Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Italy V Spain, Aug 10
Bobgeldof (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Forza italia!    Were back
NAOTA (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Torres had a concussion and had to leave 15 minutes in D:! Only to get replaced by another Fernando Torres! Erm Llorente >. >
Essien46 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Hope its not bad but we have sturridge stepping up...
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah, we also have this guy called Drogba he isn't bad either
Bluebird (Manchester City) 3 years ago
I think for you guys sturridge will be great this year and you guys have a number of option so nothing to worry about it. Anelka, drogba, sturridge. So no worries
3 years ago
Forza italia! Cassano please continue this form for Milan!
Juninho17 (Atlético Madrid) 3 years ago
Wow Valdez.... He could have made a stronger effort despite him being off balance and already committing to his right. He should have stopped that
Wap2003 (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
He had no chance man. It deflected off the defender and he was already going the other way
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
You idiot.... Have you ever stood in the goal and faced a deflected shot like that? There's no way any human being can still shift his balance after going one way
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Agreed. No way Valdez could do a thing, but the way he gives up feels a little bit funny though. LOL
Mitchel (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
@Jeroen, you are an idiot. That was a soft goal. Even I could have saved it, there was no force on the deflection so he could have easily stretched the other way, whatever, make an attempt.

What a cow, Valdes is
I think he was going another direction and could not move toward ball. Other wise it was easy but he lost his rhythm
3 years ago
@Mitchel, its easy to say when you are not in his position, it was clear he was caught off guard and could not regain his balance. Plus who really cares, spain is lucky they didn't lose by more, if you think that was a soft goal how about the non existent penalty?
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Two idiots don't make a right
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Good job Italy. Glad to see that the Spanish can actually lose a game. Nice try Chiellini ^^
Drumspell (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Another game where the opponent plays over the 100% and Spain not even the 50%. Everybody wants to win against the Champion, not a doubt but after that, they will go back to their normal level.
This doesn't mean I approve Spain's "I don't give a f**k" attitude.
Anyway, well played Italy. I hope you keep like this.
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Well, Italy is Spain's bogey team afterall
Thefrenchy (Olympique Marseille) 3 years ago
Welcome in the real world, when you have won the WC, you become the target. If spain can't assume it, leave it.
And to think that spain "don't give a f**k" about amicals after each defeat, shows the new spanish fans mentality....
Learn about your defeats, others are coming
Of course we learn, for what do you think friendlies are?    Come one the Official games! See ya soon buddy!
Kaloi (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Italy's back!
Not really its just friendly. It will be well known when euro will start
BadTripRich (AS Roma) 3 years ago
You have to be be "back" or "in full motion" long before the tournament starts. Dominating the current world and european champs.... With newbies and youngsters in the mix....

I'd say italy is back.

DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Nice Performance.... At least give Single Chance to Di Natale As well...
Reddevil278 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Spain is falling apart, they've started doing so since the world cup victory. Valdes, shaking my head, what a soft goal, even though there was a deflection
Falling apart? Haha In friendlies? Where they are trying new players with and playing at their 50%?

Come on buddy.... By the way:

2011 Eurocup U19 Spain Champion
2011 Eurocup U21 Spain Champion
2011 World Cup U20 Spain just passed to Quarter Finals!

Bring ON brazil 2014!
3 years ago
I don't agree that spain is falling apart but you really think spain were not trying? They were playing italy not Guadeloupe.come on, I bet you wouldnt be saying that if they won. By the way, this italy is newer than spain, and spain did have alot of starters take part in the match. Both sides took a turn dominating each half, but italy made their dominance count. Remember spain maybe current world champions but italy are 4 time world champions, Spain cared about winning just as much as italy did
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I agree with milanistagirl. Friendlies in international soccer are not the same as friendlies at club level. Each team need to prepare well for their next tournament, in this case the Euro 2012 and each friendly available is going to count. Spain wanted to win just as much as Italy and in my opinion, Italy deserved it. We'll see Euro 12 though. Italy will be a huge threat
Slow down, I'm not saying the opposite, of course Spain will play always to win, but not at the same effort.

Where I'm giving weight, is just that all these teams are showing more effort and playing better when they play against a Champion or for a title, than against other teams even in official matches. And that has been always in history of football!

It's a natural reaction, as well as by the Champions getting a little lazy after winning titles. You can't deny that.

But only officially, The Euro2012 or any other competitions will define the best Team of teams that will be playing at their 100%
JayokDaOne (Werder Bremen) 3 years ago
Poor cows! Shame that they had 2 stop chomping lawn 4 this game...
Mitchel (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
That stupid valdes could have saved the second goal
Zkz424 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lol I dunno which pisses you off the most, saving the goal or the fact that a barca goalie was between the sticks 4 Spain.... C'mon mate that deflection was awful and the goal wasn't the goalie's fault
[account-removed] 3 years ago
His just a bitter cow and yes they are still in business bcoz of casillas...
Omegamune (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Gaaaah awful deflection. I've never kept goal but that has to suck
Achiox (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Goalkeepers' reactions after being scored on (and when their team scores) are the best. Because of that, I voted Aquilani's deflected shot for goal of the week.

Almost as good as Joe Hart's reaction in one of those MLS matches!
Italia311 (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Spain wanted the win just as much as Italy. When it comes down to a high profile friendly like this, you want to win. Don't forget, Italy had a huge downward spiral after the won the world cup.... Its only natural to get a little lazy. I still think Spain is a great team. Only 3 players from the 2006 WC were on the field tonight and this is a whole new setup from 2010 minus Montolivo, Pirlo, De Rossi and Chiellini, so Italy is just as new as this Spanish teams. Well done tonight. Forza Italia!
Peterpan 3 years ago
The penalty kick was just a big gift from the referee to the spaniard, at the end the outcome of this game reflect the real value seen on the field. Forza italia. (Ballottelli plays so superficcially Prandelli should give up on him)

Kick4Life - changing lives through football