Forums / Sunderland
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal V Sunderland, Aug 18
Dicicco8 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
In defence of arsenal.... Sunderland were excellent defensively. Cuellar and gardner especially. Also aresenal had a few debutants who were a bit nervous. Cazorla looks really promising
Alimo34 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Sunderland parked the bus the first game of the season. What a joke. Arsenal played beautifully. Kind of hard to score when 11 men are 5 feet from the net
Brod40 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I thought Sunderland played admirably. They got a lot of people behind the ball, sure, but they ran their socks off. Nothing wrong with playing for a point when visiting the Emirates
Arenas0838 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
You sound pretty mad, I disagree, if you watched the game they played very good defence and deserve credit for it, plus they created a many more chances than I was expecting from them, we have only ourselves to blame for not finishing our chances
Otownballer (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Tidy passing. Missed chances. Gervinho doing his totally (in)effective thing. People will point to RVP's absence but compared to the start of last season, Arsenal look pretty good. Cazorla looks great
DrTruth (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I actually think Gervinho looked pretty good, Giroud and Podolski just need to get used to the EPL but this game was pretty exciting
Arenas0838 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Have you been watching arsenal recently? Gervinho played very well today and did amazing in the preseason friendlies...
You can't blame the guy.... The glare off his forehead would throw anyone off!

I thought he looked pretty dangerous, in all honesty
Otownballer (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Arenas0838, I don't know if a player's performance in preseason is a reliable indicator of how he will perform in the regular season. I'm hoping Gervinho delivers goals this season and not merely trickery and good ball control
Farox (Barcelona) 1 year ago
RVP trolling giroud lol I could of finished that =P...
UETIAN (Barcelona) 1 year ago
WE WANT GOOD highlgts....  
WE WANT correct spelling!  
Omar (Arsenal) 1 year ago
To be fair, these were the only important parts. The rest was just Arsenal passing. You know, "Boring, boring, Arsenal"
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Kudos to arsenal.... A bit unlucky.  There is potential there.... Wish yall the best of luck this season.
Cheers! Hope Citeh give Southampton a hiding.... It will be good for my fantasy squad
Wilsno (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Mine too. I have 3 City players in there
On the whole, I have to say I'm encouraged. Diaby looked better than expected, and Cazorla looks like Cesc 2. 0.

Once the forwards settle, we'll be fine.

Great performance by O'Neill's boys!
Eddyededwin (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Wow corzola is a great signing.... Adds so much quality to arsenals passing
Podolski is pretty good too just needs time to get used to epl
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I hope ramsey spends more time on the bench. Diaby actually played well. Sunderland deserved the draw based on there defence.
@Liverpool wth happened? Good thing I watched the highlights instead of waiting up to watch the rerun
Thrash4ever (Arsenal) 1 year ago
How. Did. Giroud. Miss. That?
Familesso (Liverpool) 1 year ago
By a whisker away
Hayleycomet (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Chocolate right leg apparently
Dvq1 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Once this team gels up, Arsenal will be very threatening. I guess you guys won't miss RVP much as Arsenal is looking more like a 11 men team rather than 1 man team from last season
DiSagnia (Chelsea) 1 year ago
TBH, although it was a draw (lucky Sunderland really), I'm more afraid of this Arsenal side than that of last season...
Shakeit (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Agreed. This season they have done a good job in the market. 40 mil out and 40 mil in. But certainly a good deal
Sullyc101 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I thought podolski played like s**t. Half of the times I forgot he was on the pitch. The other half he didn't play well. There was one moment where he was more deep than diaby, and was passing the ball between him and artetta and I just thought what are you doing back there? . He's not like van persie where he just drifts around and can score goals. We lost him, its time to get over it. And we should probably stop playing like we have van persie, because you can't replace him, nor should you
Omar (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Here we go again...
Zawren (Swansea City) 1 year ago
I think Arsenal were very good defensively today, even if we flailed a bit with the goalscoring chances it's looking a lot more solid than it did at the start of last season. Good things to come for Arsenal
Peteko 1 year ago
I watched this game. Arsenal failed to score, but they played very well. Carzola is a coup and he seemed to have fitted right in. Hopefully one of the forwards will step up to make for the the loss of RVP goals.
Although Arsenal dominated, by a strike of luck Sunderland could have won it. However, it would have been truly cruel

Kick4Life - changing lives through football