Forums / Site Announcements
Order: Newest / Oldest
Announcing Footytube Unsigned
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago

Although at first glance, music and football may not seem the most likely of bed fellows, it's worth noting that in a survey of footytubers, over 70% cited 'music' as their second biggest passion.

Certainly, all of the staff here at footytube would count ourselves amongst that number.

So, What is footytube unsigned?
footytube unsigned is a free music service geared towards putting talented unsigned artists firmly in the spotlight, in front of millions of users, right here on footytube.

How does it work?
New unsigned artists joining the site will be given pride of place on the footytube homepage on non-match days. There will be download charts, and plenty of user feedback on the artists we profile.

Artists will also be given their very own shiny new partner channel, where footytube users can read about and engage with the band, follow their latest tweets and blogs, and of course, listen to their tracks and/or watch the band's latest videos.

Users will be able to download EP's for free, and artists will make money on the sale of their full albums on a Pay What You Want model. Users will also be able to buy T-Shirts and memorabilia, and request updates on latest band activities.

The bandwidth, promotion, and partner channel setup will be provided to artists, completely free of charge by footytube.

What kind of artists are you looking for?
We are looking for all kinds of artists. The only requirements are that you must demonstrate 'significant talent', and have at least 5 recorded tracks that you are prepared to give away for free.

You must also be open to making all of your material available for purchase via footytube on a Pay What You Want model. And, of course, you need to be unsigned ;)

All of your music must be 100% original and we do not accept DJ's that mix other artist's material on this basis.

Your music must also be of a style that we think will suit our demographic. Indie is good, Britney Spears-esque Karaoke numbers, are bad.

Please don't be offended if we feel you aren't quite right for our audience.

Do you already have bands onboard?
Yes. We have quite a few promising bands already signed up, with music styles ranging from folk and indie to ambient and funk. In fact, every band we've approached with the concept so far, has loved the idea of joining us.

When do you go Live?
footytube unsigned will launch in Late Jan/Early February 2010.

I'm not in a band, but I do produce a show / perform stand-up / [insert other talent here]
Although footytube unsigned is primarily geared towards music, we are interested in talent of all kinds, so if you think you have something else that would be a good fit with our audience, why not send us a few video links?

If we like your stuff, we'll set you up with a partner channel, free of charge.

How do I find out more?
Send us a Contact Mail with 'unsigned' in the subject, and we'll be in touch.
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Hello Lee, is this for footytube users or for new users who are more interested in promoting music than chatting about football? Because personally I write a few songs but obviously they wouldn't be good enough and they are jjust covers but anyway nice if you answered my question
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
It's for everyone - a few of the bands I've met with are avid football fans, some are not, but see this as a great opportunity for reaching a bigger audience.

It's great to hear you play music, but yes covers wouldn't be accepted, and bands would need to be somewhat established, with gigs under their belt and an EP as a minimum
EFerry16 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Cool idea
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Very cool, great to see footytube spreading its wings to new horizons. This will bring people together more than ever before and more importantly the artists/bands will have a platform to share their music and interact and get feedback. We can all agree upon how hard it is for a band to get recognition or even a simple gig, what better way to take the stage than on the internet with the number of fervent young crowd over here. I can't wait to see how this goes!
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Alright!  Could be a chance for me and a few of my freinds to get our musical talents noticed!  Thank YOU VERY MUCH, Lee!
Shanki (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Nice one Lee I think its really a good chance for the people who like football with music.... LOL!
3 years ago
A year on and still no sign of this...
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
They are taking for ever...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football