Forums / Slovakia
Order: Newest / Oldest
New Zealand V Slovakia, Jun 15
Pusky (Olympique Lyon) 4 years ago
Why?!.... I hate you new zeland
NZLfootballer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Go New zealand! What a performance from a team rank 78th against 34th! GO REID YOU deserved IT, defend WELL AND scored A GOAL FOR NEW zealand! So proud OF YOU! AND SO everyone BACK AT HOME
DontGiveUp (MŠK Žilina) 4 years ago
Deserve what.... C'mon pff :`(
Come on, show us some love, this means a lot to us back at home. We are a rugby nation, getting into the world cup is all we asked, BUT scoring a goal against Slovakia, no words can explain how I feel
Sufferjoy2 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Definitely deserved it, no flare, no stars, just a team performing the best they could. Well done NZ!
Finally someone understand. Thanks mate
R9Phenomenon (Chelsea) 4 years ago
They are bettr than the aussies.... To be frank they play well as a team.... Congrats @NZLfootballer
Cheers mate
Tbiggins (Vissel Kobe) 4 years ago
Good luck NZ! I'll be supporting
Spotila (Wellington Phoenix) 4 years ago
2 of our players don't even play for any club, and one hasn't played for a club in 2 years - yet a draw against and epic team like Slovakia!? On ya lads
Now that's a typical eg. For the big guns who have disappointed and failed to perform as a team, especially France, England, Italy and it is called NZL.... No big names, No real pace, just good understanding of players around you, Short passes, Excellent at crossing, very resilient.... They were able to level up in the 93rd min. 'cause they play as a team....

Shame on some of the so called big guns who came to SA with their big Ego's disappointing millions of fans.... Watch NZL that's what a team is.... No Magic but a gud team.... And till now the most exciting finish to a match in WC.... I loved it
Xero9 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Well said
Liverpudian (Liverpool) 4 years ago
"Now that's a typical eg. For the big guns who have disappointed and failed to perform as a team, especially France, england, Italy and it is called NZL"

I think that England played very well. They played with USA and USA are very good team. England almost won this game but their goalkeeper did mistake.

Other big countrys who didn't failed, played against weaker teams too Like Germany, they beated Australia but Australia is definetly weaker than USA. If England would have played against Australia then England definetly would beaten them.

So my point is that England didn't failed they were just unlucky

NB! Sorry for bad english
@Liverpudian - It wud be insane for any England fan to say that they played well.... You can't expect just your fav. Team to be tough and best.... So sayin USA are gud and Aus are kinna Ok doesn't solves the problems for England....

Big hype can be created by press around teams and players but those 90 mins make things very clear to fans.... Personally, I can't see England winning with what Beckanbauer quite rightly described as 'Kick and Rush' football which is very much evident with presence of useless Heskey....
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 4 years ago
Great result NZL!
Shows why slovenia and slovakia shouldnt be at the WC in first place when teams like sweden, croatia and turkey (or even belgium lol) sit at home
Pusky (Olympique Lyon) 4 years ago
LOL.... It's sweden's, croatia's and turkey's fault not slovakia's or slovenia's.... This comment above is stupid
Have you looked at the qualifying groups?  Solvenia and slovakia have practically gotten the qualification as a gift
DontGiveUp (MŠK Žilina) 4 years ago
Sweden, croatia, turkey and belgium are not there because. They sux hard...
Lol and slovakia apparently even more by "losing" the game to NZL.
Don't want to play down NZLs efforts but slovenia, slovakia and greece were by far the worst european teams so far.... All their games were horrendous.
Bb second round for all of you
Mjay83 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Slovakia actually have some talented players but I think they underestimated NZL
StefanJay (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Slovakia played some good football, they just didn't finish off their chances and I think they will edge out Paraguay and reach the knockout round
Ye they have weiss and hamsik. But I'm still not convinced.... Srry if I offended someone
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Nice game but italy and paraguay will be eighth-finals
Spartan (West Ham United) 4 years ago
C'mon New Zeland show some more goal like one or two to the Buffon and a company
Tah77 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Omg if new zealand manages to tie italy i'll be soooooooooo happy
Oldglory0002 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Slovakia really needed a WIN, not a draw, not an average performance but a win. They're in serious trouble right now, going up against the Italians and Paraguayans.... Don't mean to be negative, but this very well be the downfall of the Slovakian side. Truth be told, I was hoping to see this particular underdog squeeze its way into the second round, but it really doesn't look very likely anymore.... Probably Italy and Paraguay now
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 4 years ago
Talk about fighting till the very last minutes, they never gave up and they deserve credit for that. That result is a clear evidence that the names don't play and very often it is sheer ambition and determination that can tip the scales to one's side. Well done Kiwis!
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Nice game especially from Slovaks...
Arron (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Well happy for New Zealand true under dogs
AhmadSK (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Well New Zealand, you really had me doubting, hopefully NZ can do well in their group
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Congrats New Zealand!
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Congrats New Zealand, like someone said NZ its a country of rugby who doesn't even got a professional league.... Not bad at all.... WELL DONE
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Not a great game, but fair play to new zealand, they kept going, but I can't see any hope for either of these two teams, they are well out of their depth in this competition.
But they earned the right to be there, so good luck to them

Kick4Life - changing lives through football