Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spoilers
Staplovich (Southampton) 2 years ago
The new interface is nice and slick, but I no longer see where you can select to turn spoilers on or off--does anyone know where this option is located in the new interface?
RingCinema (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I want spoilers off too. Where is it please?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I too like the new-look footytube, but I am missing my spoilers off feature. It was my favorite thing about the site. Can we still turn off the spoilers?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
The spoilers on/off functionality had been removed from the new header due to the amount of data on the site that is out of our control.

With the increase in news and articles (more coming in the next update too) around the site which we cannot check to see if it contains spoiler information it was deemed that we could no longer support this feature.

We are listening to the users and if we do get enough calling for its return we will see what we can do
RingCinema (Arsenal) 2 years ago
You are missing a major chance to set yourself apart from other sources. I know where to go to see a reel, but to have the chance to watch with the excitement of the outcome in doubt is not available elsewhere. Instead of turning away from spoilers off, I'd like to suggest you go in exactly the opposite direction: design a tab that offers videos only, spoilers off, without content links that are spoilers. Those of us who want spoilers off are a significant potential audience. This is an opportunity for you. Please take it
JLION (Arsenal) 2 years ago
PLEASE GIVE A SPOILERS OFF OPTION! HAVE USED AND LOVED YOUR SITE FOR YEARS. MAJOR PART IS DUE TO THIS FEATURE. REALLY MISS IT AND HOPE YOU CAN RETURN IT! PLEASE! THANK YOU
Cgate (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Add my vote to the return of spoilers off! Even it is a restricted set of videos. Or, if that is too much work still, then at least on the pages for each league, where the results are listed on the RH side of the page, can they be made question marks like before?
Instinctstu (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
Spoliers OFF option is critical! Please bring it back. Thanks in advance!
Je252 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Well put, RingCinema.  This feature really is missing in the new version of the website.
Callanr (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Ahhh the Manchester derby was yesterday and I'm nervously navigating around the pages trying to NOT see the score.
The admin said they cannot filter the news articles. That's understandable, but there should be a "no spoilers" section like previously mentioned. For now I'll have to resort to carefully scanning the page with my forearm blocking the screen...
Gator (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Spoilers off is key!
Unmecenfrance (Lille) 2 years ago
I'll put my two cents in. The only reason I came to footytube was the non-spoiler option. For those of us who don't watch (or own) a TV, footytube is the best source of game footage, and is the only way I participate in professional football. It doesn't totally ruin the fun if I know the score beforehand because I'm not the hugest fan out there. But this website is (was) built for people like me, who want to get all the action without the hours in front of the TV. (This is how I suppose the site was built; maybe it was in fact built for die-hards who want to replay everything they already knew....)

I enjoyed the old style site, where videos were the first things to pop up, and the spoilers off function was a great idea, one that kept me coming back to the site. I repeat "one that kept me coming back to the site". Which is what the site wants right? Repeat traffic, loyal users, happy users.

When the trending stories were added, I trained my eye to look past the headlines and go straight to the video section. It was a small effort I was willing to make in order to keep enjoying the service. When data on the site became more and more involved, offering more news stories and trending topics, I adjusted the zoom on my browser so that videos fit perfectly in the window with no border material visible, just to avoid having the result shown to me in video titles, news headlines and match photos.

Now it is just impossible and I can't remember the last time I've been able to catch a video without seeing the score on the front page of the site. Needless to say, I haven't been to the site lately. Now that the Olympics are on and American TV is sure to snub all the games I want to see, I have no recourse but to ask "What about the spoilers?!? " Please footytube, bring back the functionality of your site. It looks far too much like the BBC Sports page and seems to give away more information than I (and doubtless others) want to see before I get to the videos.

Put a videos tab like suggested above. File videos closer to the top. Push news stories away from videos. Something to get us to the thing that brings us to the site. If I get to watch my video without knowing the score, I'm going to stick around and read the news, the blogs, the chatter, the trending stories, the transfer gossip.... All the other stuff that seems to have taken over as the prime material. Until then, dailymotion does exactly what footytube used to do
Viktoristus (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Or you could provide us with a browser extension which would hide any numbers on any website and then we could happily go to YouTube and search the highlights without spoilers. The only risk would then be the score info inside video, which I also encountered here, even in the No Spoilers mode, since that couldn't be taken care of automatically, only someone would have to notice and mark the video before you watch it. Or users could share their work and find the best possible highlights for the team they don't follow, in exchange that somebody else would do the same for them - e. G. I would search for AC Milan highlights and somebody who doesn't follow Juve would search for them - when there is a match between Juve and Milan, these are mostly only 2 matches per season (and max 6 if that happens with the league cup and Champions League, like it was with Real and Barca not so long ago; + maybe the supercup and occassional friendlies) - users could then just pick a "third man" in advance, who would search the highlights for them, in exchange they'd do that for him if he faces the same situation
Markos10 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I agree with the above - "spoilers off" was the killer feature that set this site apart. If it is too much trouble to curate all the content you feature, then please do as @RingCinema suggests and create a "spoilers off" sub-section that we can visit before we see all the results
DannyHuynh (CSKA Moskva) 2 years ago
I vote for no spoilers. There are MORE than enough sites I can go to see highlights with scores already

Kick4Life - changing lives through football