Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
I Prefer Old Footytube
Jd1980 (Jorge Wilstermann) 5 years ago
Old footytube was far far better and simpler than this new bs.
I won't be surprised if the number of people watching videos, drops

Is there any way the old site is still being maintained
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Acutally number of users watching has gone up massively since launch :p And no, there's absolutely no way we will be going back to the old site.

But maybe you could expand on the criticism a little and tell us what in particular you don't like, and why you find the new version so hard to use?

Unless you can be a little more constructive with your feedback, there's not a whole lot we can do except *shrug.
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
What jd1980 has got no brain this the best thing since arsenal was created
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Lol vanpersie I agree thsi is the best thing but arsenal not
Sandez (Manchester United) 5 years ago
VanPersie what a brilliant comment
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
Trust me. You'll begin to love it. Accessing different videos far more easier than it was on the original footytube. Also, if you have not read the quick overview of the new site on the front page, READ IT! It explains everything. Plus, footytube 2. 0 now allows you to actually talk to the people you comment on videos with, making YOUR football experience much more enjoyable as well as become friends, or befriend, people who are for or against your club.

Need I say more?
You've got to believe me on this.
Jd1980 (Jorge Wilstermann) 5 years ago
The old version had the latest video first, with the video being on a average good 10min or more in the case of UEFA champions league

The new version = way too many links + videos, having like 1min to 30 sec on non EPL videos? Why put up so many fancy links to all the matches played in the globe when the videos at the end of the day suck....

Well defeats the meaning of footy tube from simple football video site to a morphed site with poor set of videos.... End of the day people just come here to watch highlights of games they missed and 1min-30sec videos don't fulfill the need.
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Are you good with computers or are you a beginner or something because if your a beginner look at the tutorial on the home page of te site (if you can get there)
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Poor set of videos? I find each video for each game extremely easily
Syraph (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Same here, I find the videos for the matches pretty easily. Also, you get epl news, interview videos, and so much more with the new version
MaciLaci (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Hi! Can anybody help me out? I find the new footytube so exciting, but unfortunately I am not able to see videos in a decent way, meaning that they are stopping every while and the stream is not so fluid! I use IE7 and don't have a clue how to fix this issue.... In this way it's very uncomfortable enjoy this site.... And most of all video stopping every while get me angra
Any hints?
Thanks
Hmm, i'm not sure why you would be having this problem unless you have a particularly old PC or you have many windows open in IE (which will eat up all your memory).

I would suggest trying Firefox or Google Chrome (which is excellent). Failing that, you could try right clicking the movie player and hitting low quality, which uses less CPU.
Five3five4 (Chelsea) 5 years ago
You gotta' find the right videos.... But I do agree some videos are pretty trash got showed on the site.    
Patfitz (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I am in agreement with the OP. New site is cluttered and not nearly on the scale the old site was. I understand your crew has put in countless hours revamping the site and I do not hate on your hard work, only on your vision. I personally only came on this site for the 10 min clips from Fred 54, but now there is so much crap on the front page I feel that it is a giant collage where everything and nothing is shown simultaneously. The convenience is no longer on the site and I have deleted my bookmark. Good luck to the FT crew nothing but best wishes for them, but you guys have killed something that was great
If only we could make a site that was just for YOU eh, and only indexed videos that YOU wanted to see. Wouldn't that be terrific? Tell you what, why don't you send us a mail and let us know exactly what YOU want to see? And we can tell all those people on slower connections that prefer shorter clips, and all those people who follow different leagues (such as La Ligue, Eredivisie, SPL, JPL), and indeed all those people that watch different teams to YOU, that we've deleted all their 'trash' teams and leagues, because Patfitz was only interested in watching Man United videos.

While you're at it, why don't you get off your arse, and upload a profile pic? I'll make sure when you do, that we give all the users on the site the same profile pic and screen name as YOU. That way you don't have to be bothered by anything that approaches diversity.

We'll even call the new version footytube Sloth, in your honour.

You might also want to get in touch with google, and ask them if they wouldn't mind removing all those 'trash' websites that you have no interest in viewing.

So much for vision...
Google is simple on the surface and gets as complex as you want it to. 2. 0 is not simple at the beginning, it is very complex and cluttered.

A perfect site would have exactly what you said in your opening line
And you think that happens overnight do you? You clearly don't know much about web development. Just look how far facebook came from its early seed days. In fact, just look how far google has come. I suggest you take your own advice, and look beyond the surface.

If you don't want to stick around and see how things develop further, that's your call. But knocking our 'vision' simply because you don't know how to use a search box, or dropdown menu, or the zeitgeist, is more than a little shortsighted.

Indeed, had you been here when we were in private beta (you weren't - too lazy to click the link I assume), then you would know that we have developed masses of new features as a result of user feedback.

BTW, Didn't you say you were removing us from your bookmarks? What are you doing back here less than a day after your original post / troll?
Hilarious that you keep attacking me personally because YOUR design is flawed. Oh and the private beta was glitched and flawed too, I did check it out. Maybe you Euros don't have this phrase, so let me educate you. When you assume, you make an ASS of you and ME
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
If you only want to watch high quality Manchester United videos, why not just bookmark footytube to the Manchester United page where it will have ALL the videos you could dream of, stats, player status, etc.

Link: www.footytube.com/teams/england/manchester-united/... Bookmark this, I can't believe you're that lazy.
Apologies for the assumption, but seems mighty odd (especially with the sloth and all), that you'd signup to the private beta with a different username and email address, then signup again with a completely different email when the new site went live (you signed up with Patfitz 10 days ago, with a new email address). Maybe you yanks don't know this phrase, but that looks rather fishy to me....

Unless of course by saying that you 'checked out the private beta', you mean you looked at the front page, and couldn't be bothered to fill in the registration form (which was mandatory if you wanted to actually explore the site beyond the welcome page). If I'm wrong, do indulge my pedantry, and let us know what email you used to signup to the beta, and explain your reasoning for the new account (no doubt you are going to tell us the handy forgot password / username form was broken, so you had no choice.... Yeah that must be it).

I go back to my original statement. Visits on FT2 are up massively, and positive feedback for the new design far outweigh any negatives we have had (which is unusual, because people like you are usually far more vocal than people that have anything nice to say).

Sure, we need to make improvements, and they will come (only yesterday we added the ability to become a fan of more than one team, as a result of constructive user feedback). But, given all the positive feedback we've had, from both normal users, and experts in the football world / web industry (not a single bad review to date, and there's been many)....

See - Link: brainiacsatwork.com/2009/05/19/when-news-alone-isn... for just one example

....Then the only conclusion that I can draw, is that we must have got at least _something_ right.

So I reiterate - If you don't want to stick around to see how things develop (after only 13 days of us being live FFS), then that's your loss. I wish you the best of luck in finding a footy site that has a better selection of videos than footytube.

Do try not to let any design flaws hit you on the way out.
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Give Lee some slack.... This is a great first iteration of the new footytube. It's trying to become an all-encompassing football website, not just a link to recorded football matches. I think it's a fantastic improvement on the previous version, and the most recent matches are located on the front page if I'm not mistaken. What are you complaining about anyway?
Palswim (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I come to footytube to watch footy video. This new redesign has expanded the number of matches with video coverage, but the quality of the selection of videos I can watch for any particular match has dropped. Again, I don't come to footytube to chat or discuss things, to tell people my favorite team, or to read blog posts, though I don't mind it having those things. But, if I can't find any quality footy video for reasonably popular matches (Internationals, Premier League, La Liga, etc.), footytube serves no purpose for me.

You have already attacked one person with this view, but you need to know that not everyone wants another Facebook-like site - all some of us want is to watch football (Edit: which the old site allowed us to do)
I'm kinda fed up of saying this. The new crawler picks up the SAME videos that were on FT1, but expands on the selection available. Not everyone is the same, some people prefer shorter clips and are on slower connections. All we do is provide those clips ASWELL as the clips that were on FT1 originally. The shorter ones get picked up sooner, this has always been the way. If you want longer videos, you need patience, as you did with FT1. The only difference with FT2 is more videos, more teams, and more leagues. We have made this abundantly clear on the video pages themselves and the vast majority of people understand this.

The community side is something people can connect with if they are interested in doing so, it's not pushed in anyones face, and if you don't care for this, nobody is forcing you to join up or treat the site any differently to that of FT1.

Seems to me, everyone expects things to be perfect from day one, I have acknowledged that we need to make improvements, and we will make it easier for you to designate specific leagues of interest to you, and make it more clear when new videos are added to these leagues.

But the bitching about video quality is way off the mark. So i'll reiterate it one last time:

EVERY single video that was available on FT1 is available on FT2 and it takes the same amount of time for those higher quality videos to appear in the FT2 index, as it did on FT1 (and indeed, often far less time). If you don't see what you are looking for, check back later, as you would have with FT1, and don't forget to check the related video pane on the right
Razza (Chelsea) 5 years ago
When I first heard of FT1 I started using it straight away and have been ever since. It enabled me to see the highlights of my team, wherever I was in the world and at any time, without even having to search for it myself. Great! Well done, Brilliant idea!

New FT2 will take a little getting used to but I also know that I will eventually prefer using this to the original which was just watch the videos and leave. I think it's great that you are opening it up to many more teams, especially as the lower league teams sometimes get forgotten about. On many occasions during FT1 I have told new friends about it and they would always ask if their obscure team was on the site and I would respond with.... 'erm.... Maybe, I don't know'. Now I am pleased to say there is a much higher chance they could find them here.

I have my profile set up and find it very easy to navigate to the teams that interest me. My only criticism with the profile is that you can only chose one club team and one country team when in my case there are more teams than this throughout the world I like to follow.

There are so many more videos of interviews, and extras as well as the matches which is great. The social aspect is cool too, as I always watch a match and enjoy talking to people about it afterwards.

All in all, it is a huge improvement and thanks for caring so much about what everyone thinks. Most big name websites wouldn't treat their users with the same respect
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
You can add extra clubs and rival clubs by visiting the particular teams homepage and clicking the become a fan/rival button on the far right.

A lot of football websites are run by website entrepreneurs, looking for a quick buck or two, footytube is different as the original developers of the website have a real passion for the game. For football fans, by football fans essentially
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Amen
Haha, can we finally lock this ruddy thread now?
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Good idea I'm getting tired of reading this
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
Ditto. I'm tired of arguing. If we are going to, let it be about an actual football game!  PS: footytube rocks!
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Like the man said, what footytube 2 offers is all the same videos from FT1, but with the slick bonus that the community can vote on which is the best video. At that point, the highest voted video becomes the default video displayed to users looking for the match. Simple and clever.

You get back a lot more when you put the tinest amount of work in. Vote for your goal of the week. Vote for your favourite video for a particular match. Vote down low quality videos. List your favourite teams. Chat to like minded fans.

Don't waste everyones time whining about how you want the entire site to work as you picture it in your head, unless you can make realistic suggestions or constructive criticisms
Aznpuddin (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I thought that this site was supposed to have all football compilations with the new bot that finds all of them.
Eh.... Not so much
I can type robinho into youtube and get much more choices than here

Kick4Life - changing lives through football