia (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ya.... Sturridge is another England potential young striker.... Good play....  
RockofGbrlter (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Guys, he's a winger for us so chill, he will start
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
That's terrible about Gyan. Love watching him play
LivingBLUE (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Great game, the manchester teams goal difference is getting out of control, but we did play great, I'm so happy for sturridge
They are scoring at will and really seem to enjoy their football
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Great game from Chelsea. Kinda surprising start but seems to work pretty well...
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Good win chelsea, too bad for the late goal conceded, would've been nice to keep a clean sheet
DidierDdragon (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Kinda noticed that torres has already triggered the wrath of the chelsea players with that comment he made. They didn't pass the balls to him and at the last minute I guess he got fed up and deliberately threw away that pass during the last counter attack
Limme (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah I mean what the hell was his comment about? If there is any problem in the squad, it's HIM?! Yeah I'm almost sure he threw the last one away on purpose. Freak
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 3 years ago
He said what every Chelsea fan, me included knows. The build up is slow and we lack ideas in the final third. I fully expect this to change with some of the signings we've made but Torres is right. The press either twists the words of the manager or player to make them look bad, not going to change my support of the blues or Torres. Blues Forever!

I'm not supporting torres or what, but what he said is somehow true. The press twisted his words to make them look bad.

Compare to last season, the match against sunderland was a much quicker match in terms of their passing
Limme (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yes it is partly true, but now with Mata and Meireles that problem will be gone pretty soon, and then all that remains is that he is an error in our squad. I just don't think he should be complaining about antything, like that would be an excuse why he doesn't score? He doesn't even score when he get chances
I doubt the squad is full of big babies
DidierDdragon (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Good game sturridge though. Keep it up!
Letsbehonest (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Can anyone out there please tell me why AVB hasn't started Josh YET!?
Alaweee (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I wanna see mcchrean too but today the midfield boys played really good even lamps for the first time in a long time
Ali20 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Am I the only one that knows what torres prob is >? Lol.... He hasnt had the excess injuries like livrpool so he can't score.... He needs breaks and scores rapidly in between them.... Lol....

I bet torres if he start the next game bcuz of this break he will score a goal or 2.... Dwl
Skhere (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Torres has no problem. The problem lies with Malouda, he doesn't think of ways to play Torres. If torres were to play alongside mata and drogba, I can see goals coming in for him
Mata is the key to unlock torres's goals. Give them 2 games you will see torres on the score sheet. No doubt malouda is a magnificient player, you can see from the first time shot he had. That was his second touch of the game. BUT he doesn't pass, that's his problem
Meireles' pass to Sturridge for the second goal deserves a mention

Kick4Life - changing lives through football