Forums / Site Announcements
Order: Newest / Oldest
OpenFooty Beta Goes Live
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
We're still on invite only basis presently, but we're super pleased to be able to say we're finally happy with the API to go live to as many people as possible, which means the waiting time for non-commercial applications (after we've reviewed your details), is down to only a few days (max).

All existing non-commercial users who have been waiting so long to gain access have now been invited

Commercial users and those guys we need to ask some more questions (regarding intended usage etc.) will be contacted over the next few days, and access granted thereafter.

In the meantime, do leave your feedback and let us know of any problems guys
Raistlinthewiz (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
Hi there, it seems api documentation pages non-working:

Link: www.footytube.com/openfooty/terms/service.php?pack...
Sorry about that fella, was updating the docs. Should be all good now (refresh the page)
Raistlinthewiz (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
Thanks, it's all okay now...
MikkyX (Darlington) 4 years ago
Excellent news! Finally, to start having some fun

Just wanted to double check - will I be able to use my API key for offline development - what will happen there? I like to test things on my own computer before putting them live
You will, but you will need a dyndns account or similar so that you can enter a URL for us to associate your account with on the API confirmation screen
Herzi (Hamburger SV) 4 years ago
The "page" parameter on league. GetIdents is not documented (had to guess it)
Fixed
Also… Do you have plans for a live status API? Eg. By making match. GetStats provide useful information while a match is in progress?
Yes, but this won't be available until next season
Great news… I really look forward to that…
Any updates on live scores?
Crooksee (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 4 years ago
Hi    Where is the list of team IDs?    Alex
What about the league IDs?
Oscarva (Millonarios Bogota) 4 years ago
That good news. I already have a good time waiting for my key. I hope I have in mind.    Sorry for my bad English: p
Oscarva (Millonarios Bogota) 4 years ago
I use the API to display information of the Colombian League. Channel i'd 502 but any query shows me:
Error type A6 Licensing restriction

What can I do?
Non Commerical Users are given access to 200 of the 700 leagues footytube covers (we have to do this for licensing reasons). By default you are given access to the most popular 200 leagues on FT. If you wish to change the leagues associated with your account, please send us a contact mail and we'll look into it for you
Lee, do you now have a license to show the next match on the site? If so do we need a license to use the API data?
Openfooty is merely a data provider, as explained in the terms. You are responsible for applying for any applicable data licences.

However, with regard to fixture data, you are free to do what you like except in relation to the premier league / UK football leagues and SPL (as far as I know).

Dataco require you to pay some £20k a year last time I looked for showing these UK fixtures. However, you may show the fixture for NEXT match as long as you do it on a per team basis and do not collate this data all together on one page (with multiple teams) - as far as I can recall.

Please double check this - I am not claiming to be 100% up to date on the fixture licensing requirements and this is a rough assessment based on the last time we checked on things.

Ultimately it is your responsibility to do the research / legal legwork required to find out what data licensing is required in your chosen leagues / country
Thanks for the info. I will check this out
Hi

I have got this back. I think we need to be careful about what is shown. Do you have the license?

I have spoken to Dataco who have advised that any part of the fixture list whether it be one match or the complete list will require a license agreement in place.

The only instance we would allow a fixture to be shown without a license would be as part of a significant editorial piece that consisted of both fact and opinion
We give you access to the data via openfooty, nothing more. Like I say, it is your responsibility to ensure licences are in place and that you comply with guidelines
Ok so I gather you have a license? Do you need one for non-league?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Openfooty doesn't require a licence - it merely provisions access to data. It is only when this data is published (either on your site or elsewhere) that licensing requirements come into effect.

Do remember this only pertains to fixtures, there's a heck of a lot more data under the openfooty hood than fixture feeds.

As for licensing for non-league, as above, I do not believe this requires a licence, but you need to do your own research and make your own decisions - we're not here (nor are we qualified!) to give out legal advice to openfooty publishers
I mean do you have a license to show the fixtures on the footytube website?
Stuartharvey (Northampton Town) 4 years ago
Lee, I applied for a key but not yet received one, and when I try and re-apply I get an error on the form. Please help!
Hi Stuart,

Just sent you an invite through. If you still haven't received it do fill in the contact enquiry form and we'll send you the key manually
Chrismillard99 (Bristol City) 4 years ago
Hi Lee,

I applied for a api yesterday.

Is there any chance I could join in with the beta testing?

I run a Bristol City website and would like to use your api.

Kind regards,
Chris
Anybody there? I have been waiting 10 days
Key sent. Good talking to you chris and best of luck with the site
Thanks for all your help Lee!    I will let you know when everything is ready for a peak
Mario77280 (FC Porto) 4 years ago
Hello,  I have made an request for an API key, I'm waiting about 10 days so I doesn't receive it.  Anybody can help me?  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football