Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
'Related Videos' Tab = Spoiler
Xlukex (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm sure I'm not the first person to complain about this, but I did a search and couldn't find an existing discussion so here I go.

First off, footytube is a great site! Thank YOU for existing! This is my first (and probably last) ever complaint!

It is a wonderful feature to be able to select 'Spoilers Off' and have score lines hidden from me so I can actually watch highlights and enjoy the suspense. However in an awful lot of cases this is ruined by one of two things:
1) The video at the top of the 'Related Videos' tab list (plainly visible in the lower right of my screen when I open the page for match highlights) has a title that contains or implies a spoiler - eg "Phelan delighted with 3 points against Arsenal".
2) Instead of the match highlights, the video that starts automatically playing is a post match interview that will, obviously, contain or imply a spoiler in the first few seconds.

I don't expect an instant fix to this problem, but if someone involved with the site indicated they were aware of this and a fix is in the works somewhere down the line I would be very happy. Again: thank YOU footytube!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Hi Xlukex,

Thank you for your feedback. As you indicated this is not something we can readily fix but we will keep it in mind for future site updates
Spat (Real Madrid) 9 months ago
How about a setting to auto hide the related videos? I know this is an old topic but it still doesn't seem to be fixed
Xlukex (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thanks Matt, that's all I wanted to hear. Cheers to you and everyone at footytube
Zackking (Manchester United) 8 months ago
Hi there,

Just registered and I have to also add, great site and thanks.

But to weigh in on this, as this was raised years ago, I also immediately saw the score in the related videos despite turning "no spoilers" on.

If this can't be fixed then fair enough, but is does make the "no spoilers" option redundant and it may as well be removed....

Thanks.
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 8 months ago
Not sure if it can be fixed but I can almost tell you with absolute certainty that it will not be fixed in the near future
Zackking (Manchester United) 7 months ago
Okay, thanks for your reply. Dragging the browser window to the right so most is offscreen, before navigating, keeps related videos out of view. Hardly clever but I was pleased with myself...
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 7 months ago
Haha whatever works works. But yeah, judging from the amount of change on this site in the past and a couple of suggestions ignored I doubt that you will see the spoilers working

Kick4Life - changing lives through football