Forums / Site Announcements
Order: Newest / Oldest
BETA Schedule And Upcoming Features - Read Here First!
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Next Version: Stay Tuned!
Expected Release Date: Early 2010

Current Version: 1.4.5 'Footytube SpreadLight'
Released: November 29th, 2009

SpreadLight sees the official public beta release of the OpenFooty API, PRO+ account upgrades, and a whole host of quiet, under the hood changes, that were released after maximus.

Current Version: 1.4.1 'Floodlight Maximus'
Released: August 20th, 2009

Floodlight Maximus sees us releasing Dreamfooty to the public, along with a boat load of new tweaks, and features.

Version: 1.4.0 'Floodlight'
Released: May 22nd, 2009

We rolled floodlight out to the public and went fully live on Friday 22nd May.

Version: 1.3.9 'Acorn 2'
Released: March 22nd, 2009

Having squished most of the bugs in 1.3.8, this version sees us inviting another 10,000 users in to try the beta. We also see an early roll-out of some of the forthcoming 1.4 features.

Version: 1.3.8 'Acorn'
Released: Feb 2nd, 2009

Acorn went into private beta at the start of february. We initially invited a meager 500 users to try out the new version. A harrowing month of rigorous bug fixing, feature shizzling and coffee drinking followed.

Upcoming Features
The following features are coming with subsequent releases. It's not exhaustive and the more minor tweaks and fixes are not included, but if you see something major missing that you would like to see on FT 2, let us know - it may well make the list.

1.5.0 - Footytube API
1.5.0 - Footytube FIFA Online Launch
1.5.0 - Homepage Rebuild
1.5.0 - Full Facebook Connect
1.5.0 - Channel subscriptions
1.5.0 - Footy Quizzes
1.5.0 - User Polls
1.5.0 - iTeams Launch
1.5.0 - Prediction leagues
1.6.0 - Full widget build functionality, including custom footytube player
1.7.0 - Visual live score / live chat service
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Man that's great I am waiting
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
What stage are we now at?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Ah.... Man I can't wait.... footytube rocks!You guys are doin exactly what I wanted!
Fishy (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Can't wait till the new feature
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
As we can select a favorite team it would if we can also a rival team

Now as you say about fantasy football league we can select only those players who donot belong to rival teams

Eg may be you know about the fantasy football league site in that if gerrard scores a good amt of points every body who has him in his team will get points.... I want you to develop a feature in such a way that manutd fans cannot select gerrard likewise LFC fans cannot select ronaldo
Tevez32 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Sounds good, good job Staff. Can't wait for the features to be updated
Nitro (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Dream Team' Fantasy football league sounds wicked I can't wait for that
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Sounds fantastic
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I'm personally looking forward to the prediction leagues. That should be fun to see how good people who think they know it all really are

How is the next build faring?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
OMG! I'm so excited!
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
This is constantly updated right?
Hithere (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Haven't read this thread till now. All I gotta' say is wow. You guys are really ambitious and you're doing all these really cool stuff for free.

It wasn't so long ago that I checked (the old) footytube just to see the extended highlight videos and move on to other sties. Now it's cutting into more and more of my time (not that I'm complaining) and by the time the Prediction League is out, I'll probably be glued to this site. Haha....

Keep up the good work.
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
You guys are the best  footytube, the next facebook?
Zach (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Any timeline for the release of 1. 5. 0? I'm really looking forward to the prediction league and quizzes.... So when somebody posts something stupid, I can check their real knowledge. Lol

Love what you guys are doing, I'm hooked! Thanks
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yessss good job and thanksssss
[account-removed] 5 years ago
I propose that you stop making this site so addictive. It is already doubling as my other facebook.

I created my prof just so I could try out the fantasy league, but now I'm investing so much time in it I want to change my profile name to something less of a joke, lol
Koolomer (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well will this dreamfooty thing gonna' be next year too or not? ...
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Dreamfooty? Er it went live months ago (check your profile - you created one!)
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ah, he means will it run next year, I'd guess that yes it will and it'll be even better!
[account-removed] 5 years ago
When will the next update be arriving?

I'm excited for all these new features. The site is great right now, but can stand to get better, especially with implementing reply alerts and the forums

Kick4Life - changing lives through football