Forums / Site Announcements
Order: Newest / Oldest
FAQ: How To Become A PRO+ Member
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Hey footy freaks,

As some of you know, we've been pretty clandestine about the upcoming PRO+ launch, so here is a little FAQ to let you all know about what's going to happen, and just what we have planned for this new feature of the site.

We're still a little away from actually going live with this, as we test out the functionality, but we're nearly there, and really looking forward to getting your feedback and ideas about the service.

Please read the FAQ below before posting your feedback

What is PRO+?

Pro+ will be the new paid member service from footytube. You will NOT be required to pay for dreamfooty, forums, videos, or any of the future products (such as fifa live lobby). In fact, nothing that you currently enjoy on footytube will change at all.

So, why are you doing this?

For a couple of reasons.

The main one is, we need to raise a bit of cash to help keep footytube going.

In the three+ years we've been running so far, we haven't made ANY money out of the site, or asked our users to do anything in return.

Yet it costs us many £1000's a month to keep the site going. All of this money has so far come out of our own pockets.

Rather than simply asking for donations, we'd rather give something back to those users that are able to support the site, in the form of added benefits and features.

Not only is it a nice way for us to say thank you to those hardcore footytube fans for helping us out, but it's also going to add another level of membership, where those hardcore fans can congregate and get to know each other more personally.

What goodies do I get when I become a PRO+ member?

FREE limited edition Nike footytube Jersey
Worth £30, and strictly limited. We will be sending these Jerseys out to new users who signup for PRO+ accounts.

No Ads!
No annoying banner ads, ever!

Dreamfooty Bonuses

Members get a 25m Dreamfooty bonus AND 2 emergency Transfer Windows to be used at any time in the season. Each window allows you to buy/sell up to 2 players. PRO+ members also get access to the full range of dreamfooty kits, and exclusive PRO+ only kit designs to be unveiled shortly.

Forum and Profile Badges
Each member gets their own PRO+ badge showing their support.

ProClub Membership
Every PRO+ user is granted access to the private ProClub Forum, where will be offering monthly challenges and prizes, and we will also be giving you access to real-time PRO+ member chartrooms.

FIRST to try out new stuff
Pro+ users are first in line to try out new features and roll-outs during private beta launches.

FREE iFootytube PRO+ membership!
Those first to signup will also be first to gain access to our iPhone app when it goes live later in the year, and we will be offering you a FREE upgrade to the paid iPhone app, that has more features and goodies.

SAVE lives!
10% of all PRO+ subscription profits will go to our official charity partner, Kick4Life.

How much will my PRO+ subscription cost?

It will cost whatever you want to pay!

We will be operating a 'Pay What You Want' model, which means you can pay as little as £1 a month/year if you so choose.

What if I don't have a credit card, can I still become a PRO+ member?
Initially, you can only signup if you use paypal and/or a credit card. If the service proves popular, we will add SMS billing for those of you that don't have credit cards.

Sounds good to me. How do I sign up?

To signup go to www.footytube.com/pro/

Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Also, if you don't use up your two transfer periods, can they carry over to next season?
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Oh, finally you let it all out. So that is why Omar's FanValuation went up to like 57 million, because he signed up for Pro +! Seriously, I am so excited. I will definitely sign up, not just because it is pay however much you want but that we get access to the coolest new footytube features first, and we get a footytube sponsored shirt! You guys do so well to run this site, we all love it! Also, the dreamfooty kit and the 25 million rise in fan valuation, which is so cool! I'm sure I'll be one of the first. Please let me know where I can do it as soon as you can
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm sorry, I'm poor D: no money what so ever. But best of luck to you and your money making scheme haha. Yea like I said before you really should get paid for doing this. It's a great idea better than donations which you probably wouldn't get many
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
So is this kind of like a subscription? I understand that you said we can pay whatever we want but does it have to be every month or year? If not then I see a problem.

Are you guys going to be offering all of this stuff to people who just give you $1 once? As maUK above, I am also not the richest person but if I am going to get all the cool stuff for just giving $1 then I wouldn't mind it but I would be taking the advantage of the situation, which I feel is wrong.

And one complaint I have is about offering the extra 2 transfer windows. Being able to switch 4 extra players than the general public could be a huge difference which I fear could eventually lead to a table dominated by pro+ users. I have no problem with giving them the extra 25 million because as we have seen most of the people in the top 100 are people with a 100 million budget. That is the only thing I found to be unfair, the rest looks awesome and I hope a lot of people sign up for it.
Thanks Gerrard, you raise some good points, which we actually had a long think over before putting this together.

It will indeed be a subscription based model. You can either pay yearly or monthly, choice is yours.

The whole point of the pay what you want aspect of this, is in recognising that we are not all in the same situation financially, and so by allowing everyone to pay what they feel is right, we are giving even the poorest of folks, a chance to get involved. Can anyone honestly say that they can't afford, say £1 a year? That's what, a can of Coke? Or, 1/60th of the apple magic mouse you bought the other day ManUK

Comes down really, to whether you think footytube is worth it.

As for taking advantage, the only real problem that could be caused here, is the manufacturing costs of the shirts that we need to cover. We will need to make sure that enough subscription payments have been collected for each user to cover these manufacturing costs, before we will send the shirt out.

Other than that, believe it or not, even £1 a year will help if enough users signup.

As for the extra 2 transfer windows - as you rightly pointed out, a while back we had the same worries that an extra 50m transfer budget would see tables dominated by those with higher fan valuations. Thankfully, this didn't happen, because at the end of the day, doing well in DF really is more about the skilful picking of players. I believe the same will happen with the transfer window bonuses (after all, it's only 4 extra player swap options per YEAR). Furthermore, those with high enough budgets could have 4 extra players on their bench right NOW, waiting to be 'transferred' into their team at any time

Thanks for the kind words though Gerrard, we too hope there will be a lot of signups. Going to be interesting to find out what happens
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think footytube is well worth it, the amount of features brought in over the months it has been known to the public is incredible, I don't know how you guys do it.

P. S I'll probably still pay a decent amount, and England are in recession at the moment so I'm sure all of us could afford it Great work, again, amazing website, by the way
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Actually my dad bought two mice and gave me the extra one He's so nice Anyways I probably will sign up for this at some point but it will be very minimal.

Did you say it's only card payment? If so at the moment I'm at loss. That's the main thing, could I pay £1 a month yea I could, but right now I don't have a card (due to unfortunate events) so I can't really
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
'Pay what you want' feature is amazing!But I don't have a credit card and I also don't have a paypal account too(I am just 15)
The SMS billing features sounds good.... Can you please tell me how it works?

And I gotta' congratulate you for the great job!

Thank you
When we get SMS up, we will send you a text each month, that will cover the cost of your subscription. Initially we will be launching with CC only though to see what user uptake is like, as getting SMS in place is costly
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Cool.... Its finally revealed. All the features looks awesome but like pragathish said it will be nice to see sms billing, Its seems like the only possible option for me. So will be cool if it is activated soon.
Also "no more annoying ads" but I haven't seen any ad banners in this site other that the site's own ad?
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah I wondered about that too. The only ads I see are about footytube itself or Kick4Life and none of them are annoying. This is another reason why I love footytube, most of the websites have flashy ads but footytube doesn't
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
This looks good but I don't think I'll be subscribing though, I don't think my parents would agree to that, and I don't want a dock in my allowances
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
"pay what you want" - looks like you took note of our little friend Thom Yorke...
Can you also pay in dollars? I am 12 years old and so I was thinking I could have my dad pay off his credit card and then I would just pay him back.

Oh yeah, and I'm not broke because I rarely ever spend anything, so iwill be happy to subscribe
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I do believe you pay in whatever currency your country supports...
That's right. We'll automatically show in (most) countries currency
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
That sounds realy cool I think I will join at somepoint because footytube might I add is THE BEST!    Always GOOD TO GIVE BACK
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
How do I sign up?
You can't just now, we'll let you know when it goes live (should be up by Saturday)
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Awesome thanks
If you sign up will you end up paying one dollar a year for the rest of your life? I mean like for the subscription is their a certain number of years you have to pledge?
Well it's a subscription, so it would be rest of your life (in theory). But you can of course cancel at any time and go back to having a normal account
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 3 years ago
Paypal only? Any way to pay straight with a credit card?
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I think that it's paypal only, but its very simple to add your card to paypal. Its a well trusted service

Kick4Life - changing lives through football