Forums / Spain
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chile V Spain, Jun 25
Madummer (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Que distinto es cuando se juega con la cabeza. Un desastre el primer tiempo chileno, faltas innecesarias why dos regalos claros para españa, que culminaron en los goles. Estrada se merecía la tarjeta, pero no por la "falta" a Torres, menudo piscinazo. Contento por haber logrado la clasificación, pero el juego mostrado en la cancha deja muchas dudas, why me refiero al juego de ámbos equipos
[account-removed] 4 years ago
El mejor ekipo en la cancha no gano hoy. Chile jugo mucho mejor loco
Bueno, lamentablemente por errores why faltas innecesarias, no se gano hoy dia. Es una lastima que dos equipos sudamericanos se tengan que enfrentar en octavos, pero bueno.... Asi es el futbol. Aunque no acostumbre a decir esto.... Mucha suerte a Argentina , why por supuesto al resto de los sudamericanos
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Poor Chile, worked hard to make it through, now they have to deal with Brazil
ArsenalLADD (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Haha, I reckon
Princeobi (Barcelona) 4 years ago

I was very surprised because to be honoust, Spain was lucky to win this match, they were efficient. Chili was very good the first half and this could have been a difficult match if it was 11 against 11. Respect for Chili, they just kept attacking with 10 men, and they managed to keep Spain on their own half in the beginning, this is what we like to see instead of all the defending going on in this world cup
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Yes! Spain qualified!  Though it was a good match from both sides, if Chile would have that sent player off they might have won the match
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That ending was.... Like I wanted to kill everyone on that pitch, Poor Silva just standing there on the sidelines waiting to come on. Spain won't make it to the finals I don't think
RedNgreen 4 years ago
I was sweating there for a minute when chile scored there 1st goal, thank god they didn't win, portugal would have to face a good team then but thank god we get the lisp speaking neighbors, euro 04 all over again
Bilt2spl (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ponce shouldve been booted out with a red card. He got off easy
Ridiculous opinion
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
EspaÑa! Good job guys.... Here we come Portugal!
Cguzman (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Torres is a f*****g hollywood actor! f*****g spanish faggot
SimonJ (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Awful! Just discusting the what they played.... Hope Portugal will give them a hard time
Rossonero (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I agree, the two teams did not show fair play in the last 8 mins, they were training and not playing! Holland and Argentina for the final!
Giuri (Barcelona) 4 years ago
What exactly did you find disgusting? I mean, if you'd said "disappointing" or "subpar", I would slightly disagree while seeing where you're coming from. But disgusting?
@ Rossonero: Ok, the last 8 minutes were crap. But it had been a very intense game and it wasn't like they'd settled for a draw that victimized a chanceless third party à la the famous Germany-Austria match. They looked veeery content towards the end, true, but both teams had put up an 80-minute fight
@ Giuri ummm if by both teams you mean Chile then I would agree
Well, ok, I see your point. Chile fought and Spain reacted. What I mean is, both teams actually played to win until the 80th minute, each in its own way
Passing the ball around in your half, while Chile is watching the beautiful passes of Puyol and the Spanish defenders, I think it deserves the word disgusting, I would accept it for the last 2 mins in injury time or something, not from the 80th min!
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think Chile at times were playing really well, but they just kept making stupid stupid tackles and picked up a stupid amount of cards
I agree, how does it change when you start playing with your head. Sometimes I think these guys are just mentally retarded
The amount of cards Chile has received during this world cup is ridiculous and in no way represents their true beauty of style. Particularly for this game, the ref was incredibly biased to the more expensive team
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
You call kicking like spoiled children a beautiful style?  
Well, Spain's finished first as everyone had expected, but they got there in a way no one had expected. Losing a hugely one-sided first match to a hugely inferior team is theeee worst way of getting into a tournament. It sapped their confidence, and that showed - second game, they were just getting back on their feet via Villa (Torres being in worryingly bad shape), and obviously they managed to beat Honduras; but then, Villa misses a penalty and there's another bummer. Going into the last game, they knew they had to beat the strongest team they were to play in group stage, and it took a strange goal to get them on track.

It's been weird, and it's been very psychological. Many teams are out because they just suck, others qualified comfortably. Spain know and always knew how good they are, yet they were confronted with forebodings of defeat, disappointment and embarrassment very early on. "Nos hemos complicado la vida" is what Marca wrote after the Switzerland game, we've made life complicated for ourselves. That's what it was in my opinion, a complicated group stage. Yet I'm glad they're through and they certainly deserve it.

Now let's hope they've got the confidence to really start playing the furia-roja football I love them for
The silliest red card I have ever seen! I think Torres should have acted like a man and told the referee that he just crashed his own legs together!
Sorry about commenting on everything you say, but since I'm already here: I think there was a slight touch, but I agree it wasn't worthy of booking. However, Estrada should already have been sent off for an earlier challenge when that happened, so I felt it was poetic justice, sorta
Like giuri said, he deserved a booking, but not on that "fault" on torres...
Like Rossonero said, Torres stayed on the ground like a wussy. Spain deserved as many yellows as Chile, but the ref was incredibly biased.  
What a Pussy !
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Chaconche trying doing what torres did. When you fall on the ground like that it really hurts!
^ Disagree Chaconce. The Chileans were much more relentless with their tacklings. They also committed a significantly higher number of fouls, at least according to the stats they showed on TV when I was watching
@ Madummer: Ok this proves me, the ref and others wrong; not that it means that it might not have hurt, since it was a stumble and not a dive. It wasn't a foul then. I am sticking with poetic justice because of Estrada's previous endeavors
He deserved to go out before that so wheter he did touch Torres or not is unimportant.
Also I remember a foul on Xabi by a Chilean player already on a yellow card as well as a penalty on Torres another ref wouldve called
That said Spain was the better team on the field. More chances and more possesion
Gomlee (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That is just as low as you can get. Pathetic! Either way Estrada had it coming, he was playing far too aggressive
I'm not claiming he did´t deserve it, cause the ref could have shown the second yellow card minutes before on a faul at iniesta, and he would have gotten red either way
Chile deserved the victory is what I'm saying. Spain played poorly and got incredibly lucky
PelhamPioneers (Southampton) 4 years ago
This is a ridiculous argument. Whether Estrada "deserved" it or not is not important. The fact is, there was no contact on Torres so, at the end of the day, Torres should have got booked and Estrada should have stayed on. It would have been a completely different game then. I like Torres, but I'm very dissapointed with what he did. That's pretty bad
Rememberthemer (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The contact was obvious. It was never a yellow card, just a footballing incident. But if you keep fouling like the Chileans, you will get called in the end.

Watch this much higher quality clip

There was no contact dude, torres crashed his OWN legs together! He should be ashamed of himself!
Rememberthemer (Liverpool) 4 years ago
You are blind, its obvious if you haven'y already made up your mind
Spain had to resort to flopping, acting, begging and defensive play as they faced a far more prepared Chilean side. I can't believe that even with the extra man, the #2 team in the world could not generate anything, except out of the two Chilean gifts.

It is too bad Chile have to face Brazil in the next round, but I highly doubt that they will make it easy for the worlds #1.

Spain must really train prior to their octavos de final vs Portugal. They showed lack of spirit, and to be honest are not showing themselves as the favorite that everyone wants to see. They did manage to get the 3 points which is what is important, but the best team on the field did not win this match.

Chile is the Darkhorse call, making a huge impression in the world stage
Gomlee (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Obviously they played it safe and were happy with the result as it was, duh.... It doesn't make for an entertaining show but it's good for the spanish to stay clear of brazil for now, they'll be more rested facing portugal aswell. I do agree chile has looked very solid though, but against brazil.... I'm affraid it's the end of the line most likely
Spain most certainly did not come out looking to play it safe. They really could not since if they lost they coulda been out of it.
After their goals they did defend, but I think Spain was incredibly shocked with how well Chile played
This is way bringing Llorente was wrong in the first place.... Who the hell is going to sub Torres when we need 2 strikers?
Pedro? Llorente?

Pedro is an great player but he isn't suited for a 4-4-2 formation (next to Villa)
Llorente is an unmoving giant, much like Peter Crouch, who's only good for headers.
Guiza or even Negredo are who needed to be on the final 23
Osama14 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Good game

Kick4Life - changing lives through football