Forums / Spain U21
Order: Newest / Oldest
Switzerland U21 V Spain U21, Jun 25
Rjcroton (West Bromwich Albion) 3 years ago
Really enjoyable final, I wrote an analysis of the first half here in detail:

Link: footballspeak.com/post/2011/07/01/A-question-of-pe...
Isanch7 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
It's obvious Javi Martinez was the best player on the field by far. He was everywhere. Thiago will be good and had a nice goal but if you watch the game he made a handful of good passes and that's all
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
footytube, change the goal list. There isn't a goalscorer named Tiago in this whole game. It's thiago Alcantara
Kodyx (Juventus) 3 years ago
Typo
3 years ago
Yes Thiago will be staying at Barca! Hope he's a starter half way through the season
Nigoli (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Spain got talent in the future too! Damn!
Maestro7 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thiago! Sign him up Fergie! Can't afford for Barca to let such good talent rot on the bench!
Werobbin (Barcelona) 3 years ago
As of today, Thiago has officially signed a new contract with Barcelona til 2015 with a buyout clause around 90 million. *sigh of relief*
RollArsenal (Olympique Lyon) 3 years ago
2008 UEFA European Nations Cup winner is Spain
2010 World cup winner is spain
2010-2011 UEFA Champions league winner is Barcelona from spain
2011 UEFA U21 championship winner is spain

Really, it doesn't get better than this! Congra spain!
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
No one cares
Drumspell (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
If it was about England, would everybody care?
It's all about envy Drumspell!
Drumspell (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I know bro, too many haters....  
GenghisKahner (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
He's man you. Haha figures. Congrats spain, great run, great game, great goals!
Lkerun (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Good Job Spain!  I am proud of my country even though we lost this last game
ThiaGOOOOOOOOOOL!
MadGnu2 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
It seems like the Spain U21 side has an element of directness that previous Spanish teams have lacked. Make no mistake, there is still the familiar tiki-taka whenever they face teams that sit back and try to soak up pressure, but now it seems there is an added decisiveness in their counter-attacking moves. The Spanish are mastering both facets of the attacking game (countering and keeping possession/breaking down deep-sitting teams) and its a real pleasure to watch
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
If you watch Barça games, you can draw a similar conclusion in good games, but you'll be quick to say 'all the tiki-taka is useless' when they don't perform as well as they usually do.

If a team that plays this modern version of total football wins, it's called the best strategy there is. If they draw or even lose, people say it's absurd and a waste of possession
Justafootyfan (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Thiago Alcantara is going to be an awesome player in the future mark my words, prior to the goal, he was winning balls back, dictating the tempo of the offense, and taking shots on goal. Then he scores a sick goal? He's awesome
Wizie01 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Spain had bad luck in the past always plays with passion now we see all that hard work showing.... Well done
Soccerrenz (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Thiago, please stay at Barca.  Great game for Spain.
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Smart play to get the second goal. Switzerland in the future will be a great team to watch out for
IamRobben (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Can't wait till Spain gets knocked of their throne
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Can't wait to see Fabregas leaving for Barca too.    
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hahaha, burn

Kick4Life - changing lives through football