Stoke have one of the best fan bases.... No doubt about it
[account-removed] 2 years ago
That definitely shouldn't have been a red. It almost looked like a dive
Parkerm35 (Sunderland) 2 years ago
A dive? Are you for real mate?
Gtbanana (Arsenal) 2 years ago
That Snow!
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 2 years ago
Unlucky Huth. Definitely not a red. He did pull away. If it was a foul then it should have at least been a yellow. Credit to Sunderland though. They are looking good under O'neill and McClean just keeps getting better and better
Lihanguk (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'm not so sure it was a pretty dangerous tackle going in a that pace in the snow as well if huth had made contact he could have easily broke a leg. I prolly would have given a yellow though but can't blame the ref for showing red
Lihanguk (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Anyway sunderland are brilliant regardless
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Stoke City are the epitome of English football's kick and rush
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Huth's challenge - definitely not red. It was similar to that of Jack Rodwell's tackle earlier this season. No studs up and pulling out of the challenge. Honestly some refs are getting worse as the season goes on.

However, very gritty from Sunderland to hold on and get the lone goal in slippery and white conditions. The revolution from MON continues
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
Mclean has been a great pickup for sunderland. He and sessegnon has drilled up and excellent understanding to be one of the most effective attacking threats in the league as of late
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
Its good to see someone from stoke punished for their thuggery, although this was not the challenge to punish. Ref got it wrong
[account-removed] 2 years ago
That's not red...
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Sunderland kept their heads up and played well as they were taught by Martin O'Neill. And won the game.
Good game from them.
Also.... I believe the red for Huth was too harsh
Arenas0838 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Wow I can't imagine running up and down that field for 90 minutes, good balance on the goal
Sham34 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
That was definitely not a red card
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Well, I think Atkinson makes some bad desicions, but when I first looked at the challenge, I thought it was a stupid, wreckless challenge, and didn't have a chance at winning the ball.

For the shear force and wrecklessness of the challenge at first glance, I would say it was a red. But if you watch the replay, it doesn't look as bad.

SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Ya, looked like a red at first glance no doubt. It was wreckless and very fast, there was no need for it. Might not have looked as bad on replay, but Huth deserves it for all the bad challenges he's given in the past.

Again, Stoke showing that they have no skills other than throwing a ball around and being thugs
AKeegs19 (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Its hard decision, I would likely give it but its a matter of the ref making a decision quick, and I can see why he saw malice intent in the challenge
Colmutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Deserved a red card, was a reckless challenge. He did try to pull out but the original intent was there and if Meyler didn't jump out of the way he could have been out with yet another bad injury. The man is only 22 and has had 2 bad leg breaks from horrendous tackles already in his career. Pulis saying he feigned it is ridiculous. Players deserve to be protected by the refs and if a challenge like that goes in then he deserves red
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Cool snow there with bit of different conditions, Sunderland jerseys so nice to me with that blue. But tough kinda not smart tackle by Huth to give red card(was debatable) and sent off, then McClean gets a nice goal for Sunderland, tough loss for Stoke at home in the snow, good for Sunderland

Kick4Life - changing lives through football