Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
Player Ratings
UnitedSince93 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Not sure if this has already been addressed, but I would like to see player ratings for some of the bigger games. I have checked goal.com for this till now (usually disagree with their ratings, often quite severe ). Not sure if it is too much to ask, for such a relatively small developer team, but I am sure you guys could pull it off. If not then perhaps make a link to goal.com's ratings ty for the new site, respect for all the hard work
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
Exactly like you said, it would be a hassle for them to do player ratings. And let's just say they do ratings for the Premiership, then somebody would request them to do Liga BBVA, and Championship, and so on. You catch my drift? Great idea though. I'm not going to sit and deny that I would love for that to happen too.
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
It's not actually very hard to add, we're working on fantasy football at the moment, which will see us putting the foundation in for all kinds of player stats. I see it working in a similar way to rate this match on the video pages. Which will show ratings from the community as a whole, but I also think we will add Editor ratings, which will feature ratings handed out by select users, such as Ben, Matt, Moonpig.... Won't necessarily be mods only, but more people we see who have proved themselves to have a broad knowledge about the game.

Once this in place, we will also be adding player specific pages, that shows you all kinds of stats, including goals scored, avg goals per game, assists, etc. This goes hand in hand with the fantasy football league system that we're building. Will also mean we can crawl and index related player videos and compilations etc.

As with everything, this will take a lot work and time before it's ready, but we will get there.

Hope that sounds cool
UnitedSince93 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I like it, I like it a lot
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Sounds great, I'm definitely looking forward to this
Theduke (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Sounds like a great idea
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
You could probably just copy FIFA when it comes out in the beginning of the season
And they just update it
Like for players like Pato.... Who are rated low.... You could constantly give him better ratings on performances or take away.... From like Owen or Keane
But especially mark Schwarzer.... God he is a 74 on FIFA.... He was the best keeper in the Premier League.... He should be like an 85
I would love ratings.... Especially if all of footytube could like send in what we think a certain players rating should be
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
We intend to allow 2 rating systems for player performance - Community and Editor based - Editors will be those people we see on the forums who have proven a broad knowledge of the game.... Their votes on player performance will have more bearing than any average user vote, Players who get consistently high ratings will incur a bonus in the foothytube fantasy league.

That is assuming matt recovers from his 9th glasto mishroom experience...
Netich (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
This would be a great idea. I think a mix of goal.com (news, players info) and footytube is the way to go.

Players ratings, goal compilations of players, and formations are the three things I miss the most. Formations would be a great addition. You could see latest formations, to know others teams better. And what players have played in every position (and the mean score).

Thanks for this great site from Spain!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football