Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Portugal V Spain, Jun 27
7portugal (Sporting CP Lisbon) 1 year ago
For me this game was the final italy got blown out 4-0.... Portugal you made us all proud thank you
SergioCA (CA Independiente) 1 year ago
Portugal Played well in defence and midfield. Joao Pereira is best right back of the tournament in my opinion
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
This was a good match, Spain didn't play there best at all and that's why they only won in penalties. Portugal did well besides not scoring. I was surprised they started Negredo guy instead of Torres, was alittle upset(even as Germany fan). Even instead of Fabegras too. But Both couldn't score in regular and extra time, which was quite surprising with all the top players on each side. But went to penalties and just must being so nerve racking, but Bruno Alves misses off bar, and then Fabregas gets it off post and in. Crazy stuff. Ronaldo didn't even get to shoot cause he wanted to go for 5th and finish it off but never got chance. That said, I wanted germany to win and beat Spain in finals and take there win streak away, but now that Italy beat us(germany), I want Torres to go on and smash Balotelli and Italy away with big win. Germany still best football club
Thefrenchy (Olympique Marseille) 1 year ago
Watching this match, i've the impression to see the same match from the spaniards since 4 years. 60 or 70% of possesion and waiting for the opponent mistake and win a 1-0, or hope a miracle from San Iker on the penalties.

The problem for football is that this "tiki-taka" must not become football way to play and love this sport. It's just boring and negative football. Barça plays like that, but people love Barça because of Messi, the little genius who accelerate the game and create magic.

I far prefer the football played by germany and italy which were the 2 good news of this euro. Concerning the final, I think spain will win it because of their luck and solidity, nothing more. They can win this euro, but will never win fans hearts (whistles of the crowd at the end of the match meaned everything....)
Lampuiho (Arsenal) 1 year ago
You dont' actually watch barca do you?

I could throw in a few subjective words to insult your inability to state facts.

Barca don't just pass the ball around, they are constantly attacking while keeping posession through well placed passes and strategic positioning of the players.

Spain are completely different. They don't have the same players, coaches, and same quality of strategy
GoonMad (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Boring? Negative? PLease don't tell me you are serious! Spain and barca both play like matadors, constantly probing and tempting the opposition into losing their shape, then when they spot a weakness in the armour boom! They have the quality to strike like a snake!

Remember too the the way teams set upto play against spain force them into it a lot of the time, what would you prefer they do, hoof it? They are doing pretty well the way they are doing, 1 more game and they make history.

Plus Barca only liked for messi!? Now I know you are mad, have you heard of xavi? , on of the greatest of all time, or iniesta, pique, villa, fabregas? Are you taking your meds?
Atrixer (Norwich City) 1 year ago
Portugal were better. I still find it funny that England were the last team to beat Spain...
Drumspell (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I saw football by only one side in that friendly match (Spain).  England were horrible, Its good that they´ve changed style.
Katana (FC Porto) 1 year ago
If the Portugal haters where all put together in a room I bet you couldn't pull one out that Is a real spaniard.... Now Ronaldo haters? .... Yes lots from all four corners of the world.... Portugal is not Ronaldo nor Ronaldo is Portugal.... So.... Boys.... Grow up and analyze the game at it should be analized, Inteligently.... Not with your testicles.... Portugal by percentage dominated the game, the penalties was never our strenght, so did we play better than the Spanish.... You better f*****g believe it...
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I like how people voted Portugal awesome with a total of 0 shots on target
CHELSEABOY93 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Spain had zero almost the first 90
Haha, pure envy! Haters everywhere!
Dabowlski (Sporting CP Lisbon) 1 year ago
Dzivri (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Really people, over 50% of you saw Portugal's performance as Awesome? Whatever happened to objectivity? The fact that Spain didn't play all that great doesn't mean that they contained them or anything. It was not an ecstatic performance by either team. They were both far from Awesome, although Spain was solid
CHELSEABOY93 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Says the barcelona fan...
And he is right. Spain has a a lot of haters, but are the same people who would love to have them players in their own team. Hypocrites!
Vapourtrailer (Barcelona) 1 year ago
When Chelsea won the Champions doing the worst football we've seen in a while...
Theturningangel (Barcelona) 1 year ago
It was an ok game.... Disappointing from CR he needs to step up and lead in a important games such as this one.... Poor Bruno he was amazing through out the tournament but was not lucky in the end
Vanido (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Ronaldo is indeed a great free kick take, he's not the best but probably any team in the world would like to have him as a first choice free kick taker.
It's a different technique for a different player. I bet he can't take free kicks with the finnesse of Ronaldinho but I'm also sure that the latter one can't score further from 30 yards or hit the ball as hard. (freekicks)

This was a lucky and boring match, not surprisingly from Spain.
I expect a 1-0 win agaisnt Italy
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
So much blind hatred for Ronaldo, when he does something "wrong" or "stupid" he's just the worst when he scores awesome goals or wins games for his team he's "lucky"
LusoAmerican (FC Porto) 1 year ago
I am super proud of my country and the reason being is that no one in the world put portugal in the semi-finals and even now people still can't believe it. Portugal played great and this shows in the scoreline before the PK's. The pk's are a luck things that you never know what is goin to happen (fabragas hit the post and went in bruno hit the post and went out) still I am super proud and I like this new ronaldo in the national team (3 goals and 4 posts not to bad). He did miss some chances but no one is perfect.
Lastly spain is still unable to beat portugal (with this super team) in a head on game. 2010 W-cup offsides goal and yesterday only with pk's. So how great is this spain? And how bad is this portugal?
Vapourtrailer (Barcelona) 1 year ago
No offence mate, but Spain kicked Portugal out three times on the row.... And while you're proud of your team, which I think is great and you should be, we are European and World Champions.... So I guess Spain are great because they beat everybody when they had to, while Portugal didn't.... Is very easy to understand
Three times in a row? Maybe you are confused, this would be the second in a row. Anyways they beat Portugal in penalties, could have easily gone the other way. Both teams are not that far off
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Ronaldo is not great at free kick, rarely he score he don't really have a great free kick technique, he score some good ones now and then, Ronaldo reminds me of Roberto Carlos when taking free kicks, they're both ambitious at times when taking free kicks, they both take a lot of free kicks but only few goes in now and then, they will score that one spectacular goal out of nowhere like the goal Roberto Carlos scored against France, Ronaldo needs to work more on getting is free kicks on target rather than running up and blasting the ball, I think he should take some class from Pirlo or Ronaldinho
Chubs (FC BARCELONA) 1 year ago
There's nothing better than to watch Ronaldo loose
You should get out more
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Even though Ronaldo didn't have the best Midfield in Portugal, if he wanted to be the best player in the world he should have taken the ball from half line dribble it and try to score or even pass it to someone, it seems to me Ronaldo only can beat players on the wing where he have enough space to kick the ball and out sprint the defenders, Ronaldo have no dribbling skill maybe some useless step overs, he should thank the substitute striker from the Denmark game who came on and scored that winner he's the only reason Portugal got this far. And why they don't have a knockout round, from group stage to quarter finals?
Are you retarded? Even if Varela did not score against Denmark, holding all other results equal, Portugal would still have advanced due to equal points with Denmark and more goals scored. You just have blind hatred for Ronaldo that it impedes your judgement. He should have taken the ball from the halfway line and scored? Easier said than done than against the best team in the world
Argentina doesn't have the best midfield either why didn't Messi do that in the Copa America against weaker teams either? Ronaldo scored 3 how many goals did Messi have in that tournament? Not trolling I infact really like Messi and agree he's the best in the world but don't be a hypocrite and only criticize the players you don't like
Cecilialongren (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Why did yhey let f*****g defenders like bruno alves get the penalty?! You could see in that poor guys face he wasn't self-confident about that shot!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football