Forums / Site Announcements
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup - DreamFooty NOW OPEN!
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
And I wasn't sure if it would be made, so I went ahead and took the liberty....

The showoff your Worldcup Dreamfooty team thread!

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/dreamfooty-fantasy-league...
It's now on hold till our squads are viewable and shareable with the public.
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Nice guys. Something to cure our boredom.

Man that was tough for 120m I had to have some really really cheap players if I wanted stars it was a tough choice
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
2000 dollars?! To win

TWO thousand dollars?

Yeah, I'm gonna' think this team out real carefully
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
What's a dollar?!
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Lol
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
That is the total prize pot check out the FAQ to see how we are going to share it out
I know, I know, just trying to baffle people. It really is a shitload of money!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Like Tony says above, the player pricing is not based purely on their club team value, but more as an indication of the players skill, odds of them being a top scorer, chances of their team reaching the second round and every round after that, and about five other factors.

Good luck everybody!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I can't see mine, I made it, and I clicked it, and then it came up my tea, but where is my team on my profile
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Same, just created. The team however, didn't show up on my profile
See the post above yours. It takes 24 hours for the changes to apply, you'll see your finished team in your profile the next day, per Jeroen
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Mines the same, but if you go back into matts post, where it says build your team HERE.... Click on that, and your team comes up there
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I found out that you can't see other people's team. It will tell you "No team yet" although they have a team
It always takes 24h for changes to apply, so tomorrow you will be able to see finished teams
Thesgman (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I'm glad that Fabregas is not a ridiculous price, 15 million
He's not the only essential cog in the Spanish team. There's a lot of them, so they can't go too crazy with any one player....

.... Like they manage to do with the Brazilian squad, which has nobody notable in midfield accept Kaka, who is a cool 20 mill....
Fabregas wasn't a start in the Euros which could of also lowered his price. We should be seeing more of him this summer though
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
WOW! Wayne Rooney is 23 million but Drogba is only 13? Okay no prejudice here on footytube. Yep! No Sir-e!
But you have to weigh the teams up as well as the players, theres more chance of england progressing than ivory coast, that's why theres a difference in price, its just not a reflection of the players, its whos likely to get out of the group stages etc;.
Hope that explains a bit.... Lol
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Oh Okay sorry for the ignorance
Thesgman (Arsenal) 4 years ago
It seems like you would be happy that Drogba fairly low priced
Buy one get one free.... Lol
Ivory Coast won't progress? I understand they have a pretty tough group but they have a fantastic team with a.... Swedish dude
They have Brazil, Portugal and North Korea in. I think we all know that North Korea are topping that group, at a great odd of 1000- 1 on bets lol
Ltm017 4 years ago
I think its great! What is better than Drogba being that cheap and Ivory Coast being underestimated!
What people have to remember is Ivory coast were seeded 2nd in that group
Possibly the Ivory Coast actually progressing past that stage by beating one of the two portuguese-speaking teams in it? Preferably the one with the most hair-gel? Next to Spain, that is...
JustGary (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Are player values just created for World Cup 2010? If not, then at 32 years of age (with a likely 1-3 quality seasons left) what price would you expect?
Yeah, player values are given by the mods responsible for a certain group in the WC. I myself for example am responsible for the prices of group E
It was tough, but I have picked a team. Some players are stupidly priced though lol
1 player from each nation? Maaaannn.... That's rough
Yup, no point in everyone picking the full brazil first 11
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
But it still is rough. It makes things still worse for a DF noob like me. :/
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
2 per team would have been a fair compromise. But you can't wallow now, and anyway it makes it that little bit more challenging
Kraken07 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Agree two per team would have been the best. Because I wanted both torres and villa upfront
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Please change it! IT IS TOO HARD TO PICK A TEAM!
Stop complaining and get on with it, do you think fergie got where he is today by moaning? .... Well it helped.... Lol
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Lol@Tony.... 1 per team is fine fellas. Just read up on the teams and make smart decisions, I. E. Don't buy big for every position
What you say Jet? Buy big for every position? But the defence.... Gotcha
Just made my team. How do you link your squad/kit again?
I would ask the same thing but will the old system work?      
What was the old system?
Cheers!
Minadeo (Juventus) 4 years ago
Is there only going to be the one transfer window or will there be others between the knockout rounds?
Just the one window between group and knockout phase
Yes, the day you have all been waiting for is here. The latest edition of the greatest fantasy football game ever made* has arrived!

It's time to pick your team to see if when the dust settles in South Africa you can be top of the pile here on footytube.

If you played our previous dreamfooty game there are a few important changes you will need to know about. If you have never played before then there is a lot to know about so, please take time to stop by and read the faq here

After that, start to build your team here.

This competition comes with a guaranteed prize fund of $2,000 so, to be in the running for part of this prize you will need to be a PRO+ user.

If you are not PRO+ you can sign up here. This involves a 'pay what you want' donation. Half of these profits will go to our charity partners Kick4Life.

If you are already a PRO+ user you don't need to do anything just play the game as normal and if you come in the top 25 we will contact you about your prize.

So good luck!

* source: me

Great news mate, I'm sittin here bored shitless, now I got something to do.... Cheers
Yes!
You win footytube.... I just spent 4 hours strategerizin' my team into a coherent in lethal powerhouse.... Again. And now I just have to repeat that daily until the Cup rolls around and then I may have a final side set and ready to go...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football