Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
About Flash Intro (last Topic Locked)
Roozbeh007 (Juventus) 4 years ago
Ok, first of all if you want me to search forum, and make my comments on the same post, then stop locking the posts. If you want to have a debate lets have it. As far as I'm concerned, you are a commercial company. It's call footytube.com not footytube. Org. So stop acting like oh we are providing you free service. No you are not. Google is also free. Last time I checked they were banking billions on their users. So try to understand how free works. If you have advertisement in your site, then you are not working for FREE. Simple as that. You are getting paid for it and you need people like us to help you make more. Plus you are not hosting these videos nor are you uploading them. And believe me I do know more about CMS, PPC, SEO, web design and principle of an online business than most of wana be's in this website think. (ie: charlie)

I will leave this site. No problem. But believe me I will not be the last one to leave. Either you give a s**t about people on this site or you don't. If you do, please put staff like charlie on a leash.
Good luck and goodby footytube
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It seems your reasons for leaving are that
1. You have to watch a five second preloader video once before viewing videos (which can be up to half an hour long for some of them)
2. You expect the staff to be humble and snivelling, even to rude users.

As staff, we are definitely volunteers. Some of us do indeed pay for the site ourselves, we don't even break-even, nor have we since its inception no matter what you suspect. You're not providing a debate in any way, just spouting unfounded claims, masked insults and insinuations.

The site is provided free to users. I'm not sure why you are arguing that it isn't. How much have you paid so far?

We welcome all kinds of users; silent, outspoken, peacemakers, rival makers, from everywhere on Earth. All we ask is that they act in a manner that benefits the forums and other users. Insulting our staff and calling us liars doesn't exactly fit the description.

It's no coincidence that the members that make the loudest, angriest noise about leaving are the ones that actually detract from the forums experience. If I may quote one of your earlier posts (expletives removed)

In Juventus v Inter Milan
"He is right you **** head. First my ***. Get the **** out of this site. "

Another trend we see is the members that shout loudest about leaving always seem to come back really quickly, either via the same account or with a new account from the same IP.

Any way you spin it, we provide a great, free service and have a thriving, well spoken and respectful community that loves football in all it's forms. So stay, go, whichever. If you want to be a member of the community going forward, then please stick to the very lenient rules
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I find enjoyment in people who believe a website is making thousands of dollars/sterling in profit. It seems as though these people jealous at a site's success.

I co-own a sports forum and we honestly do not make a noticeable profit. We have one of the biggest basketball forums for the Portland Trailblazers. We usually have and an average of 50 users on during the day (not peak) and at least 100 guests. We make just enough money to cover the site's hosting fees, services and software licensing. We recently had a troll on the forum that accused our main Administrator of using the site's funds to his own personal gain (and if this were the case, why not?) -- I just laughed at his stupidity because we all know forum owners are rolling in the cash, right?

To touch on the moderator issue: They aren't paid to do this (at least I don't think they are) and should not be expected to be submissive to every members as long as they are respectful.

Anyway, I'm rambling about nothing. So, to end it off, you are dense, footytube is free and Google is one of the biggest corporations in the world -- Your comparison is just.... Irrelevant
Palswim (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I agree that you shouldn't lock critical topics. We still need discussion on those and locking those makes the site appear controlling and afraid of criticism.

But back on topic, for that intro video, it displays choppily for me and doesn't always load properly. And, it seems obnoxiously loud, so much so that I browse this site on mute. I understand you want to brand your site, and I'll put up with a low-key branding.

I definitely have seen improvements since the transition to 2. 0, so keep up the good work!
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
We generally lock topics of those type because they get debated ad-infinitum and have already been covered in another topic.

Believe it or not, when we went to 2. 0, we left a topic "Bring back FT 1. 0" unlocked, it went on forever, despite the fact we quite categorically stated, "We will not under any circumstances be going back to FT 1. 0".

Some people just don't like No for an answer, and others like to cause arguments, start flamewars, and provoke emotional responses.

I have already stated somewhere else that we will be looking into reducing the volume (we agree it's too loud), but right now we can't prioritise this due to there being a huge list of urgent tasks and roll-outs we are working on (openfooty being chief amongst these).

We do care about our users (despite what the likes of Roozbeh may say), and we welcome feedback (negative or otherwise). Those that actually play an active part in our community know that we respond well to criticism - half of what you see on FT came from user feedback and/or suggestions.

At the end of the day, we're human, we make mistakes, and we (like many of our users) may have different opinions on what works and what doesn't.

If we say No, and have made our position clear in a topic that was previously locked because it's already been debated, please accept it and move on (or in the very least bring it up again politely and justify why you have re-opened a new thread on the same subject)
Palswim (Barcelona) 4 years ago
On a related note, why have I seen something similar to the old intro video (metallic football) for some of the videos but for others I see the stadium-zooming video?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Way before this was even bought up again, we made the decision to only show the long intro the first time a user hits the site.

Every subsequent video play sees a shorter, cut down version with no sound, similar to the old style intro.

I explained this to Roozbeh, and then politely locked the last topic thinking all was good, before this one was re-opened.... (And that is precisely why we lock topics )
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I actually prefer the shorter one -- It seems more classy

Kick4Life - changing lives through football