Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
Status Appeals
[account-removed] 2 weeks ago
Hi KGB! My bad for the awkward attempt. You can delete this account. Sorry for the trouble
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 2 weeks ago
Sensible response mate, just be aware any further duplicate accounts may result in the loss of your main United account. I'll remove the Leira account, enjoy the site
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 3 weeks ago
If what I said isn't reasonable to you then I don't need to frequent this website anymore. Honestly, this whole event has left such a bad taste in my mouth about this website that I'm not even sure if I'll make regular posts like I did before even if you take me off status
Sorry. I believe in a free and fair dialogue. If you ask me to be careful in how I respond to people and not insult them even if they're being absolute dipshits, that's fair. I can control myself. If you try to control my speech by deciding what I post about barca or any other football event then I can't subscribe to it. I don't care about the Madrid page and as it is I've reduced my comments there. So not commenting there doesn't make a difference to me. I was born in India and one of the reasons why I moved to USA was because I thought Indians were to uptight for me. If I can change countries because of my belief in free speech then do you think I'll conform to your limitations? No. Like I said, if you tell me to watch my mouth and not get into conflict with others, that's absolutely fair. If you tell me to not go on other pages to criticize anyone, that's okay. But if you tell me if some guy comes to barca page and I can't respond to him with well articulated arguments then I don't think I need to share my opinion with anyone here. I think you have a job to do to please a whole bunch of people and that's none of my business. But apart from expecting me to behave in a civilized manner, nothing that limits my speech is acceptable to me
I understand that you agree not the court of law but you guys probably need to be a bit more careful about how you deal with people. Yes, bad language or bad behavior shouldn't be accepted but threatening someone is much more serious than bad language. You deleted my replies to him on my wall but left his threats on. Funny thing is he started the whole thing and he is the one who made it personal by bringing his ex wife into it. Then he went about soliciting sympathy by posting on the forum about getting banned. Read through the thread and you'll realize that he was the one taking it up a notch each time. Also you won't realize it but he kept editing his post again and again. When I took the bait and blew his head off, he got offended. Then he goes telling everyone how he took the bait pretending to be the victim. Not sure how telling someone "you're like my ex wife changing topic (even though he was deviating)" makes him the victim when someone responds to him. Honestly, I don't have time for this. I have a business to run and it's a big waste of time for me meddling with these people. I come here to talk to other barca fans. Occasionally I respond to Madrid fans which is a big mistake. Funnily enough, if you scroll back on Madrid forum I have very free posts compared to other cules posting lot of offensive stuff. People post penaldo jokes on barca forum which you subscribe to and you leave a comment for me about the same thing which I discussed with pejvi in a decent manner. Sorry, I can't submit to such moderation. I've had people flag me because I posted "lol" in response to homer posts. You guys really need to chill out. I've apologized despite of someone else being a douche and threatening me. I'm out
Tanmay 3 weeks ago
"you guys probably need to.... " - Thanks for the input, I'll keep it in mind. But as I said earlier, this is not a negotiation or an argument where pointing out my faults will get you off the hook. You have been asked to follow certain rules and I suggest to concentrate on talking about them right now.

"my comment was deleted and Tharius' wasn't" - That's because your comments need to be pre-approved before they appear on your page, whereas his comments don't. (That's a precatuionary measure). The person who deleted your post probably didn't actually go to your page to see Tharius' original comment. So, as I said before, time constraints and mods actually having a life led to that discrepancy. The world isn't out to get you.

Edit: In general, I would love it if you reported these actions by Tharius when they happened, instead of using them to defend yourself once you're in the dock. Which brings me back to Kgb's and my old point: it's not your responsibility to counter trolls. From our point of view, there is no difference between someone who's trolling and a counter-troll, and we'll punish the person whose absence will make the whole thing stop.
----

Now that I've commented on your grievances, here is what is going to happen. You are banned from the Madrid page, and you are not allowed to talk about Madrid issues on the Barca page, even when others are talking about it. If Messi doesn't get a penalty you can comment about that on the Barca page, but without drawing a comparison with what happened in a Madrid game. If Ronaldo dives, tell your niece about it offline. Further, I don't want to see you defend the Barca name anywhere on this website. If a Chelsea fan comes and says Messi sucks, and you get into an argument with him, you're banned. If a Chelsea fan says on his own page that Barca players are divers and you go there to defend them, you're banned. On top of all this, you have to listen to mods and not argue with them. This last condition does not mean you have to suck up to me or respect me or any other mod. It just means that when we speak to you AS MODS, you have to listen. Is this understood? Because these are the only terms on which I'm going to take you off status.

Are these rules unfair and targeted to you? Let me be very clear: they are, and they will apply exclusively to you, at least for the next six months. If you don't agree with them, you can find another website; simple as that
In case he scrubs it before you read it:

Tharius(Real Madrid)5 hours ago
You a pretty tough guy with your smart remarks arent you sitting behind your laptop arent you you piece of s**t, man you are one lucky bitch.

Great with your mouth but when you have to walk the walk tuck tail and run
----
What's your policy on cussing and making threats?
Tanmay 3 weeks ago
Mate, first and foremost our policy is not to let someone on status hold us hostage by pointing out other people's lapses. Understand this, that there is no way out of this except by admitting your mistake and changing your behavior ** dramatically **. It isn't merely that you "crossed the line". The problem is that you have your own conception of where the line is. When mods try to tell you something, you don't pay any attention to what they said and continue to act as if it's your personal responsibility to correct every misguided soul in the internet. footytube is not rant central where you can show up every matchday to tell everyone what's what wih regard to a foul or a penalty call. It's a place for discussion, not daily, endless tirades which lower the standard of discussion and make life difficult for mods. If you continue to defend this kind of behaviour, you can forget about getting off status
Tanmay, please read my post above the last one where I actually admitted what you're actually asking me to do. I'm not doing it because I need to show you or anyone that I'm sorry but because I'm man enough to treatise l realize when I cross the line. In this case I do think there was no need to say what I said. In case you haven't realized it I gave reduced commenting on a lot of things on the Madrid forum because of this very issue. There are people on their board who love to dish it but her offended when someone goes in the same direction as them. This particular exchange started with him trying to be funny by taking shots at me. My mistake was that I went all out which was totally unnecessary on my part.

Being rude and obnoxious is not acceptable and I'm guilty of it but I'm sure you know as a mod that when someone starts inching towards threatening someone, it reaches a completely different status which requires policing of a different kind. I'm not saying that he has intent to harm but in the real world a threatening words are considered more serious than a childish joke.

You wrote on my wall about my comment regarding some penalty call. I can show you several posts by barca fans as well as Madrid fans which are worse than mine. This is a private website and I understand you can make rules as you please without having to conform to my opinions of what is right or wrong but please don't tell me I'm making your life difficult while you allow others to have pissing parties. Anyway, it is what it is. I said something wrong. Now you can scrub it off and move on or do as you please
Tanmay 3 weeks ago
Okay, I appreciate that you realized your mistake, that was big of you. As for the rest of your comment, it is riddled with the kind of things which lead me to think that you are the problem in a lot of the situations in the barca- madris forums, so lemme elaborate.

#1 we are not the court of law. Please internalize this little fact. We do not have the resources or the will to be completely fair to everyone all the time. If you are going to say "but what about" every time I intervene, that's the same thing as not listening. But this does not mean we are being arbitrary. Moderating is not about punishing people. When a bunch of users have "Pissing parties", as you say, our job is not to punish everyone but to stop the problem. In my judgement, you are sometimes the instigator of long bitter arguments, sometimes not, but you are always adding fuel to the fire. That's why I come and talk to you. I can't remember the last time I saw you let anything go once you've made your point. No, you'll come back and make it again and again until everybody loses their cool. The resulting acrimony stays for days and contaminates a number of other conversations.

#2 despite what I said, we do take action against others too you know. Recently I put Mt on status - twice - because he was causing the same problems I described here. Now you'll remember you were actively involved in all the debates with MT, but did I come after you? No. So please don't harbour this notion that you're being unfairly targeted. As long as a user is not trolling outright (which I agree you usually don't do) we pick a part of the problem, and try to deal with that. In recent times, you have been a big part of the problem. I hope you understand that
Okay maybe I took it too far with the jokes but seriously? Did you read the thread? He's the one who started talking about his ex-wife. And I do understand that this particular comment could be against the policies of the website but all along I thought we just taking shots through sarcasm.

Anyway, I realize I crossed the line, I apologize. Make sure you read what he wrote oh my wall and let me know if you're putting him on status too?
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 1 month ago
What is this? Why am I banned? I'm not even sure what I posted that hurt some of these sensitive people?
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 1 month ago
Not too sure mate but it's been rectified now. We apologise for the inconvenience. If I had to guess, I'd blame it on the touch screen of a mod using his mobile phone while looking at your profile.
[account-removed] 1 month ago
@Kgb112:

Okay Man I understand your explanation. This website sucks sometimes. Still don't get it if your comment got deleted what the need was to edit my comment anyway it is just that I feel that as a Mod you guys are supposed to set certain examples. Aren't you? Still I'm okay with what you did.

@Zilch

"Still trolling you ass face? Butt hurt much? GFY!"

Explanation:
For the record: that was the comment on which I was warned. I made two comments if I remember correctly both back to back (before being warned). It's your footytube issue mods which may give you an impression that the second comment has been made later.

"Okay I'll do that but then you make me a Moderator as well. Done?

Regards
Stupid"

Explanation:
That was a joke. Go get some life.

Finally I can't understand why account has been restarted?
It is not a case of it being not removed at all.
It got removed and then it is back.
Why?
You guys call yourself moderators so please have some regard for other people's privacy and remove my account for ever rather than initiating it again and again waiting for me to come and beg you for mercy. I promise you I won't come back with an account on this website as you guys have left enough impression on me to not to do that in future.

Please remove MY account I BEG YOU.
Thanks

I had my reasons not to remove your account right away. I will now do so. You need to work on when it's appropriate to make a joke and when to show some respect. Have a nice life
[account-removed] 1 month ago
I was rude to kgb? Did he come crying to you Zilch? That was my very very first warning and then without me repeating anything he (kgb) edited my comment to 'I smell' and then commented on it that 'He knows that I smell'. Yet no action against him. Wow! Anyway I'm sorry. Who am I fighting with? Please I want out of this farce asap. Remove my account
Kgb112 (Footytube Moderator) 1 month ago
Ugh, I just wrote a long response and it disappeared when I hit "reply".

Here's the gist:

I didn't go crying to Zilch. I've been a mod longer than he has, and more importantly all the mods are on the same level and we all have the same decision making ability. Zilch happened to see this exchange and brought it up to the rest of the group and they felt more action was merited.

All I want is for you to communicate that you will avoid being so aggressive towards other users going forward.

I apologize if my edit fueled the fire.

After giving you a reasonable, calm, but direct warning you responded with "yawn". So I elected to try and use humor and basically just let everything go, but the rest of the mod community felt that your initial comments coupled with your dismissing of my warning merited status
@Kgb112

"Okay I'll do that but then you make me a Moderator as well. Done?

Regards
Stupid"

@Moeb8:

Still trolling you ass face? Butt hurt much? GFY!

Comments like that ^ After being warned are why I feel you're not much more than a smart ass who doesn't care. Hence Status
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 1 month ago
I just found out that I got put on automod. Could I get my account back to normal please? I have been on footytube for years and became a pro member on here also. I never go and try and cause trouble. I just like to have a bit of banter. I would rather stay on footytube because I meet some really good mates on here. But If I can't get my account back to normal I would rather cancel my donations and leave for good.

Thanks
Colinmc (Liverpool) 4 months ago
Well I have to appeal. I'm put on status by a Chelsea mod after giving lip to a Chelsea poster who's entire mission in life is to troll everybody. Guy makes an image of Gerrard slipping and then posts nothing but troll posts and links to things designed to inflame for weeks then has the nerve to report me. Unreal. He deserved exactly what I said to him for his actions and more. Frankly, KGB shouldn't be allowed to make that decision either
And of course he immediately changed his profile pic before reporting as well. Convenient
And now there is some kind of error with the posting system. Let it be known that I only hit post once if at all
I'd also like to take this opportunity to report Bloom, despite the fact that I know nothing will be done about it. He called me an imbecile twice, roughly equivalent to stupid twat. He threatened two mods into trying to get his way with his nice little "or else" touch. He also trolled pretty much exclusively for a couple weeks, also against the rules.

As for his cry of racism, well, looks like I got 'stupid twat' right on the money since the comment referenced some unknown country with literally not an iota of a comment about race or people other than him generally. But it looks like he found a taker to fit the square peg into a round hole. I'm sure my African wife will be glad to know she's married to a racist, I'll be sure to tell her for bloom. Of course I am just assuming because Bloom was so up in arms that he might be of African decent. He could be asian, south american, even English caucasian for all I know and found it 'offensive' that I just described West London as a sh!Thole.

If that's what he or anybody thinks is 'racist' then he is a lucky man having very apparently not actually experienced it himself. I have had it said to my face, numerous occasions, so you'll have to pardon me if I don't have high tolerance for this kind of ploy. Crying racism and then making threats until a user is banned should be another bannable offense but I won't wait around for that revelation
Kgb112 (Footytube Moderator) 4 months ago
Colin,

You're heated, I get it. But I hope you'll realize by the end of this that you've not given enough credit to us mods. I'll repeat what I posted on your wall, no decision is made by a single mod; we always confer with each other. As my first comment on your wall states, you were put on status for the aggressive comment. Under no circumstance is such a comment ok. I understand that you think his behavior merited your response, and if you are of the mindset that you'd do it again in a similar circumstance, fine, but realize that it will have consequences every time. In fact, repeats of this exact thing will quickly lead to a ban. So again I'll say, use the report button.

Regarding his claim of racism:
As I've already posted on your wall, the mods agree with you that you did not have racist intent. It was a murky issue because we did not immediately know things like if you were actually aware of his nationality or not. We've banned members in the past for saying similar things, but the difference is that they were calling out specific countries and clearly expounding disparaging views and you have not done that. I apologize if this hit a nerve. Please consider what I originally posted on your wall: *"Furthermore, the mods will be discussing if your appeal for him to go back to "whatever sh!T hole country [he] is from" should be deemed as racist. In that event, you'll likely face a ban. "* I only identified the fact that the mods would be considering the implications of your comment. Which is what we did, and we agreed with your defence. I purposefully did not accuse you of anything because I knew it would take some consideration and I take great care to not be flippant with my words.

Regarding Bloom:
Please don't worry about him. The mods will be speaking with him, but that does not need to be your concern. Similarly, we will say the same thing to him. My initial response to this situation came before I noticed his comments on Zilch's and my wall.

Going forward:
We need you to give us some assurance that you won't go off the handle again. Let us know if you understand that future reactions will be met with more time in status and a increased risk of being banned. We can move forward and reestablish your commenting abilities once this happens.

Again, I realize the high intensity in this situation, so please let us know if you still feel like this is unfair or if you have other concerns. As I hope I've demonstrated, we mods endeavor to be reasonable and objective in how we deal with such situations
Status me for aggressive comments, sure I am fine with that. They were aggressive and meant to be so. I don't have a problem with myself being on status for that.

I do have a problem with Bloom not being on status. Right about now, I wish I had reported him instead of handling it myself with my aggressive response. Had I known he was immediately turn coward and go running to the mods after I gave him a reason to report me I would have just reported him. I gave him a courtesy by just responding directly to him and I won't be doing that with him again since he is not a stand up guy.

As for Blooms cries of 'racism', I'm still hot about that. I will probably be pissed off about that for another few days. I don't think there is anything more infuriating in the world to me than some blanket, obvious ploy like that using a serious issue that me and my own wife have felt very much ourselves. I don't even want to think about what I would do or say if he were in my presence after that garbage. It is cowardice and deviance plain and simple. Pissed off doesn't even accurately describe my opinion of that.

As for what I did, bad decision. Next time I will just report him, and if I want to share my opinion of him with him, I will find a private way to do it that doesn't infringe on the public boards. It was an obvious troll attempt on his part and he had been trying to get under people's skin for a while. He directly responded to one of my posts with his obvious troll as well so he sought it out. Then he covered his tracks afterwards. That said, I will just report it.

I also apologize for singling you out, just seemed a bit suspicious when he is who he is and you are who you are and then there are crazy allegations of 'racism' attached. Seemed like a real set up at that point. I was wrong and hot under the collar about that, obviously
Well I assume I'll be on status for a bit so enjoy the world cup mods
Kgb112 (Footytube Moderator) 4 months ago
Thank you again for your mature responses. I appreciate the apology, and you are completely forgiven.

We'll talk about your status and get back to you on when we'll take you off soon. Whatever we decide, rest easy that it won't be weeks. We're talking day(s) not weeks
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 4 months ago
Just touching on Kgb being the one who responded, it's merely circumstance. Bloom posted on my wall and Kgb's and he logged on before I did and instead saw the reported comment, before he saw the wall post. Mods respond to problems on every page and it's just a case of whoever's active at the time. I'm an Arsenal fan and I deal with fans all over the site, we're not limited to the team we follow
TheWilf (Manchester United) 5 months ago
Please Please un ban me I really want to be a part of this website it shows you how desperate I am to be back on this site I won't troll again just give me a chance please.
Sorry
Zilch (Footytube Staff) 5 months ago
Racist, homophobic comments, abusing others.... Mate you managed at least 2 red cards on this site. I don't care how sorry you are, you will never be welcome back. Find another site for your football fix
TheWilf (Manchester United) 5 months ago
I was never racist or homophobic I just won't abuse again c'mon Zilch one more please
Good thing I have a record of your past comments to prove that you're lying about not being racist or homophobic

"and it states that its at old Trafford you f**king fag"

Does anyone realise what Ronaldo (CR7) is going to do to Israel he hates the f**king guts out of them because of what they caused and I hate them aswell f**king hate Israel"

Those are your comments, we don't want that kind of rude, racist, homophobic and disrespectful behavior here thanks. You are not welcome back and never will be.
MarcoVanHelzer (Bayern München) 5 months ago
Tanmay can you please let me off this restriction there has to be some misunderstanding. I did not intentionally "troll" cheshire cat and I wish to appeal this decision. If Cheshire was offended I apologize immediately for any grievances I caused
BluesRising (Chelsea) 5 months ago
Mr Zilch please remove any restrictions you put on my account. I don't know Buccaneer and I have been following weaintgotnohistory and this site for a few months now and just decided to join last month to make my own contribution and partake in the banter. Shouldnt you message me first before actually suspending my account?
Well look I apologise for the inconvenience caused but users don't often look at their walls and I wanted your attention. What I will do is take you off Status as I have your attention and we will try to look into this and resolve it as it's a very odd occurrence. So I'll take you off but we may contact you on your wall again so be on the lookout. Once again I apologise for the inconvenience but this issue must be resolved. IP addresses don't usually lie and this is very strange
BluesRising (Chelsea) 5 months ago
Thanks for letting me off the restriction.... Feel free to investigate mate
[account-removed] 5 months ago
Apologies for my past indiscretions.... What do I do to get off status?
Nothing. You were banned for very good reason, constant abusive efforts and a massive argument on the Premier League page where you insulted about 5 different users and myself. Not to mention I happen to know you were previously banned under another user name for abuse "joseblues". You're banned mate, you blew it. You aren't welcome on footytube and any new accounts will be banned immediately

Kick4Life - changing lives through football