Forums / Stevenage Borough
Order: Newest / Oldest
Tottenham Hotspur V Stevenage Borough, Mar 7
Jorday (Everton) 2 years ago
Spurs needed that win to regain there somewhat lost momentum. Great to see Defoe scoring again. Where's he been this year, seems like he hasn't played much this season
Chargui (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Redknapp's definitely taking him to the Euro
Chargui (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I know I would!
Thornby (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Adebayor makes tottenham click defoe hogs the ball and shoots every chance.... Ok he scored 2 good goals but how many chances has he wasted
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
"ok he scored 2 good goals but how many chances has he wasted"

Mate, you should look at the number of chances Adebayor has wasted. Such a misinformed comment. If you look at Defoe and Adebayor's respective conversion rates over this season, you will instantly see who is the better striker.

Also, Defoe takes an average of 103 minutes to score while Ade needs 193. On average Ade needs an extra game's worth of time to score a goal compared to Defoe....

As a striker, they're supposed to hog the ball, how else do you put it in the back of the net? Yeesh....
OnoMakana (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Defoe does have an impressive conversion rate, and perhaps should be starting.

But in defence of Ade, he is much more creative than Defoe. They play different roles. Ade leads in both goals and assists in the PL. He holds the ball well and has great vision for setting up the rest of the team. He also plays much better with VDV than Defoe.

Defoe is clinical at times, and perhaps he should be starting over Saha, but there is still a reason that 'Arry prefers Ade for his role as stated above
LoLuMaD (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Defoe is a beast, what is with him not starting.... 3 brilliant goals in 2 games.... Lankybayor needs to ride the bench for a bit, then we might see some more of Defoes magic
Dgascon01 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Aaron Lennon is.... Lacking. Redknapp should give Dos Santos a run in the team. #unleash
Lennon only played 38 minutes, he was outstanding against United and this season hasn't been his best as he has suffered from injuries.

So much ignorance in this comment. Dos Santos has been on the bench for so long he can't play anymore, nor does he want to play for us. I'd rather Kranjcar play
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Dos Santos can't play anymore? Did you even see him in the Europe League when Tottenham were still in. He was the best player in the games he played, he deserved and never got it it's not that he didn't want to play
Success against weaker European teams means nothing for the Premier League mate and I wouldn't go so far as to say he was the best player in those games, he still failed to produce anything game changing on most occasions. And I'm pretty sure you mean the Europa League, there is no such thing as "the Europe League".

In any case, it's a really bold statement from you, "he was the best player in the games he played", can you bring up anything particularly impressive that he did?

It's just media hype, he does well in a couple of games for Mexico and scores a couple of times in the Europa League group stages, and suddenly everyone thinks he's an amazing player....

Once you've not started a game for a few months, you're not going to be able to get into form immediately again, we can't start him, it would be suicide, and Lennon, Kranjcar are far better players.

I'm not blaming Dos Santos for anything, it's as much Harry's fault as it is Dos Santos's for the way the contract has turned out; I'm just stating that at this point in time, there is no way he is playing a game for us.
Zigarillios (Ajax) 2 years ago
Someone shoot the commentator
BornMANU (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Completely agree  
Jamiemacdonald (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Spurs vs stevenage and they still manage to find some stupid carzy commentator?
Pepperoninipz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Defoe is a player in a whole different class. Why he doesn't start every game I will never know. His goal scoring ability is instinctual. He is the kind of player everyone wants to be but could never emulate
Acidyid (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Because the rest of his gameplay lacks and he makes us give away posession a lot more
QMan1981 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
The guy can be so frustrating sometimes. Recently i've been pleased with his performances and he has deserved a place in the starting line-up, but he keeps getting caught offside, his finishing isn't as polished as ppl think it is, and as the guy above said he gives away posessiontoo much
@Acidyid, when you can bag 24 goals in one season (18 in the PL), I frankly don't care if the rest of your gameplay "lacks".

@QMan1981, "he keeps getting caught offside". I wonder why you don't have an issue with Adebayor then....

And his finishing isn't polished? How else do you explain his goal tally despite rarely starting a game?
Canning (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Defoe! Also what a throw by Bale that was crazy. On to the Quarters!
Ticharito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Forget the Delap throw.... The Bale throw all day!
Kodyx (Juventus) 2 years ago
Super long throw
Kodyx (Juventus) 2 years ago
Is it okay for me to believe in defoe again? Haha. COYS !
When did you ever stop believing in Defoe?
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not sure why Defoe doesn't start more, he's very good. Proved that again today with 2 great goals. Harry don't fancy him much? Shame
Thornby (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Inconsistent and look how much space he was given.... But must admit i'd rather see defoe over saha!
Inconsistent? Where the hell did you get that from? Are you judging him from last season? I've watched this kid since 2004 when he first came out and inconsistent is not a word I'd associate with Defoe. He's scored the most goals of any player coming off the bench this season and has matched Adebayor's tally this season despite playing about half the number of minutes. If that's not consistency, I have no idea what is. He is one of the best finishers in the league, let alone at our club and he definitely deserves more time.

@Matt, I don't agree with the statement that Harry doesn't fancy him, Harry gave him many many opportunities last season when Defoe was struggling with injuries, I guess Harry is just too excited about Adebayor or something
Koreyclement (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Good win today from Spurs. Defoe was impressive, and I wish he was in the starting 11 more often. Excited for the quarterfinals! I can see us handling Stoke in the next round
Liverpool get Stoke, we get Bolton. A far easier task in my opinion, considering we couldn't deal with Stoke in the Carling Cup
Koreyclement (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Yep, you're right. My bad
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Bale can throw as far as delap. Good on spurs for breaking their 2 game losing streak
Cudicini was solid! Amazing backup keeper. Nelsen is lacking in pace and he definitely shouldn't start any league games for us (I'd rather give Uvini a shot), but he can be counted on against weaker opposition.

Lennon probably won't be ready for Everton away but the injury did not look serious, he should be fine.

Defoe has scored the most goals from outside the box this season in the EPL, amazing finisher, one of the best, no doubt
Wingson (Ipswich Town) 2 years ago
Cudicini is a great goalkeeper. I hope he's kept between the posts all the way in the FA Cup
It looks like he will be, which is great for him
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Defoe has a good longshot on him. He's scored alot from outside the box this season. Bale's long throw in's are insane! It's like watching a quarterback
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Defoe is a great player. He has speed, power and accuracy as well. What he need is a chance to shine in England's national team
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Dear harry,  Please start defoe!
Hwrdprkns (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Dear England,    Please start Defoe.
Perhaps not start but he should be on the bench as a sub for sure. Why he's not even being called up, I have no idea
Safouane (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
HE is better than the greedy Sturridge
ATLscouser (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Don't forget about welbeck

Kick4Life - changing lives through football