Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Croatia V Spain, Jun 18
Meatball (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Love the arabic commentator. This guy is seriously amped up!
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Wolfgang Stark did it again! Two penalties denied to Croatia, what a terrible mistake. Stark is one of the most irregular and controversial referees in the Bundesliga and he showed today his "skills" very well. Croatia deserved more, much more. Shame on you Wolfgang Stark
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Croatia got robbed
Jojosanz (Barcelona) 2 years ago
They would have gotten robbed IF:

1) Spain's goal goal HAD been offside.
2) IF Croatia had scored a goal of their own.

You can't get robbed of what is not yours
PaoloG (Sevilla) 2 years ago
Navas was in an offside position (by a couple of feet at least) when the ball was played to Iniesta, and thus gained an unfair advantage which he used when Iniesta played the ball to him. As I understand the Offside Rule, that nullifies the goal - assuming that the linesman spots and calls it.

However, the Croatian defence didn't exactly bust a gut to catch him; they seemed to be standing around waiting for a flag that never came
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Jojosanz, the term 'got robbed' also refers to being robbed off a penalty, which is quite accurate considering there should've been two penalties for Croatia. And to honest, it's not just Croatia, Greece and Denmark got their share of 'robbing' as well. But hey, it's UEFA, nothing new there...
Claudiozaffuto (Fiorentina) 2 years ago
It does not matter if navas was offside when the ball was played to iniesta, because offside rule only applies to the recipient of the pass. Once received by iniesta, navas, who was behind iniesta when the ball was passed to him was clearly on side. Another controversie might be how iniesta put the ball down, objectively, I think it was clean. And this comes from someone who does not particularly like spain
Drumspell (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
You are right Claudio

Here are the rules #13

Link: www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootbal...
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Today: croatia>spain    Nough said.  
Traviswinn (Spain) 2 years ago
Spain 1, Croatia 0.    Nough said.
Sfc9576 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Herp = derp    Potato
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hey people, Jesus man *tune*
SDCottager13 (Fulham) 2 years ago
Both passes onside.... The whole defensive line shut off? .... Nobody even tried
CarlosZimmerman (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Spain showed that the bright sparks were on the pitch and not in the stands, however hard the disruptive "fans" want to be. Spain go into the knock-out stage and will feel that they can really push on now and raise the level of their game as they never really seemed to extend themselves in the last two. I feel that they will be watching tomorrow, wanting England to top the group, as playing them will be a harder barrier to break down than the French defence.

Link: noeasyfootballblogsatthislevel.blogspot.co.uk/...
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Spain were average, they lacked a lot of creativity and became at times very boring to watch, they should have been down 3-0 if it was not for Casillas.
Croatia also should have had a clear penalty....
Croatia were hard done and really Spain did not deserve this win.
Spain did not play like they played in the World Cup, if they continue to play like this against the likes of the Germans, French, English or the Portuguese then they will loose.
Spain need to play like they played in the world cup, be more energetic, courageous, more creative and critical up in front of the goal.
As for Croatia, well I for one think they played really well.
Bilic was very courageous by bringing up 3 forwards and I think he's a great manager, nowadays we lack of such managers and sometime in the near future he will prove it by winning trophies.
I congratulate the Croats for playing well, they should be proud, cos they did really well.
I also congratulate the Spanish for going through, but I hope they improve so they can play that wonderful football which I enjoy a lot.
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I wish we can play like Euro 2008.... THAT's when we played like a REAL Champion. In wc2010, our performance already slide, quite fortunate to win the WC.
Can't imagine if we can still win this tournament. Underperformed Spain wins the championship? Lol...
Dman97 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Good game croatia    
Barcelonista (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What a Schhhweaatttyyy goal!
KaizerBLUES (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Just proves that it takes a few moments of brilliance to win games.
I feel sorry for Croatia though....
Winning mentality important?
Xaviiniesta (Spain) 2 years ago
I wanna get the english in the next round, for they have no brain in football. All they do is f****n trying and sit back and defend. f****n come out and play the game. And recently they have approached brock lesnar from wwe to play for their national team
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Insightful and thought provoking comment
Chelsea4LifeOSU (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Xaviiniesta can you please remind me how Barcelona were knocked out of the champions league, I kind of forgot. I think it had something to do with some weird and unusual thing called defence
I prefer meeting France than England.... The long ball counter attack can kill our game
@chelsea4lifeOSu, I don't think you watched the game buddy, where they got f****d in the ass, chasing shadows the entire game. If you know anything about this game, then you wouldnt make sucha comment, that somtimes even the best teams in the world could have an off game, and by you guys standard if was a superb performance. You guys didn't win the champions league it was you guys luck that both messi and robben missed the pks. It was one of those kinda victories that your entire bs team wouldnot be daring to step on that field again. They would have nightmares thinking that they got lucky this time and would never have the guts to step on that pitch again. And sorry to say that truth really hurts, and one more thing it was all the foreign players that got them that fluke victory not the english brainless fuckeds
Footymasta (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Xavii your phatetic
Dabowlski (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
Haha Xavi you must be the most butthurt person ever
SRACon17 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
But xavii has quite got a point there. I mean, in that champions league final, chelsea didn't really play like champions. Not that they don't deserve to be, but ask yourselves this, with that performance, do you really think they'll win the champions league again next season? If barca won with their tiki-taka, and with that kind dominance of the game as they showed, I believe that they may win again next season. But I can't say the same for chelsea, you can't deny that they really got lucky
Claudiozaffuto (Fiorentina) 2 years ago
This is a very stupid argument. Chealsea overcame a very clear technical defficit against both Barca and Bayern. But they did it with good, gutsy defending and hart. It was not pretty and I'm not here to argue that it was. But a good orginized defence such as Chealsea's will always beat any attaking scheme. That's why Chelsea beat Barca, organized physical defence, also why Italy gave spain so many problems (game I attended) and why italy has 4 world cups and spain only have 1, and holland the inventors of total football have 0. But that is football, if the best team always won there would be no reason to watch.
P. S. Anyone who thinks the english can defend at either league or international level is a moron (obvious exeption this years chealsea squad but only because they had an italian manager and the players to execute such a style)
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Xaviiniesta, every team has their own style of play k, it's their problem for playing defensively and I that is the best and the only way to play against spain
Sorry guys but not sure why these tards won't allow me to comment directly on their wall. For those of you guys defending chelsea's champions league win, let me tell you guys that you guys probb watch football not play it, in other words you guys are potato couches. Let me ask you guys again, would you dare to play a team again that you narrowly and with total luck beat last time around, especially the game against barca? The answer would come to you automatically if you actually knew this game. For those you guys tat watched the barca and chelshit game, and if you havent go review it again, and tell me how many chances were created by barca and how many chances chelshit had in that game. Before you guys go about saying that its their fault that they couldn't finish, ask urself that was it really the defence tat won them the game or was it the luck? Finally let me review the stats for you valdes completed more passes than the entire chelshits team. Lastly for those chelshits fans, ask urself can you look in that mirror and say that you are a champions league winner and the european champions? I bet you that the answer would be simply no my dear friends. Watch barca and learn and observe the beauty and purity of football. And lastly tell me who attends gym or take roids? Because englands national team and bullshit epl are looking to boost their squads for the upcoming season. Requirment: NO brain needed! THE tryouts starting NEXT month
ArmanUV (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I don't really care about either of these two teams but the referees were awful and a kinda biased: offside Spain goal at 88', obvious Croatia penalty, and 6 vs 0 yellow card?
I don't think you understand the offside rule very well? And if you don't care plzz keep your comments to urself.... And your accusing the european and world champion
Gupta (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Yeah, it wasn't offside
Butters (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I also think, although I may be wrong, that it was offsides. His hand was sticking out, and technically any body part sticking behind the defender counts!

Jetlifari (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Wasn't offside
Sorry but I couldn't reply to the "butters" comment so I had to do it on urs. Butters according to the offside rule the hand does NOT count. So I don't know how you call that an offside
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Your hand doesn't count. Its anybody part that can be used to score
Footymasta (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wasnt offside, shouldve given the penalty though, same play against milan and the ref pointed to the spot for barca. Bullshit realy
Come on, they tried to steal the ball from us and failed, deservedly yellow
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Unlucky Croatia
Osman2793 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Del Bosque is a crap manager
ElPhenomeno01 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Won the Champions League and World Cup? Ha, yeah crap manager indeed. You should add Wenger to that list too
Lol...
RM4TheWin (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Hahahah.... Well that was funny, you were joking right? Facepalm -after hearing his answer-
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Jesus Saves
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
*I believe Navas' name is pronounced like Hesus actually.  
Tjugs6 (CA Boca Juniors) 2 years ago
And what do you think Jesus in Spanish means? Also, when did EdtheFan pronounce it his name? He just wrote it
^ Tjugs6: I think you failed to see that EdTheFan was commenting on his own post. As you can see "jesus saves" is written in English, and therefore might be read as "Gee-sus". He was just pointing out how it's pronounced in Spanish. Ok, no more of this

Kick4Life - changing lives through football