Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Paraguay V Spain, Jul 3
Higuain (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Lucky spain! Gotta' do better when play against germany...
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Way, way better
BlitzArsenal (Arsenal) 4 years ago
The way they pass was too slow, and what's with iniesta/xavi passing just outside the box. Typical boring barca slow passing game
Playa3c (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Boring? You want excitement go to the movies or an amusement park or just don't watch it, simple. So much for the similar football comparison you gunner fans talk about having with Barca. Haha
@Playa3c. You weren't watching the game were you? Spain were not at all playing to their full potential.... Everything was indeed very slow-paced, almost as if it was a friendly, I would never have believed it to be a quater-final match in the WC.... And thanks for the amusement park offer but I'd rather watch Germany any day.... Now 'they' know how to play the ball fast!
Also, contrary to popular belief, Barca and Arsenal actually have distinct playing styles. I guess most would say Barca's style is better because they get their wins whereas our attacking leaves us too vulnerable at the back, but we move the ball faster, for sure (not necessarily a great thing cos its hard to pull off and really inconsistent)!

But watching Germany play this year, I think they are the best team out there playing the game!
The only games I have missed were the Algeria v Slovania and the other I can't remember. Spain didn't play to their full potential because they had a great opponent in front of them. People always see star players/team and expect them to do everything to perfection without given their opponent the respect they deserve
J4MrOck (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I hope spain their game straight when they germany
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Germany will beat Spain for sure.    Germany-Spain 3-1
Germany sure is the favorite, but nothing is written in football only that there will be 22 players on a field with a ball and a ref
Ira2409 (Juventus) 4 years ago
Thank you for striking again captain obvious!    "Captain obvious, faster than the speed of stupid"
Riajz (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Don't be mad Ira2409 Italy will have a better chance next WC (if they even qualify)...
And two linesmen...
Ira2409 (Juventus) 4 years ago
And a fourth official....    @ Riajz    You worry about England and stitching that 2nd hole that Germany ripped you
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Great Game By Both Sides.... What A Horrible Drama Of Penalties.... When Paraguay's Penalty Was Taken.... 2 Players Were Completely Inside The "D" But The Referee Watches It While Spain's Turn.... As Always David Villa Scored.... But According To The Both Germans And Spain Performance Germany Will.... Yess They Will...
Yes it was dramatic and frustrating but sorry, not great
Spain has no chance in front of Germany performance like this will leave them with a scandalous final score, you'll see!.... And WTF! With Santacruz? He is like the slowest player, he got in and was already tired, not like Valdez he ran like crazy all game, what a shame for him...
Tevez (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Spain are well capable of beating Germany, trust me. They should let Pedro start next game as well as fabergas
"well capable of beating Germany.... " I know we are all elated that Spain is into the next round but realistically speaking, you know, relating to Germany's current form, Spain will need to play eons better than what they have been doing so far.... And YES they MUST start Cesc and Pedro...
You got it right, when they got in (especially Pedro)you could see the difference...
Ejikvkaske (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Torres is a waste of space. If he starts against Germany Spain will probably lose
Agree, he is overrated.... Just like Ronaldo
Ejikvkaske (Arsenal) 4 years ago
He used to be a world class striker, but at this point he looks unfit and completely out of form. Spain simply cannot afford to gamble on him any longer. Germany will punish them
He is just not on form that's all
Yeah, he has the skill but his body doesn't respond...
I hate to say this but I think Spain will lose anyway.... Something isn't right in the team's game, and if we think about the form Germany is in.... The contrast is blinding...
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
The way they are now they don't stand a chance against the Germans, sorry
True but I am sure Spain will play just like the way they played in EURO 2008
Oh Yes, I absolutely agree.... Yes, somehow in the next few days, Torres will also regain his form and Spain will have learnt how to pass properly and hopefully Germany's team will have spent the night before partying so that they lose all their focus in the game.... Maybe we could also pay the linesman to randomly flag any legitimate German goals.... Yep, then Spain are through!
Well done CanonsofArsene! That's what I call a good sarcasm strike!
Spain didn't play well, but they are well capable of beating germany
I know Spain beat Germany in the Euro 2008 Finals but I have to disagree because from what I have seen in this WC, Germany are on a different level. Spain struggled to get to the semis against considerably weaker opponents than what Germany faced - the likes of England and Argentina! Germany's current generation stand alone at the pinnacle, and if Spain are looking to rely on another David Villa goal to get them through to the finals - they might as well pack their bags now!
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Paraguay still has the best socks in South Africa
Too bad they have to go back home now.... But they can leave their socks!
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Spain were very lucky, if spain don't start playing well then Germany will destory them
Giuri (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Wasn't Spain's best game at all, and they gotta' step it up to get past the Germans, but "lucky"? Like, Paraguay was better? Spain should have gotten a(nother) penalty kick and they certainly had most of the posession. Paraguay have played a great world cup, but they weren't the better team tonight.... They just got close to being the more efficient one
You just said it"efficient"...
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Efficient against a team, may not be efficient against another
Demonking (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I don't know what game you guys were watching, but Spain were doing what Spain always does. Except Spain simply was given no room to do their usual work. Paraguay is no push-over, their strategy was working but unfortunately didn't work out until the end.

I agree that Germany is in much better form than any team in the WC. They are relentless and they finish their chances. Although I'm going for Germany to win the WC, I'm not placing my bets on Germany vs. Spain. All I can say is Germany's consistency outweighs Spain's potential. Germany are very organized and structured
[account-removed] 4 years ago
If spain continues to play like this, it will be    Germany VS. Netherlands
Evoked87 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
This 2 teams are the hardest to beat in PES.... To me. Lol. Let's see what psychic octopus says...
Sissoko (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Did you knw sometimes its economical to win with 1-0's to distribute the goals scoring evenly till you win the title with something like 1-0 hahaha.... One way 2 reason
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Spain has only ever done JUST enough to win, they play at your level and then went its do or die they usually do. BUT sometimes they do too late on. Spain has soo much talent but refuse to play the smart football of Germany's blitzkrieg. Spain vs Germany will be the match of the WC indeed

Kick4Life - changing lives through football