Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain V Saudi Arabia, May 29
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Oh spain! You were about to draw. Huge number of people are expecting much more from you guys this world cup
IRISHRED79 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Its funny the two teams that have revealed a weakness in the spain side.... America and Saudi Arabia two average teams who have managed to put goals past them, no doubt the other big sides and those in their group will be viewing those tapes very cloself over the coming weeks
I think Spain will have to watch out for teams who will rush them on the ball and not allow space cos with a bit of space spain are lethal. That Xabi goal was fantastic
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
Yes it was as long as he does not do that regularly for Real I cool with that!
Hitch (Barcelona) 3 years ago
You do realize Xabi's goal was a deflection?
A really bad game for Iker Casillas
It was just as good game  
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Keep it cool.... Just a training match. Spain will rock the ground!
Dxhhh (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I wonder why cassilas is captain, puyol is a way way better leader than him
Toure (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Cause Puyol is Catalan , get it? ...
Praseed (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Casillas is madridista.... And in spain madrid rules.... That's why.... Casilllas is captain.... Former captain was raul!.... Future captain will be ramos.... No doubt!.... Because casillas, puyol, xavi, villa will retire together...
Wait when did Real last win the spanish league
Does not matter Madrid is the capital and base of power. You will never ever see a player of Cataylunian desent captian of the Spanish national team
Ltm017 3 years ago
My analysis of today's match is that Spain showed the world their weakness and not to be afraid of them. They are ranked very high and considered to be the world's best team. But then again when a team wants to win against them they can. I hope they keep this is mind because it wasn't too long ago that the United States beat them.

I also would like to add that today's match needed someone like Bojan. I think the squad is fantastic and every decision was made right.... Except for busquets he is very shaky. But I hope Spain can do better and don't underestimate the smaller sides. Especially teams like Honduras and Chile because they will surprise people and they can too. Everyone is going to be playing them harder than anyone else because they are considered the best so they always have to go out with the mentality that they are playing the best team even if they re not.

Luck was honestly on their side in those last minutes. I know they can do better and I hope they pull themselves together and do better in the future.

Oh and I think Reina should be starting goalkeeper.... or at least play a friendly!
Mustakrakish696 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I agree, Reina should get some games. I like Casillas but Reina is a great goalkeeper as well
Mmoccia (Juventus) 3 years ago
Good, fair-judged comment. Remember also torres was absent here. Anywho, friendlies are only worth exactly what they are...
Good analysis ltm017 I think spains biggest problem is aerial ability and dealing with overly physical teams that's the reason I think they struggled against USA and the Saudis. The first goal was just diabolical very poor defending
Busquettes really Spain? I am a barca fan through and through and I am telling you right now. You wanna win the Mundial? You better leave that clown on the bench. LOL Nice to see Villa do his thing can't wait for next season he's gonna' rule at Barca
RhOmEL (Everton) 3 years ago
Most teams are playing rusty at the moment, give them a couple more warm up games and they will be fine
Iker Casillas is not the goalie he once was. To think Saudi Arabia did not qualify this time around. They did well
RealFan79 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Hate too see Pedro and Busquets in this team...
Ahh its great to see the worldcup bring everyone together  
Hahahahaha
Chelseaforever (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah.... How come Pedro and Busquets are in the Spain squad? They both suck!
NerazurriGunner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I'm cheering Spain in the WC but honestly those 2 really suck! Much better Spanish players are out there. Mata should start ahead of Pedro and I still think Cazorla has much more quality than Pedro. And about Basquets.... Lol.... No comment.... Big mistake to take out Senna
Ahavor (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Spain didn't even played, they were just moving the ball around  
Portugal 0-2 Saudi Arabia Spain 3-2 Saudi Arabia Spain 4-0 Portugal !!!
Elbert (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Portugal 0 saudi arabia 2? When was this played?
Elbert (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think portugal is rank 3rd in the world now going into the world cup. I thnk that that is so ridicules
That's what I think!!
Murda (Liverpool) 3 years ago
This is only a friendly game the players won't kill themselves to prove themselves because they're afraid to get injured and wouldn't help their team win the world cup!
So fellas just don't be disapointed! England and spain will stun the whole world and I expect both teams to make it to the finals!
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Close call.... But where was fabregas and torres? Too injured to play? You are allowed six subs so I was expecting to see them at some point. Good game by iniesta though. Glad to see him healthy.

And to those saying spain played like crap.... Wake up.

First goal was a keeper fail, second goal was luck. Spain had all possession as usual....

The only thing wrong.... Was the timing.... No sync between the forwards and the midfield. Villa was off, despite his goal. He missed a ton of good passes that would have made great scoring opportunities.

Also, either the saudi backline is extremely fast or pedro is slow....
They were poor but I expect them to be back on the ball for the world cup they are one of the mst exciting teams to watch at the mo even better to watch than brazil
Noface (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Casillas has gone down hill let in a lot of goals for madrid this season and the first goal that was conceded wasn't clever. Reina for GK in spain if the manager knows whats right
Casillas is far better then reina or valdes.... And spain coach knew it
He was poor in this game though but his defence didn't help the matter either
Achiox (Manchester United) 3 years ago
That second goal from Saudi Arabia was a bit "cheeky", eh? Hahaha...
Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Just took a little nick off his backside.... You might say he has a Nicky Butt
Casillas is far better then reina or valdes.... And spain coach knew it...
Hahhahaah what a bummer
Chelseaforever (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I agree.... Casillas is way better!
If each goalkeeper is judged on his best day or best form ever, then Casillas is definitely the best.... BUT Casillas has been behind Valdez and Reina this season, and anyone whos watched all 3 goal keepers a lot this season will agree with me.

Yet there are a lot of people who are just blind and cannot judge season by season because Casillas has a "big name" and has lived off his name this season, while Valdez was known to make a lot of game changing blunders. Yet Valdez has made less mistakes and nicer saves this season than Casillas.

I still think Casillas should be Spains goalkeeper in the world cup though since it will give the team more stability and he has more experience internationally. And also since a tournament like the WC could bring out the best in Casillas again
Cienioxxl (Juventus) 3 years ago
Tottally agree mate. Valdes season after season is better. He deserves to play in first 11, but I think that WC is not right time to try other goalkeeper. I hope he will get his chance after summer

Kick4Life - changing lives through football