Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
Remove The Fan Valuation Wheel...
[account-removed] 2 years ago
This is absolutely stupid. The wheel proves nothing. Someone will give you a rude vote if they don't agree with what your opinion is regardless if it is a perfectly legitimate debate. And if you say nothing at all. You still get rude votes just for the hell of it.

I received over 18 rude votes in 1 hour. And I never even posted anything within that hour. I don't understand at all. This just proves to me that there is no use for this thing anymore. It doesn't show that the person is rude, it just shows that the person who takes the time to honestly say you are rude for no reason at all is an absolute tool bag
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I fully agree with you.  I know fan valuation is being done away with, and a new trophy system introduced, but I'm not sure how far away it is.
Seriously? That sounds much better than a fan colour wheel
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
As long as it doesn't turn into a console-styled achievement system, like: "You've earned the 'Stalked Most Profiles' achievement!" or "Congratulations! You have reached the 2000 comments posted milestone!"
Lol. It'd be hilarious if you get a "Stalker" achievement if you send over 80% of your friend requests to female users.

The system does need to change and is Give it a bit of time, and I'm sure there will be a better system in place
Ethio1989 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
The cool vote whores are even more annoying
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It's better than collecting rude votes. Most cool votes are given without being asked for, whereas rude votes are usually provoked by differing opinions or some other conflict. In other words, rude votes are often warranted or earned, whereas cool votes are usually courtesy of accepting a friend request or having a friend request accepted.

Although there are some random rude votes that just happen to pop up on the pie chart once in awhile, the pie chart can loosely tell you what a person is like even before reading what they post. Every individual vote is a click from someone, somewhere!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I agree. I used to understand the trait wheel was something of an instigator to have people behave in order to get the right votes, but like you Naota, I've collected about 90 rude votes in under three months without being particularly rude. I used to post quite a bit, but these days the fora are filled with idiots who give you two red ones as soon as they see a post from you in their forum when you do not support their team.

The fact this forum is becoming so childish and classless has completely put me off, and I only stay here for the occasional post and to talk to a few oldies.

If all my rude votes could be changed to 'grumpy' votes, I'd be delighted
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I could pretty much copy and paste what is said above.

Except that I probably deserve probably the majority of my rude votes which honestly I lost interest in after people started giving me rudes for no reason
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Maybe footytube needs to be a bit more selective about who's request for membership it accepts. Can I suggest only kooky priests and half-naked former Miss Worlds (in the past ten years)?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football