Forums / Stevenage Borough
Order: Newest / Oldest
Stevenage Borough V Newcastle United, Jan 8
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 3 years ago
Stevenage were fantastic, really played very well and the deserved winners. But Barton's goal - what a strike! No keeper in the world could have stopped that one!

But great finishing from Stevenage who have gone through - One of the biggest cup shocks so far from the FA cup!
Darkinja (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
N'castle well and truely humbled. Great effort from Stevenagebro. Great goal by Barton though!
DaveTheBrave (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Stevenage looked like premier league class, tbh! Newcastle did not turn up at all. Schocking. I heard Joey Barton even personally congratulated all the stevenage players after the game. Nufc were well and truly beaten!
Well, from all nufc fans, Congrats to stevenage boro!
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
And the rollercoaster ride goes on!
Seriously though the newc fan who punched the stevenage player at the end of the match makes me embarrassed to be a supporter :/
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I heard according to the news that it was a Stevenage nutcase though.... Maybe it was a personal beef?
X6alalx (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
It was a stevenage supporter he had a red and white scarf with him and he punched Laird because he refused to give him his shirt
Reds89 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Great performance stevenage. Giant killers from league two, that's why I love the fa cup
Babamama (Fulham) 3 years ago
Oddshot - why are you assuming it's a Geordie? We don't know that it was a Newcastle fan that threw the punch and I would very surprised if it was
X6alalx (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Congrats to stevenage they did really well goodluck to them and I hope they do more giant killing
Booba (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Ah shiit
Yschafer (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Nice goals
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Loved Barton goal, but Newcastle deserved the elimination. Stevenage? Never heard of them. This must be their greatest year in history. I hope they advance higher. Who doesn't love a nice surprise in the cup competitions. It hurts when it is your team losing, but no room to complain here.
Anyway, I expect Newcastle to concentrate in the league this year. There will be better time for the cups once they are stabilized once again as a long-term Premier League side.
(By the way, I am still to be convinced by Pardew.)
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Barton's goal was the only real bright spot in that game for Newcastle fans, but it was quickly forgotten as yet another goal was put in the Newcastle net. I agree, Newcastle didn't look like a team that deserved to continue, and Stevenage did
DEFENDtheBRIDGE (Chelsea) 3 years ago
And the Borough of Stevenage shows what the FA Cup is all about!

I just wanna know why someone voted Stevenage as rubbish? Is it just bitter geordies?

Stevenage outplayed newcastle for most of the match and while their first goal was a lucky deflection, they still went on to score two more good goals. Deserved win through and through!
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Dum faces, If Stevange are rubbish then how bad Newcastle must be if they lose to an league two team! Ha ha premfaces lol
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Dafd

Kick4Life - changing lives through football