Forums / Slovakia
Order: Newest / Oldest
Netherlands V Slovakia, Jun 28
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Holland qualifies without forcing his talent, this eighth-finals resembled a group match
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I can't believe you couldn't keep a clean sheet and not get a yellow card! You cost me 10 pts!
Flyhigher (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Looking forward to netherland vs brazil! This is the real challenge for the oranges!
Oldglory0002 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Don't count Chile out just yet.... If there's one thing this WC has taught us, it's to expect the unexpected. But God, I hope Brazil wins just to see such a great match-up. It really would/will be a great game
Bilt2spl (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Arjen robben is back!
DontGiveUp (MŠK Žilina) 4 years ago
I wanna thx our svk players for this WC, they did more then everyone expected. Still I'm bit sad because. Holland wasnt unbeatable today ;[
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Too true! The Slovaks were indeed fabulous and were unlucky not to progress today against a stubborn Holland side! At least you crushed the Italians!
Oldglory0002 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
No surprises here. Slovakia played well, but the Dutch are just too much to handle for most teams. There is no shame in losing to an excellent side such as this. I expected a little more lop-sided scoreline, to be honest, but a win is a win. I'd like to see Brazil win today.... Some great matches are coming up in the next round: Argentina/Germany, Brazil? /Netherlands.... This WC keeps on getting better
Damu42km 4 years ago
Superb game from both teams and they played neck to neck till the last whistle. What a performance from Robben, he is surely the King of the Wing. His dribbling was very beautiful to watch and goal was of very high class. His return from injury was a great boost for the oranje squad. New boys from Slovakia also played well. But their lack of concentration paved way for the Holland’s second goal. They played like a team that had came to the World Cup to win everything they can and on course of their campaign they won many hearts. Next match the quaterfinals between Holland & Brazil going to be a splendid game
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Was a entertaining match.
The Dutch played slightly better than the Slovakians, but will not be enough against the Brazilians, because they showed a mighty performance against a very good Chile side!
Adonaii (Santos) 4 years ago
Wwwwooooooooooooo!  Pound It Bro!
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 4 years ago
When are ppl gonna' learn to force robben to his right foot
AnaBolica (1. Kaiserslautern) 4 years ago
So true. I'm watching every game of Bayern München: He always does that one trick and it works so often. Fascinating.
[account-removed] 4 years ago
I'm sure they have thought about it and tried but its just not that simple they guy is to fast man
That goal was really well worked. You guys should take another look and you will see how V. Persie did that decoy run, creating that fraction of space for the otherwise "cornered" Robben, and the execution was masterful
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Ja, All germanic nations qualified to quater netherlands & germany !    Go, go, go deutsh & dutch !
Denmark doesn't count?
Teccomin (Bayern München) 4 years ago
And Switzerland
So did all South American teams, except Chile but in that case, it was between them or Brazil, so we can overlook that little detail!
Adonaii (Santos) 4 years ago
Vamos Vamos, Brazzziillll, Vamos Vamos A Derrotar!
Shataranga (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I think Vittek dived...
No that was a pk.... He hit the ground pretty hard actually lol
DontGiveUp (MŠK Žilina) 4 years ago
Was Jakubko afaik
Vittek didn't "dive" by standard defitions. He just "forgot" his foot, which is really cheeky and shrewd than actually cheating. But I'd rather he'd taken those two glorious chances he got earlier in the game...
Princeobi (Barcelona) 4 years ago

Wasn't a dive but like Canons says he was looking for the arm of the keeper and found it. But they failed to finish the 2 huge chances they had. I don't think Robben is gonna' get that much space against Brazil, you should already know that Robben comes inside and shoots with his left foot lol
Netherlands offence is in my opinion one of the 3 best of the world, with a briliant Robben is everything possible, the defence has good days and bad days, hopefully good d. Vs brazil.
Good luck and greetings from germany !
Muffinman (Ajax) 4 years ago
It was a dive, he put his foot purposefully in the keepers' hands which were not making contact with him at first. Woops this answer is for the comment below!
Scavenger894 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Netherlands don't even look close to full pace, looking forward to brazil vs netherlands hoepfully they will really turn up the heat
Yeap, you can count on both sides really bringing in everything to the game! It just gets better, doesn't it?
Dunno how anyone could rate the netherlands perfromance great. They got ripped apart on defence in the second half. They were bailed out by slovakia's lack of compusure in front of goal. The dutch'll need to shore that up defence and improve their finishing. Brazil will show no mercy.

I was really impressed with slovakia! They played well despite bad finishing
I agree here. Vittek, their top scorer, is a decent player by all measures, getting himself into exactly the right position, but I really wish he had taken those chances - would've added the extra flavour to the game. The Slovaks have a really decent side though; overall they had a good tournament, I say.

I share your thoughts on how Holand weren't awesome, or even great in this game, and in fact, all tournament. They've been getting the results all the way but they lack that flair. And against a side like Brazil, this will prove crucial! Brazil of course have a much more resolute defence now, and as always, have a great attacking style, that's especially deadly on the counter! Should be a fantastic game!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football