Forums / Site Feedback
Order: Newest / Oldest
A Couple Of Questions
Ak525 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hey,

First of all I'd like to say I've been using the site for a few years, although I only registered today, and I think it's great.

However I've got a couple of observations to make which will hopefully make it even better.

1. If it's possible, I think it would be better if the clips listed under goal of the week only showed the goal in question rather than the whole match. I don't know if this is possible/practical, although this was the case on another football site I used to use, but I think it would improve this section of the site.

2. The other thing is I was just wondering why videos of the recent 1st leg of the Copa Libertadores final between Estudiantes de la Plata and Cruzeiro have not appeared on the site yet. A quick search on youtube led me to several decent videos of this match, for instance

Thanks,

Ak525
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Hi Ak, welcome to footytube (well this hidden side of footytube you telly addicts often neglect to venture to ).

The goal of the week video is a great suggestion, we'd love to do it, but unfortunately, we do not encode or host any of the videos ourselves. Everything on footytube is automatically indexed via the web, and we have no control over video content. If this ever changes, we'll let you know.

The 2nd issue, we will look into. We are still tweaking the crawler, it's currently like a little 3 year old that's still learning to speak, as it teaches itself new phrases to look out for. With the myriad of combinations there are for team and player names out there, it still has problems with a few teams, but like I say, it's learning all the time, and we hope that pretty soon, it's going to be speak football fluently.

But do bear with us while we improve things.

Incase you couldn't find the channel btw, it's here.

Link: www.footytube.com/teams/argentina/estudiantes-de-l...

Ak525 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Thanks for the reply Lee.

By the way here's an example of what I meant when I referred to a site that shows individual goals. Link: footylounge.com/films/musicvideo.php?vid=3029c4f45...

Maybe they edit the videos themselves on that site or maybe your crawler doesn't pick these videos up yet though they are out there on the web!

Alex
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Yeah, our crawler does pick up individual goals vids, but there's no way of being able to work out from the video what goal each one pertains to. Everything on footytube is automated you see. Not a single goal or match video is added by any of the staff so we have no way to edit or tag.

We'll look into this though, as it's been a very popular request over the last few months, so if there is a solution, we will find one

Kick4Life - changing lives through football