Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain V Korea Republic, May 30
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Not your typical spain, but still good performance. Can't wait to see them against better opposition!
Fabricass (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I hope Korea continue to be s**t. They don't deserve success when they exclude their nation's best player because of their silly politics and forced conscription
Maaza (Barcelona) 2 years ago
^What do you mean? What happened?
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yeah, I'm wondering as well. The politically bad Korea tends to be the other one.... So what happened?
ElProfesor (Servette Geneve) 2 years ago
I assume he's talking about Park Chu Young, the Arsenal forward. I heard something about him 'escaping' national conscription into the South Korean army by playing abroad, but has been punished for it by not being allowed to play for the national team. Not really sure of the facts, but it was something like that...
^thanks for letting me know
Blueheart (Manchester City) 2 years ago
@Fabricass well "their nation's best player" wasnt playing at all for arsenal.... I chuckled
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Midfield:

Cazorla - alonso - benat - silva - xavi - buquets - fabregas - mata - ander herrera - granero - iniesta - valero - raul garcia

Attack:

Torres - soldado - villa - adrian - pedro - llorente - negredo - callejon - muniain

This massive amount of talent spain has is enough to fill the attack & midfield of 3 top class teams

Surely del bosque's mission of choosing the final list this was harder than ever
Shazli95 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Not to mention goalkeepers and defenders
Yeah, it's insane. He'd probably have a case by playing exclusively men from Spain's Big Two, even with Puyol and Villa out. But then he's got Torres, Muniaín, Soldado, Negredo, Mata, Adrián and Llorente. I'm not sure Spain will win it this time, but the best line-up they definitely still have. Germany is the only team that comes close
Yeah, if they had all players fit they could line two excellent teams, like this:

The first team:

____________Casillas___________
Arbeloa__Puyol____Pique____Alba
_______Busquets___Alonso_______
Silva_________Xavi______Iniesta
_____________Villa_____________

(*dropped Ramos to the 2nd one to make it more balanced, otherwise he would be the first choice RB)

And the ''reserve'' team

___________Reina/Valdes________
Iraola___Albiol__Ramos___Monreal
___________Martinez_____________
_______Cesc_______Gazorla_______
Pedro_______________________Mata
_____________Torres_____________

And they could still have players like Soldado, Llorente, Navas, Muniain, etc, etc, on the bench!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ya there a great team either way and love Torres and Mata but ya should be a good tourny but go Germany!
Mata was really disappointing. I can't see him getting any playing time in the tournament...
Avoee (Barcelona) 2 years ago
He was bad, don't know why. But look at torres, when him play with football team, he is good striker. But not in chelsea
I think Torres will do better at Chelsea next season because I'm quite sure they will play more attacking football whit the new signing like Hazard and Marin (and Hulk?)
Mata is great player and maybe didn't show it here, he will though in tourney like he did with Chelsea. As for Torres he is class and will be fantastic next season, he will score tons of goals with the new signings, and will be number one. He started doing great at 2nd half of this season. But ya can't wait for Euros next week and Chelsea next season!
Why is no one talking about Cazorla's free kick? This should be done far more often, as there is usually space below the wall and when done right, I have seen it fool many a keeper. Looked really cool.

Good performance by Spain, still without all Barça. Nice Korean goal too
Yeah those free kicks are sneaky! It seems like only the mighty Ronaldinho is clever enough:

Yep, the one against Bremen is the one I always think of as well. Though I've seen it done by others, just, like I said, not very often
Compadre (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I hate Carzola LOl. When he scored against us to make it 1-1
Frostbyt (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah like the one ronaldo done against newcastle to get his first hat trick for united?
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hmm.... I only saw busquets and ramos playing but no fabregas?
You saw Busquets playing? What have you been smoking?
I swear Villa and Puyol were out there
Drumspell (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Guardiola was playing too!
ArchellPanda (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Heyyy its rooney!
RealChelseaDBR (Chelsea) 2 years ago
And Heskey!
Octopuss (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lol
I think it was a really nice gesture by Franz Beckenbauer that he would swap Eusebio for Cruyff late on
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Oh man I need to head to specsavers next time before watching the match lol
SoccerLOL (Vauxhall Motors) 2 years ago
Spain's man of the match was definitely Peter Shilton. He's a wonderful midfielder
Helardordeku (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He means bosques but not playing, coaching
JoroMekiq (PFC Botev Plovdiv 1912) 2 years ago
Convincing performance
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Xavi iniesta fabregas silva alonso mata busquets navas    Dang what a superior MF
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 2 years ago
Wow What a goal by De-Heon Kim!.... Spain.... Eh (seen them play better)
DrDevileRaven (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Nice performance by Spain, although once again, it was to be expected...
This is fernando torres!
In chelsea, maybe it was a clone of torres
Great win for Spain, I'm excited for Euros, I'm cheering for germany but Spain are a great team, showed some great goals here and great skill. I love Torres and what a header goal for him here, just fantastic class, beauty goal, I can't wait for him next year with Chelsea! Other Spain goals good. But nice to see that amazing Korea goal, that was a great shot and good goal and nice for them
Jonymac (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Gosh I don't know I feel like the first three goals were just amateur mistakes for Korea. They could have been easily avoided not to take anything from Torres' efforts but ehhh. They werent crafted goals they were a gimme from a rather shallow attempt. I guess a goals a goal but. C'mon Korea easily could have been 1-1
Soccerfaithful (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I just love Torres's header: he can't see the goal but just knows where to put the ball....
Nice attitude by South Korea, though, they never stopped trying and the gap between both teams is not as wide as the score suggests

Kick4Life - changing lives through football