Forums / Slovakia
Order: Newest / Oldest
Slovakia V Italy, Jun 24
Murda (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Wowww so disapointed with the Italian team I think this is their worst performance ever and their worst team!
What got into Lippi to leave some crucial players back in Italy and bench some players that could have brought some changes in the game!
But it's all good every team has to face crisis like I said before all they need to do is get some new fresh and young players and build a new team!
GunzBlazing (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Don't really know what to say about this match. There were 2 goals that the referee took back that were clearly goals. Had they counted? It would have been 4-3 with Italy going through. But that's football for you. Unpredictable
Yea that goal that the ref called offside honestly I don't see no offside on that one, maybe the assistant ref was drunk! The other one I can understand it's hard to tell if the ball was in or not but the ref are humans they make mistakes just like everybody else!
I'm sorry for Italy this is hard to digest, but Slovakia deserved this win though let's face it!
MEDMANUTDFAN (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He was offside guys. Just get over it. Italy were not ready to play until in the 80th minute and that's not how you play the beautiful game
Frogger (Manchester United) 4 years ago
This sort of argument will continue, until one day FIFA will adapt video replay to help, like other American games. Soccer is a beautiful sports, but is being Fxxked by the ugly rule more than ever
Do you think video replay should be used in soccer? Don't you think it's not going to ruin the beauty of this game?
LVPOOL4LIFE (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think Video replay is great idea they should give each team 2 challenges just like in American football and if you challenge wrongfully you lose a substitution. Plus each review should be 30sec - 1min and that time would be added to the end
Zh1412 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Please, both the goals clearly didn't count. The offside goal was a very very tight desicion only about half the body length was offside. Its amazing how the linesmen saw that one, close but surely offside.

The other one I assume was the one skrtel cleared off the line. The first replay showed nothing until a replay from a different angle was shown. The ball ricochet off skrtel's leg and the whole ball didn't go over the line so it did not count
Marcelolee (Sao Paulo) 4 years ago
Zh1412 is right about the offside the tv make the line by computer and it's offside but the ball I can't tell if pass the line but remember the whole ball has to pass the line to be a goal
Totally agree with lvpool4life. US football rule already gives good example for reference. Video replay doesn't have to be used at all time of a game, but should definitely we reviewed when issuing cards, and decide if a goal stands, also b/c at these moments game always stopped already. Will it waste time? Definitely NOT-haven't you seen how much time are wasted when players arguing, complaining, pretending.... No other games wasted so much time like soccer b/c of NO video replay
And to murda, I don't think video replay will ruin the beauty of soccer. When I saw the players gave all their best and were still treated mistakenly, when I saw tears on their faces.... my heart broke. Sorry I cannot see any beauty from it, and I am so sick and tired of the soccer rule now
Juvefan (Juventus) 4 years ago
We just blew it! Totally shame on defence, midfield and forwards. It will be a lesson for new players. Lack of ambition. What the heck Lippi kept Iaqinta in. Pepe doesn't have creativity. Lippi should have F. Quagliarella let in earlier. If we had qualified for 1/16, we wouldn't move forward with this team!
About the refs: THEY SUCK! Especially assistants! Maan! FIFA brought totally off quality refs. 2 goals from USA. And look at the match here
Gabriel90 (CDSC Cruz Azul) 4 years ago
Big surprise! Now I know what the slovaks are doing in this world cup, playing great football at all levels and kicking out the champions. They were superior since the begining. Good calls by the ref
I agree with Frogger. I like how Americans referee the game. Video replay is the best way
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 4 years ago
Everyone supports the idea after they get shafted by a referee. I think cautions and ejections can be appealed post-match video inspection, if there is legitimate reason or some sort of controversy. Furthermore, players caught diving/simulating should be suspended a game. If the simulation causes a player to be sent off, it should be 2 games. If a goal is scored and it is questionable as to whether or not it fully crossed the line, the center referee should use his walkie-talkie britney spears headset to communicate with a 5th official in a video booth upstairs. Don't get me started on FIFA, corruption, and their policies with the officials.

This is the beautiful game, let's bring back some honor to the pitch
I don't mean just this game. Almost all the games of 2010 world cup had controversial decisions made by referees. I am not trying say that Italy was great. DeRossi was simulating or half simulating we can't say that from here. That is a reflex for all football players. I will see your USA beaten again by Ghana, yo will be commenting here:"there was referee's misjudgment". Obviously, USA has bad luck with referees in this CUP. If it happens again you can not come back against stronger teams
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 4 years ago
I was actually hinting at what happened to kaka in the brazil/ivory coast game. Don't you have a guilty conscience, haha.

USA v Ghana will be an interesting game. Especially, after we played them in 2006. If the officials can call a decent game and we lose, fair play
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Entertaining match with a lot of counter attacking and with many errors, kept on the edge of my seat!
Glad that Slovakia went trough, because Italy did not deserve to go through and in the end they have tried to cheat the ref so they would send the goalie off.
That's what cheaters get, same as the French! Lool
Booba (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Goodbye italy
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Was this really the defending champion?    Ciao Italy!
TorontoGooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
No it was a shell of the cheaters who won in 06!
Flod789 (SK Rapid Wien) 4 years ago
After 4 years you still havent digested the semifinal defeat!
Gizzle (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Bayer Munich worst teem in Europe.... You are friends of Blatter, he is your god father and protector.... BUT WE still HAVE FOUR places AND YOU ONLY three!

You won us (fiorentina) for a scandalous off side-goal.... And you still talk.... Go dress your stupid bavarian dress and GO england!
Hkremixboy (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Italia didn't play the best until last 10 mins, Ciao Itlaia and I wish we will select more younger players for Euro 2012
Spartan (West Ham United) 4 years ago
Good news are there will be new World Champion, sad news are that reigning champions were kicked off the tournament in the group stages by Rugby and Hockey Teams! Outstanding! Never liked their style of game, but this time it was just horrific! Farewell then
Rememberthemer (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Along with France in 2002 this must be the most pathetic defence of a Championship ever.

Italy needed to 2-0 down in their final game before they could fully motivate themselves. We all know they are not the same as the 2006 team who deservedly triumphed, but the 2010 team owed the great tradition of Italian football more integrity
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Italian parody, loosing to Slovakia.... In normal conditions I would be "lol" of Italy, the champions.... Last place into the group stage.... How sad is that?
Muffy (Bayern München) 4 years ago
I'm so happy !
You won't be so happy, if your Germany will be beaten again on decisive game. Like in 2002 and 2006
Palandiell (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Wow, crazy world cup. WHO THE f**k knows WHO WILL WIN IT? ITS ALL OPEN BABY!

But it is kind of sad to see the winnersof 06 to play such horrible football for about 70 minutes. Same goes for the vice champion just they played 92 minutes of horrible football
Flod789 (SK Rapid Wien) 4 years ago
And for the third placed! Hehe. No I'm just kidding

Kick4Life - changing lives through football