Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain V Portugal, Jun 29
Damu42km 4 years ago
Very tightly contested game, the only difference was made by David Villa’s goal. He was the man of the match. Operating from left wing rather than going to center role he had many assist attempts and superb shots on and off targets. He is surely the best forward player in the World Cup. Torres again had a disappointing game failing to threaten the portuguese defence. But I think he is working hard to improve his performance after that injury lay off. Spain need to raise their game to more higher level if they want to go all the way. More stronger teams on their way. If they make the semis they have to face Mighty Germans or Argentina. Portugal had fought with all their weapons till the last whistle and had created many genuinue goal scoring chances. Better luck next time for them
[account-removed] 4 years ago
He was offsides
BAKisback (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Do you know Drogba?
Marcelolee (Sao Paulo) 4 years ago
Did Cristiano play?
Damu42km 4 years ago
Yup You didn't watch the game?
I'm joking haha I just expect more of him
Damu42km 4 years ago
I also thought he might do better in this World Cup. Cristiano hasn't played much against well organised teams. He is nowhere near the Lengendary Luiz Ronaldo
Agreed
Widowmaker (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
The last time I checked Ronaldo is not superman, he needs help from his teammates, after all it is a 11 players team, one more thing; why in God's name national teams defend like Portugal did? It does not work, if you want the cup, fight for it
Terrible referee allowing the goal, absolutely horrendous.    This was a great game though.
Ltm017 4 years ago
Hahaha.... Chaconche can't take about Horrible ref when Argentina got away with their first goal.... First goal changes everything...
Feanor (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Touch and go for offside with Villa's goal, but I think it was the right decision. It matters little now and Spain were deserved winners. A really tight game though, but such amazing passing from Spain
AnaBolica (1. Kaiserslautern) 4 years ago
Yeah that was some fine quick passing on very limited space by the Spanish. That shows their high skills. A shame they didn't make use of it that often in the game. Portugal was very disappointing though. Absolutely deserved victory by the Spanish, I think
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Both of the teams did not impress me.
I think it was kind of a poor game, should have been better than this....
Spain have to improve.
Lbcguy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Offsides goal again, surprise surprise. This win brought to you by FIFA
Playa3c (Chelsea) 4 years ago
On close plays like that, advantage to the attacking team, always
Affainyi (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Was the goal offside? How can you expect the referee to spot that? I've watched the replay about a dozen times even pausing it at the moment of xavi's touch and even with all of that I'm still not sure. Maybe his arm and head were offside but it's way too tight to draw a conclusion from!

Even if he was, Spain played better than Portugal in every single aspect you can imagine and deserved to progress more than Portugal did from my viewpoint as a neutral observer...
Feanor (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yep, I watched it over and over too and agree on all accounts
Alf86 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I`ve started to write my own post when I saw your comment:

I agree in 100% of your points! I also watched the vid a lot of times and I can`t say if villa was on- or offside. People can`t blame the referee for that. And the second thing is that spain did more and deserved to win
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Even if it was (which I don't think it was in my opinion) there have been way too many shitty decisions in the last 2 weeks to bash a referee for this one, let's start with Week One all over again...
Just to point it out. ITS offsides> and its the world cup. Of course it is the Ref's fault for being blind. Had that been Chile, Paraguay, Korea.... They would have called it. FIFA have been failing this World Cup and this has been yet another disaster
Slick1990 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I expected spain to score more goals, but as expected portugal had 9 shots 3 on target, lol, but spain really let me down, lets see how they play in their next match!
Zeora (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Portugal conceded like 1 goal in the last 14 games and your talking about spain letting you down
Slick1990 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes they let me down, well doh even talk bout brazil an they my number one team for the world cup!
Wutang4eva (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Looked pretty offside, but it is a close decision. Spain were still the better team, good enough for the next round? I'm not convinced yet
Colonel (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Portugal had a feast against and Korea and a famine against the other teams. Should have saved for the rainy day.

Can anyone argue against the fact that Ronaldo is an average player when he wears a Portugal shirt?
TheFed (Juventus) 4 years ago
Boring game. I thought spain was supposed to bring the beautiful game to this WC. What happened? Oh, right, it's all BS.... Both teams diving and flopping a lot (I'm embarassed for Capedevilla), and not much creativity on either side.

It appears that spain is still highly overestimated, as always. They still haven't lived up to any of the talk
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Viva espanà
Arian18 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yo soy espanol espanol espanooool
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
That wasnt offside.

All of you are watching David Villa's foot when Xavi has already kicked the ball.

And anyways if it was the better team won today, all Portugal did was defend anc counter attack. I doubt anyone like to see teams like that triumph in the WC
MorningLight (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Very hard decision because noone can clearly say if it was offside or not.... I feel so sad for ronaldo so young so talented but has no luck with his national team....

Will it be argentina, germany or spain against brazil in final?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football