Spain V Iraq, Jun 17
Skerkel (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Why didn't the first two goals count?
XenoJie (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Bro.... Those weren't goals la...
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Because they didn't go in
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Iraq defended very well, but Villa crept one in...
Boostar (Juventus) 4 years ago
Haha, no way Iraq defended well! They lost their man on one of the goals and the goalie looked like he was out on the field collecting berrys more than once!
London (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well doin iraq spain is the best team in the world 1-0 is not bad and boostar don't hate appreciate
RMundo926 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't worry, Spain had an off day. Iraq did have a fairly organized defence today, but Spain's quality eventually broke through.

Spain for the Cup!
Ferno (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Spain is best team in the world and also fernando torres  Villa will go to anfield and play alongside gerrard and torres
XenoJie (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I guess Liverpool won't try to bid Villa in fact they are looking for G. Johnson
CozA10 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Iraq are pathetic. Nobody wants to watch a team that plays for a 0-0 draw
Ilvecchiosignor (Juventus) 4 years ago
Listen all of you italy and brazil haters. Spain is having a good couple of years.... Other than a couple euros.... They have no real world level championships.... Look at brazil, italy, germany, argentina.... Spain has never won a world cup. Lets see how they fair in this competition and the world cup next year.... Mark my word.... They will not win
Jotham (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Look at Spain's squad now. All young and world-class players. Its true Spain has never won a world cup, but isit true that Spain will never win the world cup. Spain's teamwork is the best now, look if you don't agree go look at match reviews and reports. Their teamwork is the best then why isit Spain have no real world level championships? Is it their players? Casillas the best goalkeeper in 2008 not good enough? Reina goalkeeper of liverpool in reserve not good enough? Torres and David Villa not good enough? Puyol not experienced or good enough? Ineasta and Xavi not good enough? Sergio Ramos and Capdevilla not good enough? Even Fabregas and Xabi Alonso are in the reserve squad. Seriously, whats your definition of world level championships? Must they have players that sprint like Usain Bolt, dive like Cristiano Ronaldo, famous like David Beckham then they're considered world-class?
Jotham (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Iraq didn't even attack. Kind of reminded me of Champions League 2009 semi-finals Barcelona vs Chelsea 1st leg, super defensive. However, Iraq didn't play as dirty as Chelsea
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
You bet they didn't
Giuri (Barcelona) 4 years ago
You can't BE as dirty as chelsea.

You have to have a little sympathy for the Iraqis, they knew they were playing a hugely superior team and they didn't wanna get humiliated like new zealand. Still, when a team gets anything from playing destructosoccer with 6 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders, there's no justice. Apart from subpar finishing, spain played really well. It's just extremely difficult to get a shot at goal when you got 11 opponents whose sole purpose it is to avoid conceding and whose entire focus lies on standing around in and next to the box for 90 minutes

Apila (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Nice game
Ak47am (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I think Iraq played rubbish in attack, but defensively they did a great work, cause Spain is one of the best teams in the world in attacking.
They have great attackers, like Villa, Torres, Mata etc.

Its very difficult for the Iraqi national team, as our country is invaded and there is a "war" going on.
Ofc, that affects the national team also.
They have to train abroad, or train in Iraq with fear.
The government doesn't pay them, its corrupted, so its actually amazing that this they have gathered a team of young Iraqi players to play in top level.

We also need to remember that the Iraqi team have been changing managers 2 times a year, which makes it difficult for the team to improve in team-play or improve the players morale.

I Conclusion, I think 0-1 is a result for Iraq to been happy with.
As I have mentioned, it has been many difficulties for the Iraqi national team.
We should have played more players in attack and pressured the opponent more, but ofc that is risky when you are playing against Spain.
I also question why Younis was a substitute, because he is the best Iraqi attacker. Jasem wasnt there either, and they could have made a difference really.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football