Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
There Should Be A Notification If Someone Replies In A Comment Thread
Anhad (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Whenever I log back after a few hours and try to see if someone replied back on my comment, I need to go on my homepage and then click the video / chat where I commented. By then a lot of people have commented, so my comment is usually buried in page 3 or 4. So I end up wasting a few minutes trying to locate my previous comment and then see if someone has replied. It would be great if:
1. Clicking our comment on our profile homepage takes us exactly to the page where we commented, no matter how deep it is buried in the comments.

2. Whenever someone comments, a notification is sent / In our profile, Recent Activity, rather than showing our comment, you can display the entire thread, so its easy to know if someone else commented on it or not?

Thanks and hope others find this a useful suggestion

~Anhad
Lumileppardi (Swansea City) 3 years ago
I was thinking exactly the same thing just 10 mins ago! Facebookesque notifications would indeed be da bomb...
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
This is so right! I seriously want a notification here, And if they do I would play it for hours!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
We are looking at overhauling the comments system so that it becomes easier to find your own and the last post which can sometimes become a bit tricky.

I think if we displayed the entire thread on your profile it would become very messy and if you have comments going in 3-4 different forums would become equally unmanagable. We will look at the possibility of notifying you when a reply has been made and providing a link
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
But it would be really usefull
Anhad (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thank you. I can understand there would be a lot of issues to tackle, but I'm glad to know that some kind of an improvement is under consideration. Thanks again for whatever you have done so far!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football