Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain V Czech Republic, Mar 25
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 3 years ago
:C You are still awesome Czech Republic!
Murda1 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Spain did it again congrats!
Spartan123 (AC Sparta Praha) 3 years ago
Lucky win for Spain
Diemannschaft (Chelsea) 3 years ago
How was that lucky lol a win is a win. You probably didn't watch the game cause spain had way more chances and a lot more posession of the ball
Aaron222 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yea Spartan, of course you would say that cos' you're from Czech Republic. I've watched the game here in Spain and we had many chances
Bradsenal (Arsenal) 3 years ago
What a freaken awesome goal from Plasil
Micaura (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Lucky spain big time! No way they are going to win in2012 germany&holland are getting better everytime they play
Zhudayong (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Sometimes some teams step up and do what's needed when it's needed! And it may feel a bit like ''luck'' but someone would say ''great teams makes their own luck''! Lol
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Are you German? If so we have already beat your boys twice in a final and semifinal.
You better hope you don't come across Spain in Euro2012 if you have any aspirations for the title
Micaura (Bayern München) 3 years ago
In your dreams dude
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Narrow win, good job to the Czech Republic for giving them a run for their money!
Yeah guys Spain were so lucky that Czech republic scored 1 goal with 1 chance at goal all game...
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Man, this was close...
Radion (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 3 years ago
Havent seen the match but happy for Spain, great people, great country, great football.  Saw first goal of the match, loved it!
Aaron222 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Gracias mi amigo. Ukraine is a great contry too Viva España!    Edit: country
Not so 'grate' spelling though, lol
At least he loves spain, give him that!    Ps: I know you didn't mean any disrespect though!
Radion (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 3 years ago
Alcohol is responsible for that misspelling. But what I said is what I feel....
See.... Some good wine+good cheese+some good memories from Spain=Misspelling And a little happiness
P. S. I am embarrassed. So, I cheated and edited my post....
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Why are so many people calling it lucky? Was a shady goal or pen involved?

Edit: ok cech almost saved the pen, and the first goal was from a big deflection. But that's not luck guys
Kevinmw1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yes a penalty was involved
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
That a fluke then I kid I kid
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Read as "a shady goal, or a shady pen"
I know a pen was involved, I was asking if it was a bad decision to award the penalty. Iniesta was clearly fouled, so nothing shady there! I didn't see any luck involved.... It was a decent game from spain.

WHUFCFGV (West Ham United) 3 years ago
Yup. Decent only
Kevinmw1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
A little bit of a lucky win I mean the winning goal of a pk. A little lucky, great goal by the czech team. I love to see spain win though, some of my favorite players
Why exactly obtaining a PK in a game would be tagged as ''lucky''? Lol. I mean it's part of the game! Imagine a game won by 3-0 and all goals were from PKs! And fair PKs I should add!

So personally I don't really think it was a ''lucky'' win, especially when it's just based on the fact that the winning goal came from a penalty spot! Clearly Spain controlled the game (head to toe)! Doesn't mean Czech are. Didn't offer a good game, because they did! They were well organised, defended well, and got an early goal which made things very difficult for Spain. But Spain had more chances on goal, more movements, runs and better display overall.

So in the end 2-1 was a close call, but the team that created more opportunities ended up with a victory. And I think that feels more like ''justice'' than ''luck'' wouldn't you say!?
BestoftheRest (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Someone calls Villa lucky and immediately the Barca fanboys come a runnin. Go figure
Lol.... Where did you see Villa in any of the 2 posts!?
If am not mistaken, the debate is on ''victories on PKs'', not Villa, not Barca, nothing else but that!
Pvolpert22 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Good try at trying to belittle barca fans, botr
Zhudayong has a legitimate point and you don't. A fair penalty goal is never, ever, ever ever ever a lucky goal. The fact that spain had a clear number of other chances doesn't even have to enter the equation
Waqaszeb (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Why do some Arsenal care so much about what Barca fans do/say even when it's not related to Arsenal at all? That's pretty annoying
Waqaszeb (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I've noticed that a few times now. That's why I mention No offence to the rest
BestoftheRest (AC Milan) 3 years ago
"Checks preferred teams next to names of other commentors"    .... I rest my case
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Plasil is amazing! Go Bordeaux!    Cech repuclic!
Golaire (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I think Spain played poorly, and had they played against a team that knew how to counter attack they would have probably lost. Czechs are in a sad state, Cech is their only exceptional player, and although he made many good saves, he kept on kicking the ball down the pitch aimlessly right back to the Spaniards. Get your sh*t together my Czech neighbors, I know you can play quality football!
At least they scored a great goal, though it came out of nowhere
AhmadSK (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Spain lucky? If you even watched the match or followed up with it live then you would know that Spain had so many opportunities, so many chances, so many would-be goals while the Czech Republic had very, very few.

I'd say the Czechs were lucky in not losing but a larger margin
Champi0n (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Spain would look back at this game and say, "We got the job done".... Good win and an important win for Del Bosque! Good job Villa.... First goal had a huge luck involved but great footwork and you deserve it.... I just do not know how to comment on the sublime strike from Plasil !
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Lucky win

Kick4Life - changing lives through football