Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Portugal V Spain, Jun 27
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Xavis a genius but this tournament maybe 'cause puyol and villa aint playing he hasn't looked that good to be honest. I think personally Fabregas and Jesus Navas have been game changers from the subs bench. Silva also hasnt been that good.... Maybe start with navas and fabregas
Danman (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Pep routinely pulled Xavi in the second half of games this season. He doesn't have the legs to cover the entire midfield anymore, and that's part of the reason why Spain have to play with 2 defensive mids
Danman (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I think Spain would probably be better with Iniesta in that spot with an extra attacker in his left forward position, but I doubt VDB would dare try til the 60th minute
Boh2011 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Spain is missing David Villa badly. Its clear in every match
RM4TheWin (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Penalty kicks aren't fair they should change those rules
Eslnmpo (FC Porto) 1 year ago
You're right!
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Talking about penalties....    Https://fbcdn-sphotos-a. Akamaihd. Net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487255_325633304185935_487687185_n. Jpg
@EdTheFan that one is funny but no seriously there a lot of better ways to decide the winner.... For example how about they give them infinte time with a break of 5min after every 15min and the one who scores first wins the match (this happens only after the 90m+additional time ends)
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Golden GOAL!  Certainly evokes fond memories.... Teams going all-out attack and not waiting for penalties
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I hate Golden goal, if 1 team score the other have no chance to do a comeback
Atleast this doesn't make the whole team lose because of one idividual's fault like in penalties
Crxxx (Bayern München) 1 year ago
ZZZZzzZZZzzzzZZZzZZZzzZZzz
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Ronaldo didn't get a chance to take a penalty when bruno alves hit the cross bar.... He was gutted ={
Devrod (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I'm glad Fabregas scored the winning PK    Ronaldo.... Well, the facts speak for them selves
DiegoFC (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
What facts.... The fact that he scored 3 goals in euro and helped a team that was not expected to make it out of their group still make it to the semi's or the fact that he scored 60 goal and won la liga with real madrid?
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Portuglal lost for the simple reason.... Ronaldo's.... Weakness. This dude is a NO brainer. He is good at pimping the other players, and may be he should try modeling.
He is not even close to be a star player, what a shame!
No more football and footballer!
Money is the mover and shaker!
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Lol so what you saying is.... Ronaldo should stop being a football player because when playing vs spain he and the rest of the Portuguese squad barely saw the ball.... Alright.

I guess 60 goals a season and help taking your team to the semi final comes to nothing when you lose to the defending European/World champions in the semi's
Just wow
Barcachick (Barcelona) 1 year ago
It was a collective team effort that took portugal to the semi final not ronaldo work rate.... He had an assist for all his goal, so there was so someone who did some work and gave him the ball.... You fans of ronaldo is doing a whole lot to him.... Putting him over the hills with his ego and that is doing a whole lot of damage to his performances soon you would all realize what I just said...
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
And you Barcelona fans are saying anything to put Ronaldo down or trying to justify why he sucks when he doesn't, soon nobody would realize what you just said because you made no sense. ^
Della (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Well done Portugal, I never seem Spain in such a pacnic playing, they kicked the ball long so many times.
Portugal definatly kept Spanish on theirs toes, Ronaldo is only a human, he needed more help from his team mates, that Oliveira that keeps coming on for Portugal is s**t, Varela should've got in ages ago.
Moutinho is a beast. Hahah
Barcachick (Barcelona) 1 year ago
You are realize when it comes to ronaldo that he is human and needs help from his team mates but when it is messi you all want more from him.... That explains alot...
Shuriken (Benfica Lisbon) 1 year ago
@Barcachick please.... Oh please stop the ronaldo vs. Messi tunnelvision comments already! Really you sound like crazed cult followers, enough is enough....
And really if Messi is a God and so much better than him, why all the comments on a RONALDO's match? You seem strangely butthurt....
Theturningangel (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Mesei is god.... We need to sacrifice CR in the next full moon uuuhahaha Barca cult....
JRangel (Sporting CP Lisbon) 1 year ago
People need to get their facts straight, the coach chose ronaldo for the fifth spot kick, just like he was 5th in the england shoot out of 2006.

Please hate more on Ronaldo, just makes him more of a legend.

Anyway unlucky Portugal, more fortunate Spain, I just hope you guys don't show us another 1-0 final...
It was annoying to hear the english commentators at the end get at Ronaldo for not taking a penalty.... After the entire match, that's all they had to say about him. The coach said he was on for the 5th, how is that hard to understand? Also his penalty ration isn't that great anyway, perhaps they had a different strategy from when he usually goes early. He was one of the best players in the match, people just go way overboard with all the hate. Not sure why
Pito316 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Gutted.... Portugal were so close and just couldn't do it. Moutinho and Alves f****d up. Horrible penalties from both of them. Alves didn't look like he wanted to take a penalty. He had his head down the whole way as he walked towards the penalty spot. I think Nani and other teammates must have noticed he wasn't ready to take it and that's why Nani ran out ahead of him to take the 3rd spot kick. But then Ramos must have shook him even more with that Panenka. I know Ronaldo wanted to take the game winnner, but if he and the other teammates saw that Alves wasn't ready, especially after Ramos' goal, he should have stepped up. As the captain of the team, you'd expect him to think of his team first. I was disappointed. The Portuguese fans deserve a major title and will get it someday. But congrats to Spain and good luck in the final
Alves is a good penalty taker, Nani probably should've let him take it without changing the order. That change may have messed his concentration up a bit. As soon as he stepped up after Nani did that, I knew he'd miss
Pito316 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Maybe. Idk what exactly went wrong, but Alves definitely was shook. I expected better penalties from him and Moutihno
Jermz (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Jermain (Jamaica) (Arsenal F. See)
Ronaldo aint so cocky these days, I think he's starting to look more humble, but for real though, I am an Arsenal man, and when he was on Man you, you all loved him and boasted a bout him, but now he's having bad games y'all are Dising him like that. You guys aren't real Fans, not of the players, club or country, because as soon as something starts going wrong you'll jump ship.come on it clear your only fans because they are wining, y'all are fake ass bitches and most of you Man UTD and Barca fans are like that, not all of you but allot of you. GET REAL. And get of Ronaldo's back he's a person Like every one else
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
He's a person but everybody knows him personally and he's a "self centered asshole, who sux at soccer". People judge him on everything he does, even his celebrations kinda tired of seeing this, just pure blind hatred when he misses a penalty kick or doesn't take it he's a pussy, when he scores it's lucky. People are just retarded
Spainrule (Valencia) 1 year ago
Spain haters need to realize that boring football does not mean it's bad football.
Spain are tactically the best team in the Euros. You may not enjoy their style under Del Bosque cos it's slow and patient, but damn it's an efficient way of playing the sport. Feel bad for Portugal who played a hell of a game and deserved the pass to the finals as much as Spain.
And to the person down there that said that Spain and England have similar football, leave now and never come back
Foballa (AC Milan) 1 year ago
No european team can stop spains freeflowing football, brazil or argentina play kinda similar and will stop them, unless like last world cup spain are lucky not to meet them, an african team like zambia are goood but as usual the organisers can't allow an african team to make it
Topshotta (AC Milan) 1 year ago
I voted awesome for both teams. I can't remember the last time I seen a team pressure Spain the way Portugal did for 90 minutes. What they did takes extraordinary fitness. I think Spain looked a little more direct than they did in previous games so no complaints from me. Their passing never bothered me anyway.

I think Spain really took over with their chances when Pedro came on. They looked a lot better with him out there. Why he's not playing more for club and country I don't know?

Ronaldo's work rate in the game was great, but his set pieces were abysmal! If you're having an off night why not play some balls into the box or let someone else have a strike. A bit selfish on his part.

With another clincal finisher on their side, Portugal might have gone through. They were missing another goal scoring threat besides CR
Emperor90 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Spain played bad as per its standards, but they still played better than Portugal. It astounds me that people say Portugal should've gone through instead. I can't recall a single real Portuguese chance yesterday, at least Spain had some.

In extra time especially, Spain definitely had more spark. They looked to win the game, whereas Portugal seemed to want to take it to penalties...
Cecilialongren (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Why did yhey let f*****g defenders like bruno alves get the penalty?! You could see in that poor guys face he wasn't self-confident about that shot!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football